Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion  (Read 46545 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 08:11 AM »
They could literally do a whole wave of different Padme costumes.

And they'd sit on store pegs for years.  ;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Hasbro should just have a 'battle' pack of AotC Padmes.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05 AM »
Some geek did a story once a long time ago about Missing Padme's

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4103.0

Here is still what is left from said report:

Senator Padme

Minutes after almost being assinated, Padme appears in the Senate to the shock of many who though she was dead.  She also wears this gown to Palpatine's office in the next scene accompanied by the Jedi and various Senators.  I'll state right off that with Hasbro focusing on the OTC and the fact that only a couple of Episode I Padme's have been rumored, Episode II Padme figures all seem like long shots for the time being.

Packing For Home Padme

The Chancellor feels that Padme would be safer on Naboo and it is up to Young Padawan Skywalker to be her protector.  She is none too happy about this and is seen hurrying about her apartment in this gown.  This one is a real long shot, as the scene is not that exciting.

Naboo Retreat Padme

Anakin and Padme hide on Naboo in the Lake Country.  Alone...what do two young people without supervision on some backwater planet in a breathtaking vista do?  They fall in love!  This is one of my personal favorite gowns worn by Padme, lets hope it gets made soon.

Padme Picnic Gown

Padme and Anakin have a nice little picnic in the hills of Naboo amoung the Waterfalls and pus filled herbivores. In a scene straight out of the Sound of Music, Padme runs through the tall grass in this beautiful dress.  Another one I hope they make.

Nightdress Padme

Who knew that we would see someone's Pajamas not once but twice in this movie.  Padme wears her Nightdress on Coruscant and back on Naboo where she learns that Anakin senses that his Mother is in grave danger.  A two for one shot type of figure (much like the Tatooine Padme) it could happen but women figures in their PJ's probably doesn't make for a good toy.

Tatooine (II) Padme

With Anakin away searching for the Tuskens who kidnapped his mother, Padme puts on this comfy dress and settles in with the Lars family.  She then consoles Anakin in the Lars Garage with some Blue Milk and Cookies.  One of the neater dresses from AOTC, since they have done one Tatooine Padme in recent months, I doubt we'll see another for some time.

Cut Scene Padme

One scene that was cut from AOTC and later appeared on the DVD was Padme and Ani meeting Padme's family on Naboo.  This would be an EU figure but its close enough that we'll list it here!  One in a million chance this one would ever happen

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Quite true!  I certainly wasn't stumping for something like this, LOL!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I meant the 2005 Pablo Jill not Coleman. My bad for forgetting the forgettable background Jedi. The only Padme that mildly interests me is the Picnic one. I rather the update the Geo Battle or retool the torso of the evo one to look more aesthetically pleasing.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 10:42 AM »
ANd I keep forgetting the just made Coleman Trebor...I'm an idiot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 02:29 PM »
I am so sick of Padme. :) 

Seriously, there's something about her figures that's compelling to own them, but at the same time they sting to plunk down the kind of money you have to for them when they're almost always a salt shaker.

Padme in her nightgown from ROTS is a crap figure though.  That one needs redone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53 PM »
AOTC was a tough list to come up with 10, not really feeling many figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Same here.  I used the same list as last year, but there just isn't much left that is all that interesting to me.  I mean, I'd take pretty much any of the figures people mention on their lists - but the AOTC wave from TVC really covered much of my want list.  I'd like to see a new Boba, and more Padmes are always welcome (as well as Cliegg), but outside of that I think we're set pretty well.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18 PM »
I changed my AOTC list a little from last year.  Apparently nobody but me wanted the giant flying droid from the Geonosian factory.  As for Padme?  She's certainly got her fans here, but I can't really get on board to the same degree.  I can only abide putting a single Padme on my own wish list, and I chose a Senate version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48 PM »
I've never quite understood the passion for Jocasta Nu, but is she actually a Jedi?  I have a Jedi collection display, so I'd add her to the list, only because she fits into that display.

Pardon the stupid question.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43 AM »
For me, Jocasta Nu deserves a figure because she's a character with dialogue.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I like to stick with new figures and Cliegg and Picnic and Lakeside Padme are musts for me. I'd be in for some new Jedi as well. I do think there are a lot of figures that need revisited, too, like Lil Fett, Clone Trainees, Lama Su and Taun We, some of the Separatists, etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I've never quite understood the passion for Jocasta Nu, but is she actually a Jedi?  I have a Jedi collection display, so I'd add her to the list, only because she fits into that display.

Pardon the stupid question.

Yeah, she's the Jedi that helps Obi-Wan in the library (thus she's the librarian) find his lost planet in the archives.

Then Obi-Wan goes to Yoda about the missing planet, a kid says someone deleted it, and somehow that's supposed to be awe-inspiring. I found it funny at the time that Jocasta Nu didn't just say it was possible when clearly it was.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 07:50 AM »
I found it funny at the time that Jocasta Nu didn't just say it was possible when clearly it was.

I just think that goes with Yoda's say that the Jedi are often arrogant, and Nu confirms this by saying the Jedi archives are complete, etc.