Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101848 times)

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #180 on: June 8, 2012, 01:10 AM »
Wave 1 had a few "special" figures mixed in with the regular 9 figures. These "special" figures are rare and won't be re-made. The Black Cobra Commander is a rare one that will only be seen in Wave 1. Also there is Joe Colton (Bruce Willis' character). I saw these at TRU when the first came out but didn't pick them up for some reason.

If the distract wharehouses for the big retailers are still holding onto whatever is left of Wave 1, then those rare figures might pop back up in Feb/Mar.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 8, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Joe Colton is already out?  And the black Cobra Commander is the rare one?  I've seen at least a dozen black ones, but not a single blue one...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 8, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I tossed mine from the second floor balcony. It really wasn't high enough, but I'm not going outside to try it for fear of someone seeing me do it.

Lmao...

My son has a couple of these, so I can use that as an excuse to try it... and did last week outside.  It didn't work too bad at all, actually.  At least in his eyes, it was amazing... to me, it was ok.  We put the parachutes on some Neo Vipers from the first movie though because the helmet keeps popping off the Cobra Trooper, and he's afraid he'll lose the helmets.  So those two guys are now flanking the new Cobra Commander in his diorama setup.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 8, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Put my HISStank together tonight.  Took me awhile to connect the body to the tread portion.  Quite a few paint scrapes and overspray on some parts so may take it back.  CC driver with 5 points of articulation ain't bad - if I was a 5 or 8 year old, but I can understand Hasbro wanting to keep costs down.  Might pick up the Joe jet tomorrow and see how it floats...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 9, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Joe Colton is already out?  And the black Cobra Commander is the rare one?  I've seen at least a dozen black ones, but not a single blue one...

The Cobra Commander figure that comes in blue is supposed to be the standard for Wave 1. I'v only seen one of the black variants and one Joe Colton. I'm sure the Colton figure will be widely available in later waves. But it looks like Hasbro did release him as a rare figure to pick up within the first Wave.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 9, 2012, 02:31 PM »

The Cobra Commander figure that comes in blue is supposed to be the standard for Wave 1. I'v only seen one of the black variants and one Joe Colton. I'm sure the Colton figure will be widely available in later waves. But it looks like Hasbro did release him as a rare figure to pick up within the first Wave.

Was Joe Colton found at a retail store? 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Picked up the Joe jet at Target yesterday....endcap?  why?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Yes I found it on the pegs at my local TRU. Only saw one Joe Colton. I have talked to other collectors in my area and they have been aware of these figures too and have told me they are supposed to be rare limited edition figures that are only being released in Wave 1. I didn't know that at the time of seeing them and I just assumed they were regular figures for the wave. Now i'm regretting it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2012, 02:26 PM »
I'm not usually the one to do this, but I'm gonna need to see some pics of this fig.

None of the Joe collecting sites have reported any finds of Joe Colton on the pegs with the first wave.  I've personally found the wave stocked 3 times and all 12 figs from each case were accounted for and no Colton figure was there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Yes I found it on the pegs at my local TRU. Only saw one Joe Colton. I have talked to other collectors in my area and they have been aware of these figures too and have told me they are supposed to be rare limited edition figures that are only being released in Wave 1. I didn't know that at the time of seeing them and I just assumed they were regular figures for the wave. Now i'm regretting it.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the GI Joe Trooper with Joe Colton? As efranks said, no other sites have reported anything about Colton being released, and packaged samples aren't even available on ebay.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Yeah, I'd think if Colton was out there, he'd be up on eBay.  Maybe you saw the Roadblock?  Both are bald and wearing tank tops, right?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Yep, and again...no Joe Colton.

Guess we are all agreed this really DIDN'T come out as someone claimed above?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Yep, and again...no Joe Colton.

yep - he hasn't been released yet.

Did anyone notice the crappy articulation on Movie Green Firefly and Flint?  No ankles or double knees yet again....  update:  kinda looks like Firefly has no wrist articulation either!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:25 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2012, 01:09 AM »

Yes, I think everyone agrees that Joe Colton has not been found at retail.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:10 AM by CHEWIE »