So I'm loving the new Taun Taun, but when I put it on my beasts shelf, it makes some of the earlier beasties look a little outdated. With these two Tauntaun packs, a Dewback "due" in a few months, and the Kaadu being released in a battlepack, it seems like Hasbro is down with a little Beast Love. What do you guys think is good enough to repack, in need of a resculpt, or never-before-made and needed?
• Ronto: Though it's not really a popular beast, the Ronto from the POTF2 era could really use a resculpt. It has sort of a Fisher Price dinosaur look to it.
• Wampa: I liked the Wampa we got a few years back, but it could certainly use a resculpt with enhanced articulation, and a more solid construction. The "chew toy" feel is a little lame.
• Nexxu: This guys suffers from the pre-posed nature of the SAGA collection. I'd like to see a new one with enhanced articulation.
• Reek: The sculpt on the Reek isn't terrible overall, but he could use some new legs, no action feature and a new paint job.
• Acklay: The problem with the Acklay is that each of his legs want to move in a different position. I think this one needs to be completely resculpted.
• Dewback: I would actually like to get a couple more Sandtroopers with Dewbacks, so I'd say that could be a straight-up rerelease.
• Bantha: I really feel like this guy was nailed the first time around. The rerelease a few years back had some weird coloring, if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to see the same coloration as the late '90s version...which may be the only situation where a POTF2 version is superior. It would be great to have a Mos Espa "beast of burden" version of the Bantha, rather than a Tusken Raider pack.
• Taun Taun (with Rebel scout): Seriously, this needs to happen.
• Orray: I'm not really a fan of this thing, but I know a lot of people want to see one made.
• Dactillion Dragonmount: Even though we got the briefest of glimpses of these flying dragons on Utapau, They would make a pretty cool toy.