Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105568 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Wow.  Just...  wow.  ::)  How the hell were these NOT out there?  How!?  This is as close to "iconic fighter" that TPM had...  WTF?!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Yep, I'm a sucker who plunked down the cash and bought myself a 2012 Class II Wave 2 case from EE.  At least I got free shipping...  and yes, another Anakin Starfighter for Toys for Tots! :P

Look at it this way - the Clone Tank, while it is a repaint, if you don't want it, I'm sure there's someone out there who does.

I needed one of each of these vehicles MIB and one of the Naboo Fighter and Tank to open - so I plunked down the money for TWO cases from EE.

I ended up opening the spare Anakin JSF and getting a spare Realistic Clone Wars Anakin figure to pilot it - and I had a spare 2011 Vintage ROTJ R2-D2 that fit perfectly in the droid socket.

So for me the only Anakin JSF that's going to Toys for Tots is the one from my Mando Shuttle - why do I get the feeling that A LOT of boys who benefit from Toys for Tots are gonna get that ship this year LOL...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Saw an AAT at TJ Maxx for $16.99. Hadn't heard of the vehicles hitting there yet. Decent price, but I didn't open the one I got last spring during some Target sale. Passed.

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 3, 2013, 03:35 PM »
broke down and bought the naboo fighter

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-36788-Starfighter-Vehicle/dp/B006666VXW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1359923466&sr=8-4&keywords=naboo+starfighter

39.99 with free shipping from the UK.

better than the ebay prices

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2013, 08:49 AM »
Where is the Naboo Starfighter thread?

And WTF is a "Gordman's"?!?!

And why can't people on the East Coast get access to these!  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08 PM »
Another store chain no one knew existed, I used to live in one of the states they have stores in and I don't remember it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Everyone has stuff like that...  5 Below's not everywhere but has obviously been in the news a lot...  We have something called Peebles.  Not many seem to have those.  No toys (of note) btw, just mentioning we have them. :P

Hell, K-Mart's really regional at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2013, 09:57 PM »
LOL, I went in a Peebles last week because they looked like an out of the way place that might have toys. Pathetic. Their toy section was even tinier than Kohl's.

All I can do is keep checking Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's and hope for the best, I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2013, 11:52 PM »
And WTF is a "Gordman's"?!?!

And why can't people on the East Coast get access to these!  >:(

I will trade out the local Gordman's for a 5 Below any day of the week.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47 AM »
Gordman's looks, to me, similar to Peebles actually...  Like a tiny Penney's or Kohl's.

Peebles is basically just that and their business model's to put stores in where there's basically not a lot else to compete (usually far from Target/Wal-Mart, and any malls).  Thus I have one in my town actually.  Got 2 sportcoats there last year though...  They kind of fill a niche actually, but toys aren't their thing by far.

Dunno if then that's what Gordman's is like, but yeah I'd take 5 Below over that...  :P  Despite 5 Below kinda being designed for small children and little girls in particular.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2013, 05:59 PM »
5 Below seems mostly useless for anything besides cheap action figures, but that's because I'm not their target audience.

I remember when Big Lots had worthwhile stuff, besides the yearly Power Team Elite army toys that increase in price every year.

There's an Ollies an hour's drive away, but I've never gone to it. Haven't heard of them having anything special recently.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Not fair to PTE, they actually only had one price increase...  my bigger gripe with them is a lack of presence this past year, and limited new stuff...  They've not been on a tear of their usual new waves of stuff in a couple years.  The last new things were only a couple playset items ultimately.

They've been years since they put out some sets too like the bridge, bunks, full tent, etc.

PTE has way more potential for goodness.

5 Below has a lot of other cool stuff...  card games, goofy car stickets and tin signs, candy out the ying yang, lego minis...  It's a store I could probably go in every day and come out with something...  But yeah definitely a tad girly in there.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2013, 10:42 PM »
No, I have a figure and camel set box that was $3, those small sets have steadily gone up to $5 over the past few years.  At one point the Hummers were well under $20, too.

Funny, I mention Big Lots and there's now reports of Class 1 2013 items appearing there for $18.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48 AM »
I strapped on my flak jacket and stopped by a Big Lots yesterday on the way home from work, just out of curiosity. They had absolutely nothing SW related in the whole miserable store. Remind me to get a vaccination before I step foot in one of those places again...eesh.

$18 isn't really a bargain price anyway. I'd prefer to wait it out and pick some more of these up at Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshall's when they'll be at a more appealing $7.99-9.99 range.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 02:55 PM »
Yeah I found the $18 price sorta meh.  I'd rather buy them at K-mart and get the reward points.  I've got almost $40 stashed on my Rewards card I plan on using when new stuff winds up hitting, or on the exclusives when they arrive.

Those sets haven't been hard to find either...  TRU, Target (lots there now), K-Mart all have had them in abundance.  I'd like a 2nd Yoda fighter but only a cheap one, nothing full price...  really just for the droid dome.