Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114831 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:13 AM »
MTT FTW!

Props to JTA for breaking this story with some juicy details.

3 feet long?  :o

20 battledroids included?  :o

Wowzers.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:37 AM »
wow - 20 droids!  crazy!  i know a lot of people don't care so much for the new droid but i like it.  i hope it is the droid

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:50 AM »
3' long w/electronics + 20 battle droids for $100   ???  It will have to suck for that price.  Heck that's $200 right there in figures alone.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Sure sounds like Hasbro is going to unveil this much-rumored ship at UK Toy Fair today.  The MTT rumors have been flying since NYCC, so while that part really isn't news it will be nice to have it "officially" confirmed I suppose. 

Heck that's $200 right there in figures alone.

It's $200 in figures IF you assume they are giving us 20 of the new SA Battle Droid sculpt.

There is every chance they will cheap-out and give us something like 10 non-articulated folded droids and 10 non-articulated unfolded droids.  Or maybe something in between like 20 of a different older and cheaper battle droid sculpt? :P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:56 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Wow, it sounds like a amazing item. I can't see getting it myself, unless it goes crazy clearance like the shuttle did. While it will have a lot of buzz going for it with the movie out, it is still a big rounded brown terd that carries nameless battle droids...

As a star wars geek, I can see wanting one, but as a parent looking for something cool for $100 or more, I'm not sure this thing has much curb appeal. the turbo tank looked like a monster truck, the AT-AT is a mechanized dino, and the Falcon is the Falcon. This one needs spinning rims, air shocks, and a subwoofer to be cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Can not wait to see pics!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49 PM »
found this from another site:

The only new thing I saw for SW was this year's big vehicle - the MTT. It's quite big, the main gimmick is the opening droid tray. It has the slow opening mechanism that the previous big vehicles has. It includes 20 battle droids and a crappy Obi Wan. Only four of the droids are articulated though. The rest are pre-posed ****. Kind of a con really as the blurb says "includes 20 figures" Unposable blobs of **** are not figures, Hasbro.

Read more: http://theredshadows.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tnc&thread=132#ixzz1kOoDFfVZ

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Darby/Diddly came back at us with the MTT rumor at NYCC, so this is kind of neat that it's what they're actually going with apparantly, and really big.  3 feet?  Much larger than the AT-TE.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 01:37 PM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:05 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46 PM »
There is every chance they will cheap-out and give us something like 10 non-articulated folded droids and 10 non-articulated unfolded droids.  Or maybe something in between

found this from another site:

Only four of the droids are articulated though. The rest are pre-posed ****. Kind of a con really as the blurb says "includes 20 figures" Unposable blobs of **** are not figures, Hasbro.

Read more: http://theredshadows.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tnc&thread=132#ixzz1kOoDFfVZ

Do I get bonus points for being close?  Everyone had to know there was no way they were putting 20 SA Battle Droids in there... :-X
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:53 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04 PM »
100 bonus points awarded to Jeff   :)

I don't really care about the unposable blobs of ****.  I'm more for the 3' long blob of **** myself.  This thing would have been $300 if they included 20 SA figures.  The droids will likely stay couped up in their stall once I get my mitts on this. 

Why would Obi-Wan be included though?  He had no interaction with this thing..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Wow, it sounds like a amazing item. I can't see getting it myself, unless it goes crazy clearance like the shuttle did. While it will have a lot of buzz going for it with the movie out, it is still a big rounded brown terd that carries nameless battle droids...

As a star wars geek, I can see wanting one, but as a parent looking for something cool for $100 or more, I'm not sure this thing has much curb appeal. the turbo tank looked like a monster truck, the AT-AT is a mechanized dino, and the Falcon is the Falcon. This one needs spinning rims, air shocks, and a subwoofer to be cool.

You nailed it Dan.  Neat, but would my kids play with it?  No way.

I'll probably pick it up if it gets sub $60, but likely not drop $100 on it.

Seems kind of odd that we would get this ship before a Rebel Troop Transport - I know it is a TPM year and not ANH year.

I still think an Ewok playset or something else would be a helluva lot cooler than a battle droid troop carrier *yawn*.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Between TPM3D and Clone Wars cross-over (even ifi t's not in the series) it's a smart way to go I think, but yeah...

I think that "3 feet long" is fudging the numbers there too...  3 feet when the droid compartment is out, but not when it's all put together.  Just my guess there.

And yes, bonus points to Jeff.  Or partial credit anyway. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 03:20 PM »
The play value seems good for what Hasbro could pull off with a TPM based vehicle...  and I'm sure my son will think it's neat - I'll be getting one for a shelf display for sure, and if he indeed likes it, then one for him too.  And I'll certainly support this at full price.  It's nice to see Hasbro figure out a way to make a "Big One" for TPM, without rehashing the Queen's ship.

Well done Hasbro, well done.   Even as a display piece, this thing will be awesome. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 03:30 PM »
It should be pointed out that if Jeff's getting bonus points, then Darby won the game outright. :)

He actually posted that he was hinted at strongly that the MTT would be this year's big vehicle, back in early January, and he mentioned it to me right after NYCC actually.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21308.msg528104#msg528104

Good scoop for him.  I'm honestly a little surprised, but at the same time, it has that dual value in fitting in with CW ala the way the AT-AT did, and then also fitting into the basic line and TPM focus of course.  Cool stuff.