Author Topic: WF Winter 2012 Carded Chrome TC-14  (Read 11854 times)

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: WF Winter 2012 Carded Chrome TC-14
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39 PM »
That sucks.

Thanks for being the guinea pig though.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Sith.  What was the shipping cost listed on the Project 1/6 store? $22 seems high.

I tried that same route with the bidding service I use, Shopping Mall Japan, when the carded Darth Dagobah was coming out. They accepted my order but then cancelled it when they realized they'd have to buy it on a certain day/time (I think that day was on a weekend when their office was closed.)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 06:24 PM »
I nabbed one off Ebay for $47.50 plus free shipping.  Tried to get 2 for $45 each in case anyone needs an extra, but I saw the qty was down to 1, so I pounced on it.  I did hear back from the guy later ( ::)) that he is willing to do $45 shipped if anyone else needs one.  Contact Ebay user rareak and he'll sell one offline for that price.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Carded R2-Q5 ???   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-R2-Q5-Kubrick-Figure-/200715611448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb952d38#ht_500wt_1180

I nabbed one off Ebay for $47.50 plus free shipping.  Tried to get 2 for $45 each in case anyone needs an extra, but I saw the qty was down to 1, so I pounced on it.  I did hear back from the guy later ( ::)) that he is willing to do $45 shipped if anyone else needs one.  Contact Ebay user rareak and he'll sell one offline for that price.

I tried offering him $40 this morning and he declined, then offered me the $45 deal.  Just offered $40 to a different seller though, so I'll see what happens (playing some hardball ;))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:18 PM by MikeT »

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 07:47 PM »
I paid $53.99 for it last night from rareek and this morning I discovered that he is selling them for $47.88.

He messaged me to confirm my address and phone number before shipping and when I replied I pointed out the above and also asked if he'd be kind enough to refund the price difference, how do you like my chances?  ;D

I suppose that's the cost of impatience.

edit: that was quick, he replied that once I recieve TC-14 he'll refund the difference.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:51 PM by space monkey »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Nice!  I figure I got a good enough deal at $47.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Not a bad price for the carded TC-14 from the eBay seller rareak

I did notice the seller was offering free shipping via registered airmail but without insurance if it gets damages during shipping. So you will have to pay extra for that. I'm a bit skeptical with the free shipping and how this seller is going to send the carded figure out.

I have read horror stories over the number of years from the forums when these carded figures are sent in a bubble wrap envelope or a flimsy box with no reinforcement to support the carded figure from bending or creasing

I have myself experienced this and force the seller to refund me via eBay/Paypal resolution process. When these sellers charge high price or offer free shipping

I hope for all who purchased from rareak that they arrive in perfect condition and make sure the carded figure is packed properly

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 07:22 PM »
There's a price war going on between rareak and meimei_625, there now down to $41.88.

I'm going to have to turn off those ebay alerts, it's just getting depressing now.

This seller was 10 available/2 sold, how do these HK guys get so many of a limited sold at a show in Japan.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 03:33 PM »
"rareak" is accepting "Best offers" but doesn't want to complete the transaction through ebay.  Instead, he sent me an ebay message asking me to send him my paypal info so he could send me an invoice.

When I required the transaction to be completed through ebay (my best offer still showed as "pending"), telling him I wasn't going to pay until it was officially accepted, he declined my offer.

Just a warning.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:34 PM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 04:40 PM »
"rareak" is accepting "Best offers" but doesn't want to complete the transaction through ebay.  Instead, he sent me an ebay message asking me to send him my paypal info so he could send me an invoice.

When I required the transaction to be completed through ebay (my best offer still showed as "pending"), telling him I wasn't going to pay until it was officially accepted, he declined my offer.

Just a warning.

Well, if he does it thru Ebay he has to pay added fees.  When you're selling 20-30 of something, the added $5 or so in fees really add up.  I don't blame him for trying to sidestep with all the offers out there.  I won one at $47 and he agreed to ship a second to me for only $40.

There's another seller on there now - Toys_Monsters I think and has them for $40 shipped BIN.  I should have waited - these will be down to $30 in no time!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Got mine for $41.99 from meimei_625. (They dropped the price by 54 cents shortly after.) Would've waited a little longer but I wanted to lock one up so I could cancel my preordered one. >:D

how do these HK guys get so many of a limited sold at a show in Japan.

Yeah, seriously. ???

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 02:09 PM »
I love the Vac Metal on these protocol droids.  He's dramatically different vs. the earlier version.

Still have a spare for $40 if anyone wants him... ;)

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Do you have one carded, one you've clearly opened and one to sell?

Or you opened one and are selling the spare?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:17 PM by space monkey »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Do you have one carded, one you've clearly opened and one to sell?

Or you opened one and are selling the spare?

I've been getting one carded and one loose of the new figures lately (Threepio, TC14, Chrome R2, Toy Fair Vader).  I had been opening all the carded ones, but SOMEONE had to send me a cherry Uzay Blue Star and I just couldn't bear to open it.   ::)  I bought another and now I've pretty much been nabbing two of everything carded except the rerelease regular series figures.  With TC I bought up two of them then accidentally nabbed a third while trying to get R2 and what I thought was a vac metal Threepio.  Do not drink while browsing Ebay.   Anyway, I currently have one loose (for me) one carded (for me) and another one carded (for sale).

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Yeah that's what I thought.

Medicom must love you "Oooh, shiny droid, I'll take three thanks!"  ;D