Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101866 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« on: January 5, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Let the fun begin!  This was posted on HISS as to what will be the initial push...

GI Joe Movie 2 Blaster: Folding Carton: 3 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Blade Of Justice: Blister Card: 4 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Delta Vehicle Asst: Folding Carton: 2 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 10" Inch Battle-Kata Battlers: Platform Box: 3 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Alpha Vehicle Asst: Blister Card: 8 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Mask Asst: Box With Header: 6 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 3.75: Blister Card: 12 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Bravo Vehicle Asst: Folding Carton Closed: 4Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Snake Eyes Ninja Set: Folding Carton Open: 3 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Battle Kata Weapon: Folding Carton Closed: 3 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Ninja Showdown Set: Window Carton: 4 Per Case
GI Joe Movie 2 Ninja Commando Blaster: Folding Carton Closed: 2 Per Case

Lots of kiddie stuff here.  Delta size vehicles has me intrigued.  Was that what the Night Raven or RHINO were "classified" as ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2012, 02:36 PM »
I was looking at that last night.  I'm interested to see what's in the Delta Vehicle assortment.  And it looks like it's going to be heavy on the role play and not as many whacky scales and new lines.  Basic action figures and vehicles, whatever the 10" Battle-Kata Battlers are and then role play.  Nice and manageable and not blown out like 2009 was.

I can't wait to see the figures.  If nothing else, I'm buying the Rock Roadblock figure the second I see it on the pegs!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2012, 01:04 AM »
Looks much more scaled back from ROC, which is good. I'm curious about Alphas this time around.

I figure all the really neat stuff will be exclusives, like it was with ROC. Can't wait for Toy Fair to see what Hasbro has to offer.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2012, 02:40 AM »
I was wondering about exclusives.  I know that Hasbro is cutting back on Star Wars exclusives this year and was wondering if that's a new corporate strategy or if it was just for that line.

With Phantom Menace, Joe, Avengers and Spider-Man all hitting this year (and assuming no Ghost Rider toys) I'm really wondering how it's all going to be managed.  If anything will fall out due to the amount of aisle space those lines are going to take up.  I could see fewer exclusives all around just so that stores will have the room to fit the wide release stuff.

Still, I'm more excited to see the Joe stuff for 2012 than I am Star Wars.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2012, 04:02 PM »
First look at the new movie toys

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-02-01/GI-Joe-Retaliation-movie-toys/52918456/1

Other than the Halo helmet, I'm kind of digging the Joe Trooper
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Joe Trooper would easily be my fav as a kid, envisioning myself as one of them under that bucket.  Actually I am impressed with them all.  Much more of a 1980's feel than I expected. Maybe this movie will be actually really cool?  I have a little hpoe now after seeing that Cobra Trooper and Commander.

Duke is as lame as ever though.  Cool Star Wars bounty hunter rifle he has there though.  That'll be nice when he hits clearance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Those figures actually don't look too bad.  Between these and the trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic about the moviet his summer.  Definitely like the look of CC and the troops better.  I had planned, outside of Snake Eyes, on passing on this line - but these do look kind of neat.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2012, 07:32 PM »
they all look great - except duke - he still has the pencil neck thing going on

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2012, 11:11 PM »
Wow. That's some good looking stuff. Hopefully Hasbro avoids sticking missile launchers in the packages this time around.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2012, 01:46 PM »
gonna need about a half dozen of those red ninjers
But I had hoped Cobra commander would have had a 30th Viper stlye vac metal face

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2012, 09:41 AM »
More new Retaliation toys revealed today.

And I'm PISSED! They're releasing Jinx as an SDCC exclusive!  I still don't have last year's Zarana and now it's looking like I'll probably miss out on Jinx also.  Oh, and there is way too much "ninja" in this line.

I was pretty excited for this line but right now I'm just so angry over Jinx that I'm not even interested in it anymore.

E...

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2012, 10:19 AM »
...whats that weird cobra coloered mask and soft goods on the Gi joe trooper?

And Ive wanted a blue moccasin since the very first green one came out in like 83

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Liking everything I'm seeing so far as far as the figures...vehicles are a meh...  As far as SDCC Joes?  Outside of Zarana who I got from JD I have to face the fact I'll never own the rest.  No biggie, but a piss off to say the least.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2012, 11:47 AM »
More new Retaliation toys revealed today.

And I'm PISSED! They're releasing Jinx as an SDCC exclusive!  I still don't have last year's Zarana and now it's looking like I'll probably miss out on Jinx also.  Oh, and there is way too much "ninja" in this line.

I was pretty excited for this line but right now I'm just so angry over Jinx that I'm not even interested in it anymore.

E...

Weird colors on a lot of the toys, and those motorcycles are extremely lame. As for Jinx, I'm hoping they'll have quantities similar to the ROC Destro from a few years back. At least the ARAH costume appears to be the normal figure and not the variant. I'm not sure if I want the Jinx figures but hopefully everyone who does want them can get them for a decent price.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Great. Another SDCC exclusive I'll have to pay $40 to acquire. And those vehicles are junk, though I'm glad to get another chance at the hiss scout and cycle armor.

But the rest of the stuff looks great.