Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114854 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46 PM »
I will also buy one as soon as I see it. I'll buy a second on sale.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2012, 03:13 PM »
I will also buy one as soon as I see it. I'll buy a second on sale.

Yeah I saw your post back on page 6 after I posted this AM. 

I do tend to buy right away when I see something I want in Star Wars/Marvel.  Sometimes if you hesitate you do get stuck paying secondary market prices. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Yes, I'll get one of each big item at full price, regardless of what it is.  I feel with as much as I've spent on this hobby and as much as I push for these bigger items, it would be hypocritical of me to wait for clearance - and if people like me aren't willing to pay the retail price, then I'm not sure we're going to see the big items continue into the future.

Ditto here.
I really want a Sailbarge and Tantive IV in my collection one day so I always support the Big Guys as well at full price when it hits. While I think this is a weal choice when compared to what big ships should get made first it's still cool they actually made this. If they made this they can make the Sailbarge!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Buying these big vehicles at full price really is necessary to keep the line going.  It stings the wallet to plunk down $100 plus for a single item...especially since the online collecting community has educated everyone about the clearance process at major retailers.

If anything, I think doing this is advisable:  buy an MTT/Turbo Tank/Shuttle for yourself at full price.  After that if you want to fleet build, then shop the clearances.  And keep in mind that clearances are also good for scoring some trade bait.  I wound up being able to get some good stuff because I had the foresight to buy some clearance Republic Gunships back in the day.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2012, 06:30 PM »
I'm of the opinion that, if it's meant to be, it'll happen.  If not, it won't.  I'm not much for the "grassroots movement" in an effort to get more when these I think aren't always sound choices and moves by Hasbro.  $140 is, to me, outrageous for anything "big" they've made in the last several years, and this looks like less than the AT-AT in terms of toy (just my opinion) in every way.  With that in mind I just feel that if it's meant to be it'll work out and people will support it.  If not it won't.

I'm also of the opinion that if I never got this, I wouldn't care probably...  So the risk doesn't bother me.  The guy waiting on clearance because he feels it'll be inevitable is the one taking the real gamble...  I think 99% of people will buy it if they seriously want it though and not wait for price drops.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2012, 12:39 AM »
I missed the release date for the MTT.  Anyone know when it's coming out?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11 AM »
I think they said Fall 2012.  Maybe that means end of August?

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2012, 11:29 AM »
I missed the release date for the MTT.  Anyone know when it's coming out?

Not soon enough.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Day late, dollar short.  This should be hitting store shelves NOW in order to capitalize on the theatrical release.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44 AM »
At the moment my son wants this very badly.  Though he is on a Star Wars super high at the moment.  It would have to be a X-Mas or birthday present.  His birthday is in November.  So, there is lots of time for him to change his mind about it.   I like the vehicle myself.  I am glad Hasbro has actually made it.  However, I don't think it's really worth $140.  More like $100.  If that.  So, yeah.  I may end up waiting for this thing to hit the clearance aisle.  I have been kind of pissed off about the increasing prices of SW toys lately.  That is across the board.  $30 vehicles.  $10 action figures.  $18 deluxe sets.  $25 figure packs.  I don't think it's justified either.  So, if that helps lower the prices it's fine by me.  If they end up discontinuing items they can look in the mirror.  I know they will blame it on collector enthusiasm, but you kill that enthusiasm with ridiculous prices in a crappy economy.  Just my opinion. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I think crappy distribution kills collector interest more than anything else.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2012, 10:19 AM »
amen
and hasbro never tries or does any better baout distro

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2012, 02:41 PM »
I disagree on that...  I think price hurts it far more.  I've seen every vintage wave, multiple times, just as I have in every year prior, and while some were harder to get (a lot harder) Hasbro is bringing many of those back out to retail this year.

What I've noticed though, is the sharpest decline in collectors ever, since 2008.  Since the major hikes in price, collectors have jumped ship like it's the titanic.  Retail seemed to slow down a bit...  Prices go up, people stop buying as much. 

Don't get me wrong, distribution isn't perfect, but I don't think that issue makes people bail on the hobby like pricing them out of it does...  Pricing them out affects everybody too, parents/kids/collectors.  The first two don't notice the distribution as much as the collectors, since they of course monitor that with a microscope. :)  Both can drive people away, but I think price ultimately forces a much broader group to avoid the line. 

Usually people finding what they want works itself out.  You see that all the time on the forums.  It starts with days, then weeks, then a month or more of people being vocal on what they cannot find, then they find it usually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03 PM »
It wasn't prices or distribution that hurt the line.  It was a Rebel Fleet Trooper without a holster.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Didn't help for sure. 

If I had to put that to a finer point though, it was all the way back to 1999/2000 when they didn't even have removable helmets or articulation that the line truly was damaged.  I don't think it ever recovered fully from that, much like a wound from a morgul blade.