Author Topic: Revan  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Revan
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I received this book As a Christmas gift and I'm a couple of chapters into it.  Pretty good so far, and is probably required reading for KOTOR fans!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Revan
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:09 AM »
Got this for Christmas as well. I'll get to reading it some day.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55 PM »
I finished this book in a couple of days, but just haven't gotten around to writing a review.  Overall I thought it was good.  I think the actual ending could be in TOR game...the novel was basically written to give a backstory to the game.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15 AM »
I'm going to start this today I think. I have never owned an XBox and thus never have played KOTOR. How "confused" will I be? Any thoughts?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:04 AM »
You may will be pretty confused, but able to get through it.  They do go a bit into the backstory of KOTOR, but since the game could go in a bunch of different directions based on the choices you make in the game, they kind of keep it generic.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Glad I read it so I know a little more about Revan now. The book left me feeling like I didn't get any sort of closure whatsoever, but I realize that's because I haven't played the KOTOR or TOR games. So that's my fault.

Time to move on to something non SW until "Apocalypse" comes out in a couple weeks.