Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101871 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2013, 02:07 PM »
This store was in Lisbon, CT.  I'm going there today and I'll see what's left.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I stopped over to RS and found on their Joe forum where people reported seeing a few newer items at Walmart as well.  I really didn't expect that to happen as I haven't seen a WM or Target that left Joe on the planogram.

I've also seen reports of full cases of Roadblock or Snake Eyes showing up at TRU.  Apparently Hasbro thought that would be okay with us, proving once again they're ******* idiots.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2013, 05:23 PM »
You know there's only 5 characters in the GI JOE universe that sell. That's why you see so many Zombie-Vipers, Lifelines and Low Lights still hanging around in stores everywhere.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:24 PM by Scockery »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Someone cleaned this WalMart out.  In fact, they had a TON of UltimateFX sabers marked down to $15.  I let my son pick one out (he picked red).  I went back to grab a Luke and an Anakin for him so he'd have all three colors, and they had one Luke saber left and two Anakins.  They blew through these.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2013, 01:35 PM »
I saw the Kwin was the other day at TRU

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 2, 2013, 01:46 AM »
Blind Master and Jinx just arrived from my HTS pre-orders.  Decent looking figures but I haven't opened them yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 8, 2014, 10:45 AM »
After reading some reports online, I stopped at Toys-R-Us and Five Below over the weekend. 

TRU has been getting the Blind Master/Jinx wave in and I found leftovers at the store in Binghamton, NY.  I picked up the Blind Master but no sign of Jinx or the Night Viper.  The Eagle Hawk is on Green Clearance until the end of the year, with green meaning 40% off the tagged price of $44.99.  I picked up another and tried to use their 20% coupon but apparently they wouldn't apply that due to the clearance pricing.  Still, $29 out the door with the chopper.

Five Below has been getting in cases of the Ultimate wave.  Of the two Five Below stores I stopped in, only one had leftovers from the case.  I spotted Kwinn, Cobra Commander, Budo and a couple other figures.  At $5 each I picked up the Ultimate movie Flint and Duke. 

I'm still surprised that the Blind Master wave showed up at TRU but a while back I did find the Kwinn wave at a store so they're really the last major retailer giving the brand any shelf space.  It's also surprising to me that HTS no longer lists most of the Kwinn and Blind Master waves of figures on their site but they're showing up at Five Below.  I'd pay $10 all day for more Night Vipers and even for another shot at Jinx.  It's really too bad that Hasbro is treating this line this way.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Figures, after I dropped waaay too much cash on a set of NV, Jinx, and Blind Master on ebay. My local store is a lost cause, with thirteen w1 Roadblocks on the pegs. Roadblock, quite literally blocking the road. (Ha! I kill me.)

Maybe this will drive prices on ebay down for Night Vipers. I wouldn't mind having a couple more, but at $40 or more each...

I wonder if Tuesday Morning is still getting the Ultimate wave in. I just found out there's one about an hour south, and I might consider hitting it if they do. Of course, there's a TRU Superstore there too, so it may be worth the trip anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2014, 12:00 AM »
I'm jealous of the Five Belows up north getting the "Ultimate" wave. Down here the local Five Belows are only stocking the Night Viper wave, which isn't terrible, but the "Ultimate" wave would have been way better.

TRU has also been stocking the Night Viper wave fairly regularly over the past three weeks or so. I think one case per week at two different stores in my area. Once again, I would have preferred to see the "Ultimate" wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2014, 01:26 AM »
I found some figs tonight for my bro but 5B's are getting picked over DAMN fast here.

I got a Kwinn, Flint, and some others.  Army builders are almost always gone immediately.  I'm looking though.

I was hoping to find Lady Jaye for myself, but that's not the wave coming in here I guess?

I got an Ultimate SS though, for my meager "I want ultimates of figures I dug as a kid" collection, and holy **** is this SS "ultimate" to the max.  I can't even tell what half his accessories even are, they're so tiny and weird looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02 AM »
I found some figs tonight for my bro but 5B's are getting picked over DAMN fast here.

I got a Kwinn, Flint, and some others.  Army builders are almost always gone immediately.  I'm looking though.

I was hoping to find Lady Jaye for myself, but that's not the wave coming in here I guess?

I got an Ultimate SS though, for my meager "I want ultimates of figures I dug as a kid" collection, and holy **** is this SS "ultimate" to the max.  I can't even tell what half his accessories even are, they're so tiny and weird looking.

Ultimate SS is a steal for five bucks. Kwinn and Flint are pretty awesome too. As I said earlier... I'm so bummed my region isn't getting that wave. I would have a field day.

Regarding Lady Jaye, that figure is shipping with the other assortment, aka the Night Viper wave. I'm hoping the Five Below distribution changes at some point, with the Night Viper wave hitting up north and the Ultimates down south. If you get desperate for a Lady Jaye and don't mind paying ten bucks, TRU might be worth a shot.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2014, 02:24 AM »
Dang, Jesse.  I passed up a Lady Jaye fig at TRU last weekend.  I won't be back to that store anytime soon though.  HTS still has her in stock also and there was that 20% off w/ free shipping code but I think it expired Monday.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2014, 12:46 PM »
I'll hold out for 5Below.  I think these may keep turnin up and new cases may surface.  As fast as they're selling I wouldn't be shocked.  Guess I need to get a beret and sawed off shotgun for flint next time my brother does a Marauder order too. :) He's not as ultimate as the title suggests.

My brother wants night vipers and crimson guards...  Those don't seem to linger.  Budo does though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2014, 03:58 PM »
I've been looking for Night Vipers and CGs also.  Joe K picked me up a couple CGs in Scranton last night so they are around.

E...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2014, 11:30 AM »
I saw Lady jaye at a 5 Below yesterday... along with a bunch of ninjas (Blind Master, Cyber, Dark)... not sure what figures are in what wave.