Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101862 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #240 on: August 9, 2012, 10:07 AM »
I've been wondering what Target was going to do with their stock.  Walmart mostly sold through and they have clearance prices on what's left.  My store never got the $20 wave of vehicles and I don't think they had the 3-packs either.  But sold through the $14 vehicles and even the motorcycles for the most part. 

My Target never got the new Ninja Vamp because I was haunting the ailse looking for one once I found out they'd hit some stores.  It's hard for me to believe that Target would pull the stuff and sit on it until next February-ish, especially since they'll be getting more of what they have now because Hasbro has said they'll be shipping more of the Wave 1 stuff.  Target just doesn't seem to run their inventory in that manner.  But, who knows, this is an odd situation.  Still, the original plan for summer must have included Joe so where did the original aisle space for Joe in this summer reset go?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 9, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Wonder if they just dumped what they had left to Goodwill?  I know Target does that a lot (at least in my area) when they can't move final clearance prices, but yes it is odd that most everything sort of vanished without a clearance.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 9, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Those 3 packs are spiffy! 

Hearing The Kmart has this line on clearance and some pretty good deals.

$5 figures and $8 smaller vehicles (Ninja dune buggy and fangboat). I didn't check the motorcycles. They never carried the larger vehicles here.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Found at Target that still had a full endcap today.  Snagged the only Joe trooper and the suv - hoping i can trade that sucker for a black hiss...maybe.  Also saw some Skystrikers at TJMaxx for $25.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29 AM »
I found a Target that had a full end cap of all the 1st wave of stuff a couple of weeks ago.  They didn't have the Ninja Combat Cruiser (VAMP repaint) which I really want to pick up.

I was surprised to find all that I did at Target, even TRU didn't have that much left over stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 1, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Anyone tried the brown Joe troopers cape on a Steel brigade guy yet?
it looks pretty cool!

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 1, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Picked up a Fangboat at Kmart for $4. First Joe toy since the mid 80s for me.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 4, 2012, 11:16 AM »
I am up to 5 fangboats in all now.

Boy I sure do wish I could find a supply of those regular ( left / port ) side cannons to make all five of mine classic style armament. You CAN take a port side gun off of another Fangboat and have two standard cannons on one boat but it leaves one of my boats with only the torpedoe launcher

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30 AM »
oh hey man
the brick and morter spots are starting to do xmass stocking or something.
I have been seeing lots and lots of the missing star wars waves, avangers stuff, and some people over at hiss are talking about seeing new retaliation stuff in soem of the xmass sale resets.
Any sign of that from you guys?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55 AM »
I've seen a spatter of "lost waves" of Star Wars starting to show up (mostly the Evazan wave) but yeah, I've seen some Targets now putting Joe figures back out.  I believe they had pulled them but now are trying to get a Christmas push on them.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2012, 04:01 PM »
I didn't stop in Target last night (heading there tonight) but figured there would be some little resets for the upcoming holiday so maybe some of that Joe stuff will be back here too.  I know when they pulled it from the main aisle there were still basic figures, BP and Alpha wave stuff still in stock.  The only thing to come back out were basic figures which got stocked on an end cap w/ SW and Marvel for a couple of weeks.

E...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2012, 01:04 AM »
I got mine for under $10.  Nice figures if they're still at that price..

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 17, 2012, 02:32 PM »
My local Target finally put their Joes back in the main aisle....Alpha ($15) vehicles already on clearance though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02 PM »
I didn't see any figures or vehicles, but my Target put out 3 or so of the Ninja Gun that The Rock uses in the film; straight to clearance.  I'm planning on haunting the clearance section at Target just to see what they put out...they suddenly found another case of that Maul/Opress/Sister pack for clearance and, while not marked down yet, had at least one more case of that abysmal BP offering that included the Bomb Squad CW Clone and the terrible Han/Chewie/C-3PO set...not marked clearance, though.  God, Hasbro ****** up the last year.

E...