Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105551 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2013, 01:39 PM »
One of our Targets dropped the price on these to $10 so I caved and picked up a Slave 1. I might get the Tank too if I see it out there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11 AM »
Wow.  I have to say, that I'm both surprised AND disappointed with the vehicle lineup for the Class 2 vehicle line. 

The Boba Fett's Slave I looks ridiculous.  Let's not kid ourselves, there.  And it seems like it's only coming out because Hasbro had already done the Jango version, and they're trying to make good use of the tooling.

The Anakin Delta 7 fighter?  It's another case of using the tool from the previous Obi-Wan Kenobi version.  A very transparent move.

But for me, the clincher here was the Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Interceptor from Episode III.  Hasbro FINALLY got the paint apps correct on Obi-Wan's second (blue markings) Interceptor, but it's only on this smaller, inferior version.  I had harped on this directly with Hasbro NUMEROUS TIMES, telling them that the paint apps on the first release of Obi-Wan's blue interceptor and Anakin's green interceptor were way off.  They re-released both, and AGAIN they were way off.  So now, Hasbro FINALLY gets the deco right on Obi-Wan's fighter that he flies to Utapau, but it's this scaled down garbage? 

UCK.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2013, 01:38 PM »
The Anakin Delta 7 is technically EU, never appears in a movie and the CW version is a different model. That makes it sort of interesting...sort of.

Very lazy entries. 3 waves of these vehicles using only four different molds. From a play perspective, there's no current Episode 3 enemy fighter to go against the jedi ships. And nothing to go with or against the OT Slave 1.  Without going to much higher price items, anyway.

If it matters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Kids don't have time to have a ship go against an enemy...  too many hands required for that much time-sucking fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30 PM »
Wow.  I have to say, that I'm both surprised AND disappointed with the vehicle lineup for the Class 2 vehicle line. 

The Boba Fett's Slave I looks ridiculous.  Let's not kid ourselves, there.  And it seems like it's only coming out because Hasbro had already done the Jango version, and they're trying to make good use of the tooling.

The Anakin Delta 7 fighter?  It's another case of using the tool from the previous Obi-Wan Kenobi version.  A very transparent move.

But for me, the clincher here was the Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Interceptor from Episode III.  Hasbro FINALLY got the paint apps correct on Obi-Wan's second (blue markings) Interceptor, but it's only on this smaller, inferior version.  I had harped on this directly with Hasbro NUMEROUS TIMES, telling them that the paint apps on the first release of Obi-Wan's blue interceptor and Anakin's green interceptor were way off.  They re-released both, and AGAIN they were way off.  So now, Hasbro FINALLY gets the deco right on Obi-Wan's fighter that he flies to Utapau, but it's this scaled down garbage? 

UCK.

What I find odd/interesting is that the packaging should really call out that these are "all new" or be window boxed or something. There is nothing that give the outward appearance that these are smaller for kids and most parents sure as hell wouldn't know the difference if they were familiar with any of the other prior incarnations.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2013, 05:18 PM »
I just want to see more OT themed ships.  Maybe the repainted Slave One is a sign of more OT vehicles... heck, even the tank repainted in Imperial gray similar to the battlefront colors would make me smile.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2013, 05:56 PM »
As per the front page, there are still (and even more now it seems) cases of Naboo Fighters hitting Tuesday Morning.  Good if you have the store near you. 

I got mine there in the initial reports...  Found another couple after some work for friends then recently, as stores continue to get this case in.  Seems several stores got 2 cases each.

I also bought the tanks.  I regretted not buying the original, and that tiny one blows.  So I bought, and I have to say it's probably actually accurately scaled, it just doesn't have the pivoting nacels like it should, but still it's a good size.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2013, 04:01 PM »
I picked up an Assault Tank for $10 on clearance at Marshall's today. I had gotten one a few months ago at Target for roughly the same price, but ended up returning it to help buy the 6" Sandtrooper. And now the circle is complete!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 1, 2013, 09:26 PM »
I snagged Obi-Wan's petite Jedi Starfighter today at Marshall's for a very palatable $7. They had 3, all priced the same as the remaining Class I sets. (which I also bought)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 1, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Never got that cheap here. Marshalls/TJ Maxx has had nothing great, they got the 2013 pod racers back in at $17. Blech.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 4, 2013, 11:31 AM »
I think i finally cleaned out all the local discount stores, but I did stumble across a TRU express yesterday with $15 Naboo Starfighters. I grabbed the only two they had. It was reported awhile ago that these were hitting there, but I hadn't personally seen it til yesterday. Good buy!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Looks like TRU Express stores still have a fair amount of the Darth Maul packaged vehicles on hand.  I was able to get another Naboo Starfighter as well as the Republic Fighter Tank repaint today at a TRU Express near me.  It might not have been a sweetheart deal like $15, but even at $19.99 it was a decent deal.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2016, 08:48 PM »
I found that Movie Heroes Fighter Tank  (missing the launchers) at a yard sale.  It's good to find anything action figure related at a garage sale, and I paid 50 cents for it but damn, what a hollow thing....they wanted $20 for that?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2016, 04:10 PM »
What exactly is it?  I don't recall that one. ???

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2016, 06:34 PM »
The Clone Army  hover Tank that only appeared in video games. They call if Republic Fighter Tank for some reason. This is the version they remade smaller and cheaper.

Republic Fighter Tank