Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101879 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I think that may actually be the price, my store has new shelf tags showing $19.99 in place of the $31 it started at.  That's supposed to be the MSRP on them anyway so hopefully it'll stick at that price.  Nothing has moved in my store except the Ninja Cruiser I bought and a couple packs of the bagged Micro Force...which I also bought.

I'm not holding out much hope that this line is going to move, even when the film opens.  My store is basically stocked with last year's toys, the only single carded figures on the pegs are wave 1 Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Roadblock.  I found the Flint, Jaye, Colton wave at WM out of town and I'm hoping my WM at least skips wave 1...but once again, my recommendation is if you want anything beyond wave 2, order it online.

I'm definitely ordering a case of the wave with Kwinn in it...I'm NOT missing that figure and I'm not holding out any hope it'll ever see retail.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42 PM »
I haven't really bought much of the movie stuff this time around, but I did get the Ninja Duel Snake Eyes this week, and it is a pretty nice figure.  I have been holding off on the figures a bit this time around, since pretty much all the ones I grabbed from the first movie (aside from SE and SS) have been packed away pretty much since then.  The Tomahawk (or Eaglehawk) is tempting though, when that hits.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Found a blue Cobra Commander and GI Joe Trooper at Target today, and picked up another Red Ninja, so it looks like wave 1 is making the rounds again.

Also, I picked up the dollar store repaint of the Cobra Trooper (the blue one with yellow webgear) at TJ Maxx. I found two of them, and no other figures from the wave. One's up for grabs if anyone has an extra Storm Shadow from that same wave, though the card isn't mint.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Dollar store orange Storm Shadow on Ebay via China:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/271190218733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I hate walking into the dollar stores in my area and wasted so much gas looking for the last round of figures so I just bit on this.  You can make an offer to get the figure at a lower cost - you get three attempts for it to accept your best offer.

I tried $8 - declined
$9 - declined
$10 - accepted.

So either the sweet spot is $10 or it is between $9-$10 in case any of you want to bite and try and get it for the lowest price possible.   ;) :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Thanks for that. Been looking for that Storm Shadow for a while, and was getting tired of coming up empty at TJ Maxx, and the local DGs are just saturated with the first wave.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2013, 03:43 PM »
got my dreamsicle SS today from China.  Perfect condition except for one small white paint dot in an orange section and he came with all of his accessoris

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2013, 07:16 AM »
I got my wave 3 case from BBTS and they all look great.  So far I have only cracked open Cobra Commander and he is really cool and I might nab a second one for other head if I find him at retail.  I really like his Fang copter thing he comes with too.

I only quickly glanced over the rest but the worst of the bunch paint apps wise was Road Blocks head - they we went waaaayyyyy too think with the paint on his facial hair.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Cobra. Commander. Want.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 8, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Got my order from Small Joes.  SS, SE, CC, Budo & Kwinn.  So awesome to finally have Kwinn.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Looks like my Wally put the new wave directly to clearance.  I grabbed the awesome new Storm Shadow, Snake-Eyes V2 and the incredible Cobra Commander for $3 each!  Left Firefly behind, and Crimson Guard rang in at $10.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Holy crap!  I can't believe that wave even showed up in a retail store, at any price!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2013, 11:01 AM »
Today I saw Kwinn, Duke and Flint from this wave.  Left them for someone else.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2013, 02:55 PM »
Where is this mythical Walmart?

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Yes!  Where!?  My bro needs, well, all these. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77