Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105550 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TPM Mid-Size Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 11:40 AM »
So... it's almost May and I don't think I've read a single report anywhere that anyone in the USA has found the new N-1 Starfighter (or anything from Wave 2) at retail yet. 

I guess that's what happens when you kick off the year with Pod Racers repacks (with no pack-in figure) for $30, despite the fact that you can buy the 13-year old TPM versions (WITH pack-in figures) for like $20 on eBay.

Never did find that CW Mando Shuttle and with each passing month, I'm less interested in the N-1 upgrade.  Bummer.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Another month about to expire, another deadline missed on the Mando Shuttle. I guess EE is now going to say "Coming in May!" like anyone will believe that.

What angers me is that Hasbro actually TOLD people to go out and buy it from EE directly, giving the impression that they had worked out some kind of deal where these would find imminent release.

Apparently not.

I don't get it. Did they only make like 1000 of these? Why is it so hard to produce more and get them into circulation?

After getting burned on those DVD sets, damned if I'm going to overpay for this thing only to have it go the clearance route six months from now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 02:04 PM »
They have to be out there somewhere - we're just in a waiting game for someone to get them into distribution.  It wouldn't make sense to spending the tooling dollars on a really small production.  I think they will show up somewhere eventually - hopefully to all of you that ordered them from EE.

What I don't understand is why Hasbro doesn't try to sell them direct from their site.  They're obviously sitting on a stash of inventory and having trouble getting it into the retail pipeline.  So why not use your own retail site to push them out and start recouping costs?  I bet they could put them up at $35 and sell 'em like hot cakes at this point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 02:15 PM »
I don't know what true cause is for all of Hasbro's issues with distribution lately, but it's beyond frustrating.  I think it's a combination of bad decisions on their part and an inability to figure out case rations/demand in the "new" economy. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 03:00 PM »
Another month about to expire, another deadline missed on the Mando Shuttle. I guess EE is now going to say "Coming in May!" like anyone will believe that.

That's exactly what they've done - http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS30494

I'm willing to be patient on this as well - I have two on pre-order with them and I have no intention to cancel that order. Even if these things hit clearance at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/etc... there are still going to be people looking for these in some form or fashion.

What I find funny is that they also have the case assortments that this ship comes in and it includes the V-19 and Anakin's yellow JSF. The V-19 is currently languishing on shelves in the over-priced Vintage Vehicles assortment and the Anakin JSF is supposed to be coming out in the Maul-style packaging line.

Good job Dimwitz!!!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm really curious where this line is headed in the future.  It seems to have little to no attention from Hasbro anymore, and at this point much of the new things you'd see from the movies has either been done recently or is too large for this assortment.  I was interested in the new Naboo Starfighter as well, but like Jeff mentioned, my enthusiasm seems to lessen each month out we get with no release.  They really should have tried to have this out for the 3D launch, and at least have something new in that assortment.  Those repacked ships (and even the vintage ones) have seemed to languish about.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Still want the N1 but outside of Vinty figures and those exclusive packs that leaked, I'm really disinterested in all this other stuff.  Clone Wars is in the toilet in favor of the TPM blitz we're still suckin' on at retail...  Vehicles have been in the toilet since that (all too brief) glimmer of hope when TVC started and the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car made you think that things were changing finally.  I still expect a repaint of one or both of those ships, with figures to maybe go with them.

The N1's cool...  it's the only cool vehicle I can think of.  I thought the Mandalorian ship was sort of goofy.

Actually though I never even saw a Clone Cannon.  :)  I can't say I care about that either.

Oh well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26 PM »

Actually though I never even saw a Clone Cannon.  :)  I can't say I care about that either.

I saw it at TRU a few times. Although I  stay away from Clone Wars stuff, this looked too cool to pass up. Yet, I did each time I saw it. I figured it'd hit WM or Target for cheeper. But, no.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38 AM »

I saw it at TRU a few times. Although I  stay away from Clone Wars stuff, this looked too cool to pass up. Yet, I did each time I saw it. I figured it'd hit WM or Target for cheeper. But, no.

I found all three of mine at Wal-Mart and never paid the same price twice. $16, $18 and $20.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Wow, completely forgot about the N-1. Guess I'm not as enthusiastic about it as much as I thought I was
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Mid August and still no N1 >:( >:(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Mandalorian Transport 2!

Hey, Hasbro try leading 2013 with new molds and save the recycled junk for the refreshes that never make it to stores.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Mandalorian Transport 2!

Hey, Hasbro try leading 2013 with new molds and save the recycled junk for the refreshes that never make it to stores.

Precisely the reason why I just went ahead and bought the Wave 2 ships by-the-case from EE. After paying $100 for a C8 MIB US-version Mandalorian Transport, the last thing I wanted was to have to spend that kind of money for the new N1 and the repainted Clone tank.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 02:44 PM »
GH reports today that the Naboo Starfighter will NOT be coming to a toy shelf near you in 2013, as per Hasbro.

Surprised? Outraged? Completely non-plussed?

I don't care about the ship personally, but this would really irk me if I had been waiting and waiting for this. It's absolutely the Mando Shuttle all over again.

Don't see why they couldn't just shunt these to Kojl's/TJ Maxx/ROSS/Marshall's for the holiday season.

I still don't get where the ones they actually made are sitting. I don't think etailers ever got this did they? Just a few Mom and Pop reports were all I've heard.

Bummer.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy