Author Topic: WF Winter 2012 Carded Chrome TC-14  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
WF Winter 2012 Carded Chrome TC-14
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Looks like Winter WF 2012 (February 12) will bring a new carded chromed TC-14...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: WF Winter 2012 Carded Chrome TC-14
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Dang, that does look nice and shiny- I suppose I could pretend he is U-3PO...

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Nice...hopefully we'll also get some news on upcoming waves...I need something to look forward to post DX4...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Not surprised at all by this considering we already got the vac metal C-3PO and the 400% TC-14.  I really wish that Medicom would show some more originality though...  I'm sure I'll pick this one up as I have with the other WF figures.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08 PM »
To me he'll be the rude E-3PO, who insulted C-3PO on Cloud City. ("E chu ta!")       :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25 PM »
To me he'll be the rude E-3PO, who insulted C-3PO on Cloud City. ("E chu ta!")       :)

Nice, I just watched TESB with my sons last week.  If there was a way to switch the card artwork from what I'm sure will be from TPM to that of Cloud City, I'd be all over it.

I know it won't happen, but it would be cool if Medicom also include the drink tray and drinks as an accessory to the figure...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Yes. This.

Also:

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10 PM »
If there was a way to switch the card artwork from what I'm sure will be from TPM to that of Cloud City, I'd be all over it.

If that's something you'd really be interested in, we could make it happen. Just sayin'.  ;)

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:53 AM »
I'm only on my first cup of coffee, but I believe this is the first prequel carded figure. A step in that direction could lead to hooded maul being re-released without the bike on a card. Or some clone repaints (501st, shocktroopers, etc).
Definately off-topic, but the window is closing on the best opportunity to do some CW figures too. Kit Fisto would be a great kubrick IMO, and I would like to see Ahsoka and Cad Bane as well.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12 AM »
A step in that direction could lead to hooded maul being re-released without the bike on a card. Or some clone repaints (501st, shocktroopers, etc).
Definately off-topic, but the window is closing on the best opportunity to do some CW figures too. Kit Fisto would be a great kubrick IMO, and I would like to see Ahsoka and Cad Bane as well.

I fully expected to start seeing more prequel and Clone Wars figures this year to coincide with the start of the 3-D re-releases, but it seems as though Medicom aren't heading in that direction.  It's really too bad since there are so many figures that could be done.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Just got my notice that this guy is being shipped.  The carded collector in me couldn't pass it up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Just got my notice that this guy is being shipped.  The carded collector in me couldn't pass it up.

Did you get a good deal on him?  I've seen them popping up all over for $60-70, but that's too rich for my blood.  I'll hold off until I can snag him for more like $45-50.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Well, I thought I was getting a good deal on it until I got the invoice for the in-country shipping.  The figure was $22 and the in-country shipping was $21 :(  Add Celga's fees and it was another $12.  So right now I'm at $55 and they haven't even shipping it to me.  I have a bad feeling that when it's all said and done, I'm going to be in for about $75 shipped >:(

I can't complain too much though because I wanted to at least try this route and see if Celga could come through for me which they did.  Now that I know what it will cost for shipping/processing/shipping, I don't plan on going that route again...  Live and learn.  Next time I'll just wait for ebay and snag one that is $55-$60 shipped.