Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114837 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Actually, it looks pretty fun.  I avoided the clone wars ship this year, and don't regret it.  But this looks to be pretty unique and playable.  At least we know that somehow, the numbers on these big ships work well enough that Hasbro keeps making them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Yeah, this is a HELL of a lot better than the Clone Wars Attack Shuttle, in my opinion... best thing in the line sine the Turbo Tank!  Well, Jango's Slave I isn't too shabby either.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Fake press kit. The Bongo sub is coming!   ;)

So odds are the Battle Droids from previous years probably won't work with this.

I like the line "The most iconic vehicle from Episode 1..." Yeah, right.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Why would Obi-Wan be included though?  He had no interaction with this thing..

Probably so on the box they can show him, and try to help make that a selling point... on the LEGO sets, they sometimes throw in another figure that isn't all that relevant... I think it's a good move... you know, some parents might be on the fence on this, and then see Obi Wan, and think "Oh, it comes with a good guy too, now Jimmy will be happy for Christmas."  After all, it probably doesn't cost Hasbro much at all to throw an Obi Wan in there, and apparently it's a really cheap version... so to have on the box "With Obi Wan Kenobi" might be their strategy behind that.

I think Hasbro did their homework on this one, and it sounds like for what it is, this is about as good as it gets for this vehicle.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Good point...I do the LEGO sets so perhaps Hasbro is finally taking a hint from them, plus ya adding a hero type guy to this would likely sway parents to buy one for lil Jimmy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27 PM »
It should be pointed out that if Jeff's getting bonus points, then Darby won the game outright. :)

He actually posted that he was hinted at strongly that the MTT would be this year's big vehicle, back in early January, and he mentioned it to me right after NYCC actually.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21308.msg528104#msg528104

Good scoop for him.  I'm honestly a little surprised, but at the same time, it has that dual value in fitting in with CW ala the way the AT-AT did, and then also fitting into the basic line and TPM focus of course.  Cool stuff.

Let me ammend this post too, to include our own P-Siddy as well, as he was the first to mention an MTT to me after NYCC this past year!  But yeah, that's two actually right after the show.  I wasn't shocked at the announcement for sure, but I was a bit surprised at the figures/size of it.  I figured it'd be closer to the Republic Shuttle in size, and more miniaturized.

Likewise, Sandtroopers.com also got less of a hint, but they were certainly on the trail of, the MTT back during their SDCC Coverage.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Eh...I'm not so sure I'm sold on this thing. I'd need to see some bigger pics.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Wonder if it'll be shown in a few weeks time at Toy Fair?

Offline jedicrippler

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Not bad, not bad.

Also, if you read the little blurb it says it's got "battle action sounds, weaponry & motorized droid deployment"  Oh my!  That's pretty cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Good point...I do the LEGO sets so perhaps Hasbro is finally taking a hint from them, plus ya adding a hero type guy to this would likely sway parents to buy one for lil Jimmy.

I don't buy LEGO stuff, but I do think LEGO has got things really orchestrated well with how they manage their pack-ins.  I love looking at stuff at the store and think it's cool how they integrate so many "extras" when they can.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42 PM »
Called it!   ;)

This is cool to see, especially as this is one piece I had wanted them to do from '99.  The non articulated droids was kind of expected, but 20 of them all together... wow. 

FYI according to Daryl this would (will) be at Toy Fair, as that's what started the whole discussion - where is the big ship???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:44 PM by Darby »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Awesome.  I'll take 2 MTT's thanks.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Still very surprised that they took a shot on this one.  But if Hasbro can apply some of the R/C and electronic concepts that they've used in the Hailfire Droid & Republic Fighter Tank, maybe they'll give it enough play value that can really bring around the more casual buyers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I'm guessing anything "motorized" on it is going to be a tension type thing ala the deploying doors on the AT-TE and not much else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Not bad, looking forward to seeing better pics of it (likely at Toy Fair).  I've been far more selective with PT-era vehicles because of a lack of space, but I might end up picking this up as well.  Pretty good choice for a "big" vehicle from TPM, and I hope that it does well enough that we continue to see something big from each of the 3D releases - lots of potential there.  It will be interesting to see how it does with kids/parents - it all depends on how much of a draw the TPM re-release really is I guess (or if that "prequel generation" does still collect toys like the OT generation does).  The fact that it is likely a Fall release might hurt things then since kids will have moved onto things like Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman, or GI Joe by then (with Hobbit on the horizon).  Anyways, pretty neat though.