Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 61079 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Saw the Tyrion figure a couple of days ago.  And AGAIN, like the Jon Snow I had seen before, the paint apps were not good.  On both the Jon Snow and Tyrion figures their beards / 5 o'clock shadow was really messed up.  It was more on the sides of their faces than around their mouths.  And it doesn't give me hope for the line if they can't get some basic paint apps right.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I opted to pass on these after seeing them in person. Sculpts are too soft and don't look enough like the actors.

On the flip side, I bought a bunch of the GOT mystery mini figures and love them. Pulled a 1/144 Jamie from B&N. Couldn't believe it. Still need the 1/144 dragon and the white dragon to complete the set. Also need the GITD Walker but can live without that one. I hope they have more waves planned.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 08:56 PM »
I finally found a Jon Snow that looked good, and I picked that one up.  All told, I've only seen Jon Snow, Tyrion and Danaerys.  I really want to see the White Walker, Hound and Ned Stark in person before making a decision on any more acquisitions.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Hit up B&N and bought some more mystery minis. They had just put a new box out so i had first pick. Pulled the 1/72 GITD White Walker. All caught up except for the 1/144 dragon.  :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:35 PM »
After seeing these in person a few times, I decided to pick some up.  So far I've got the Hound, Danaerys, and Tyrion.  Need to get Jon and Ned and unsure of the White Walker yet.  I hope we get a Tyrion in casual attire since he rarely wears armor.

I guess we've got until August(ish) before wave two.  I'm surprised we're getting another Dany already (I know she changes clothes) and the fact there's a lot of females in there (not complaining).  Hopefully wave three will have Tywin, Cersei, Theon, Hodor, Bran, Catelyn... or Joff or Sansa though they like to spread it across houses, so there might be Viserys or some Tyrells, Martells, the Mountain.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I picked up a Ned Stark a few weeks back.  The likeness was better than I expected.  Ned is in his King's Landing gear.  I would've liked him to have his cloak.  Especially since Ned comes with both his regular sword as well as Ice, his great sword.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 01:55 AM »
Yeah, Ned's likeness if very good on the ones I've seen.  It's just his hair has highlights.  But, yeah, it'd be cool if he had the heavy cloak.  Anyone have problems with parts breaking?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 07:04 PM »
How is everyone displaying their figures?  Are you buying 6" stands?  If so, which work (and do they work with the SW 6" figures?)  Just worried that the part that holds the scabbard on The Hound will break if he falls.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53 PM »
I haven't even un-boxed mine yet.  I'm in the midst of a massive loose Star Wars figure organization project, and that's been getting the majority of my attention for the past few weeks.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Got my pre-order in for the Threezero Tyrion. Hope Jon Snow is soon although I think Ned is next.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54 PM »
I want that Walker! Are these going to be stocked at retail stores too or just online?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50 AM »
I want that Walker! Are these going to be stocked at retail stores too or just online?

Should be both... and supposedly, when I checked availability in-store, it said they were, but to call to see if they have any.  So I wonder if any have gotten to the stores yet?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Yeah, i noticed the same thing when I looked it up too, but I am skeptical. This could be one of those deals like Target where all the figures are under one generic DPCI code. I'll definitely hit a few B&N's up today just to be sure though. Will report back later...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 12:28 PM »
I found some at my b&n so you should be good.