Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 115024 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I hate to say it, but I'm going to pass on this.  Too much for too little.  Had it been a Sail Barge or Sandcrawler, a blockade Runner or even a Rebel Transport, I would have bought it the first day.  I just...can't do this anymore...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2012, 11:49 PM »
I like it a little bit, but not $150 good. Snag it on clearance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2012, 12:32 AM »
I wasn't ever interested in this enough to care, so I'm really not interested now after basically half a year of not really caring much about toys anyway.

Or caring too much depending on your POV I guess.

But yeah, f it.  I'll wait for clearance...  and if clearances don't happen, can't say I care.  I don't know off-hand any vehicle I would've gotten up and boogied about.  Maybe a scale Y-Wing or X-Wing...  definitely those actually.  Not much else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2012, 01:04 AM »
Wacky Prediction: This thing ends up not even making it to retail and is an online exclusive

Seriously, my stores have zero TVC or Clone Wars figures and are jam packed with Movie Heroes, Class I vehicles and the lame Class II repacks. And then whatever other stupid Pog/Jelly Bean type merchandise they are trying to get over this year. Absolutely no room for this one, and the Star Wars section is already really small and I highly doubt it's going to be expanded.

Personally I'm passing and spending the money on the repacked BAT-AT since I never got the original release
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Had it been a Sail Barge or Sandcrawler, a blockade Runner or even a Rebel Transport, I would have bought it the first day.
Four far more worthy choices for this line than the MTT.  Unfortunately, this may make the rest of those all a pipe dream.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2012, 11:23 AM »
I'm willing to pay full price to get a pristine MIB one for my packaged collection. But unlike what I did with the Attack Shuttle last year, I'm definitely waiting for clearance/sale for my opener. No way is this half-assed effort worth $150. To me, the Attack Shuttle was a far better toy/offering and that was $80 out of the gate - that's the same price this turd should have been.

For this price, the 20 battle droids it brags about having should have been all the Vintage Battle Droids. Maybe then it would be justified.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:24 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Super lame.  Saw the video on JTA.  This is about the lamest, most un-fun thing I've seen Hasbro release in a long time.  I think my kids would play with this for about 10 minutes before moving on and never touching it again.

Its hard to see how I would pay more than $50 for this, and that is almost solely because I'm still somewhat of a completist. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I can see someone wanting this if they really like TPM and want to set up the ground battle. I don't have room for it on that shelf, and the price is too high.

I'm waiting for a re-release of the AT-TE.  I chose the BMF Falcon over that and although I have no regrets over that choice...I do want an AT-TE full of AOTC Clones in my collection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2012, 12:09 AM »
I can see someone wanting this if they really like TPM and want to set up the ground battle.

So like was said, nobody wants this then.  :D :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2012, 09:41 AM »
I can see someone wanting this if they really like TPM and want to set up the ground battle.

Exactly. When these things come out, everyone will be excited they found one. A few will even buy several for their armies. We hate the price but we will still buy.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2012, 11:14 AM »
I'm thinking I'll set mine up in some sort of Clone Wars battle scene rather than squaring off against a Gungan army.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2012, 11:30 AM »
i really like the naboo ground battle and want two of these but dat price

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01 PM »

[*goes home and packs up all his Gungans, Falumpasets, Fambaas, and Kaduu and pretends like he had no plans for a TPM display table*]  :-[

"What!  Theresa nosa gonna be a bombad Gungeen war scene? Meesa so so sad."

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:03 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23 AM »
I was just rewarded with 600 award points at my work (big surprise), which is like $600 in gift cards - the only place that I know of that carries new Star Wars stuff that accepts these award points is Kmart, so that's where I'll probably try and get my MTT.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Cool diggs Chewie!  I remember getting a BATAT, PIT, and TF Devy for cheap at the Kmart so will just wait it out and see if I can get one there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN