Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101856 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2012, 04:39 PM »
No sightings of the Ninja Vamp here, but I didn't go in Target yesterday.  I'll probably pick that up if I see it, I think it's an excellent update to the VAMP, and I'm a big fan of this new design.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2012, 10:17 AM »
I have seen the Vamp at my local Target

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2012, 09:26 PM »
I didn't see a thread for SDCC coverage (other than the exclusives) so just posted this here.  I was looking through some of the pics from SDCC, and checking out the Joe stuff...what are the red/white carded figures that are in the background of their Joe cases?  Maybe this was revealed somewhere and I just missed it, but they were much different cardbacks than the Retaliation stuff.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I didn't see a thread for SDCC coverage (other than the exclusives) so just posted this here.  I was looking through some of the pics from SDCC, and checking out the Joe stuff...what are the red/white carded figures that are in the background of their Joe cases?  Maybe this was revealed somewhere and I just missed it, but they were much different cardbacks than the Retaliation stuff.

Those are the Dollar General GI Joes. Currently they are very hard to find (and thus, very expensive on ebay) but supposedly more should be hitting Dollar General stores in the coming months.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2012, 02:25 AM »
Saw them at the local toy show...  $75 a set.  Whoo boy.  That, for dollar store figures?  hah!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2012, 03:05 AM »
They may have been sold in Dollar General but they were $6 each so that guy just did the standard and doubled it.  I really liked them more than what Hasbro put out for the Retaliation movie, though...well, I liked the GI Joe Trooper from the movie line.

But, yeah, the Dollar General figs have been hard to find.  I scored a full set in one shot at a store on the other side of the lake and then found 2 more at a store in a town about 15 miles from here.  Both stores are in really small towns and kind of out of the way.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Saw them at the local toy show...  $75 a set.  Whoo boy.  That, for dollar store figures?  hah!

That was about my limit with shipping when I was fishing for them on Ebay, but kept getting sniped at the last few seconds so just gave up.  Would be nice if Hasbro found another way to get these in the hands of the fans like they mentioned at SDCC in one of the qna's.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36 PM »
I ended up hitting over a dozen Dollar General stores in June/July and never saw a single one of those figures.  Bah.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2012, 06:11 PM »
I ended up hitting over a dozen Dollar General stores in June/July and never saw a single one of those figures.  Bah.

same here.

ps - I went to Target today and they did their restock and these figures were gone from the plannogram

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2012, 07:04 PM »
ps - I went to Target today and they did their restock and these figures were gone from the plannogram

They are on a back endcap now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Yup all the Roadblocks and Dukes and Stormshadows that will be clogging pegs in March are chillin in the back aisle now....  If I could snag one more 3 pack on clearance, I would.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2012, 01:39 AM »
They're still full price here or I'd have bought the one with kamakura in it.  Kinda dug him.  those 3-packs were spiffy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 7, 2012, 09:20 AM »
Those 3 packs are spiffy! 

Hearing The Kmart has this line on clearance and some pretty good deals.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 7, 2012, 12:19 PM »

They are on a back endcap now.

Not in my area.  Just the basic figures are on a back endcap.  3-pks/vehicles are nowhere to be seen.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #239 on: August 9, 2012, 12:41 AM »
^ Same at my local Target. I wish I'd have grabbed that Ninja VAMP now. I saw it last Thursday and Friday night I decided to grab it, but by the time I got back there the space in the aisle was gone and only a few figures were out on an endcap.

Oh well. I'll just make sure I grab it next spring. It does seem weird to me that Target would just take the stuff off the shelves instead of putting it on clearance.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk