Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion  (Read 46533 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2012, 02:54 PM »
I am with JJ on updated commanders and Wookies. I have been converting my entire Clone Army to the VC45 style sculpt. I am currently working on 501's and the upcoming Shocktrooper as I dump ALL of my old ones including the Commanders. I reallly want to see the Star Corps, 442nd's and Utapaus Clones redone as well.

Wookies had a good run for awhile but they have been ignored for far too long. The sneak Preview wookie was great and holds up well still. I have every variation and it's time to give that buck another run with new arms and a head. The action wookie is total crap. I have 3 of them (1 of every deco) I would like to phase them out soon. Also poor Tarful needs a serious redo.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I definitely agree on Tarfful.  That figure was OKAY for 2005.  But compared with the Sneak Preview Wookiee, it fell a little bit short.  And while the Wookiee that I voted for was Merumeru on my own list, I could totally get behind a Tarfful resculpt.

As for the Clone Commanders?  Softgoods kamas and super articulation combined with removable helmets would be pretty nice.  But they're lower on my priority list.  Ultimately, I'd rather get some never before made characters, or some of the varying looks for Palpatine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2012, 05:04 PM »
As for the Clone Commanders?  Softgoods kamas and super articulation combined with removable helmets would be pretty nice.  But they're lower on my priority list.  Ultimately, I'd rather get some never before made characters, or some of the varying looks for Palpatine.

I with you there, Cantina Patrons and Jabba goons that have never been made or resculpts are the highest on my list. Clones/Commanders redo's are side dishes.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33 PM »
ROTS still going on (hurry up folks, vote) and ANH posted...

ANH is trickier for me, but I think there's a vast depth of figures (new and resculpts) left here.

I think Removable Arm 3PO could be redone, chromed Death Star/Sand Crawler Droid, Antilles resculpt, various Imp Officers from Briefing could be redone, Bast with more articulation and a hat, Imperial Security Bureau (black pants light grey/white top, black kepi hat), Yavin Communications officer (has a unique uniform actually, look at it.  He's wearing a collared shirt like a RFT but it's light grey like the technicians), various pilots including a generic blue emblem one, some droids I feel sure, the Death Squad Commander and Blue Gonk, Cantina Aliens, Human Goons and Cantina patrons, redone Cantina band...

And am I the only one who would be interested in what an absolutely ultimate super duper ANH Han Solo could look like?  Total ground-up resculpt?

Light-up eyes Jawas?

I'm into what could happen with the ANH lists.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2012: A New Hope
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 04:04 PM »
I don't know when it was retconed but Solomahal is no longer one of the Lutrillians in ANH. He's the one in the Holiday Special. The two in ANH are Ownellco and Atheloe.

#10 The Yavin Base Rebel Guy in the headset who had a few lines (Hey, I tried to find his name...)
Del Goren
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:23 PM by SnTrooper »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Seriously, they need to stop ret-conning everyone's names.   ::)

I am voting for Baniss Keeg and Solomahal, not "Chachi De Maal" and "Atheloe". 

Stupid LFL ret-cons.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:40 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Seconded...  buncha jerkoffs over there changing stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Does Joani love Chachi De Maal?  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 11:00 PM »
Dunno about Joanie, but Jeffy and Jesse don't.  >:(

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 11:59 AM »
This is actually one that I like. Before, they were saying that Solomahal was both a HS and ANH character. But they look nothing alike. So they should be different characters. And since Solomahal is more widely shown as the HS character (the images above for example) keeping him as that one and giving the ANH one a new name was the right thing to do.

Unlike what happened with Zutton. He was in the same situation, both HS and ANH characters that looked nothing alike. But they went and gave the HS character a new name (Rachalt Hyst) despite almost all images and merchandize of Zutton being the HS character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Did anyoen vote Snaggletooth? 

I'm so glad he's getting redone...  Maybe my fav Cantina dude?  Always thought he looked like a cat sort of.  Now...  blue redone?  I hope.  that half-assed one using the Holiday Special Snags looks like poop.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 02:14 PM »
My appreciation for him grew after seeing the Richard Pryor Star Wars Bar skit from 30+ years ago.

Though I like the Kenner look more than Zutton or Takeel.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Nice to see a view votes for Heater in the A new hope wishlist  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 4, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Preview night at SDCC is just a week away, and I noticed that we're still in the ANH poll.  Am I correct in guessing that the wishlist results are going to be presented to Hasbro at Celebration 6?

Also, now that Pops is officially on the way, I think I have to figure out what figure campaign to get behind.  Right now, I'm leaning towards Ven Zallow, from the "Deceived" trailer for STAR WARS - THE OLD REPUBLIC.  Darth Malgus seems to have captured people's attention for the time being.  So why not the Jedi that he dueled in the trailer that really brought him to light?

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: July 4, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Am I correct in guessing that the wishlist results are going to be presented to Hasbro at Celebration 6?

From the front page posts - "Results will again be hand delivered to Hasbro at C6, so let the fun continue!"

We decided to wait for C6 in case anything is revealed at SDCC, the lists can be updated for at least that...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender