Author Topic: Toy Fair 2012  (Read 29538 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2012
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19 AM »
I'm not making Toy Fair this year, P-Siddy is gonna do some coverage for us if he gets back in town.

1pm is all of Hasbro.  In years past they would do a whole PowerPoint of all the "Geek site" favorite items  like Marvel, TF, GI Joe, Star Wars.  I assume that is the process again this year. 

A few years back they even had some "secret" stuff that we weren't allowed to photograph.

What I am looking forward to is seeing the Death Star Trooper carded and maybe more photos of Hoth Luke.

On the Non Star Wars front, I want to see some GI Joe Retaliation stuff.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I'm back in the country. I'll definitely try to get some Joe stuff being it's a movie year. Though I think we've already seen some photos released that have been discouraging regarding the Retaliation stuff and lack of articulation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Courtesy of Imperial Holocron's Twitter...

Yeah, I could totally see Hasbro starting to cut down who can/cannot attend the show at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 02:08 PM »
First AMP'D image

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=14050

Vader's fighter gets pimped out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Star Wars is up in the presentation! :)  We've been allowed to use efranks twitter account @ImpHolocron from his site www.ImperialHolocron.com for the information, so by all means FOLLOW Eric (@ImpHolocron) on Twitter if you're on!  :)  While you're there, follow me also (@Jesse_James77 & @JediDefender).

You'll be glad you did!

Going through the motions right now it seems at the presentation...

-MTT's bay opens and closes on its own (that's neat).

-Holds 16 Droids in rack...  4 Articulated and comes with Obi-Wan as well.

-Wave 6 Vinty...  Tarkin, Oddball

-SDCC Jar Jar in Carbonite Block...  Seriously?  Easy pass.

-SDCC Carbonite Chamber Packaging, 6 figures, 1 from each film, Jar Jar, Clone Lt., Shocktrooper, Sandtrooper, Bespin Leia, Vader.  Jar Jar in Carbonite is EXCLUSIVE TO THIS SET.  Again, still an easy pass.  Regular Jar Jar fits into block.

Sorry for any confusion! :)

-Fan's Choice!  Mara Jade Skywalker (Let out a sigh of relief it ain't f'n Jocasta Nu everyone!)

(I'm assuming this meant being shown at SDCC, not exclusives)

-AMP'D line will have varying price points...  Interchangeable parts, blah blah blah.

And that is it folks...

Moving onto Marvel.  Yes, seriously, that is absolutely it.   :o 

Follow eFranks @ImpHolocron on Twitter and thanks for passing this onto us!  Very cool.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:24 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 03:05 PM »
Curious how long the SW presentation lasted in minutes compared to GI JOE and Transformers, which seemed to go on forever.

Not surprisingly, pretty lackluster.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 03:09 PM »
-6 figures in SDCC (1 from each film):  Bespin Leia, Vader, Shocktrooper, Clone Lt., Sandtrooper, Jar Jar

(I'm assuming this meant being shown at SDCC, not exclusives)

No, I think it's like the 2011 SDCC Death Star Set.  This one (2012) has six figures (one from each movie) on special cards with a special "carbonite freeze chamber" box.  Then the six carded figures will hit retail (minus the freeze chamber box), just like they did with the SDCC Revenge stuff last year...

I see GH tweeted a pic of the card art for the set...  Slide says:
"Recreation of a "Lost" Line Look from the Kenner Vault! 
Carbonite Freezing Chamber Package
6 highly articulated single carded 3 3/4" figures, one from each film
plus a new exclusive figure"

Sounds like possibly a "JarJar Carbonite Block" will potentially only be available in the SDCC set (like Salacious and Mouse Droid in the 2011 set were).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:17 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 03:16 PM »
TNI is also reporting:

- Wave 7 Ahsoka, Obi-Wan (Clone Wars Gear) and Lumat, Nien Nunb, Weequay and Emperor's Royal Guard (Both training and movie accurate).

- SDCC will have a lost line look on the packaging. A version Lucas almost used for the Kenner line. Carbonite Freezing Chamber package that will have 6 figures (1 from each movie) plus a new exclusive figure. The figures will be sold on single cards at retail afterwards like was done with the Revenge cards this past year. The Carbonite package will only be available at comic con.

- Wave 8 Vintage - E1 Jar Jar Binks with soft good, E2 Clone Trooper Lt, Clone Trooper Ep3, Ep4 Sandtrooper, Ep 5Bespin Princess Leia, Ep6 Darth Vader (Electrocuted), Ep6 Orrimarrko (Prune Face), Republic Trooper (TOR).
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Great news. I didn't think there were enough packaging variation exclusives and Vader figures in the line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Some of these figure selections are going to make it tough buying a case of them just to get the two figures you REALLY want.   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 05:06 PM »
WTF...first pics I've seen are up over at Banthaskull

Tarkin is Green?

http://www.banthaskull.com/index.php/expand/toy_fair_2012_showroom_pics/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Hoth Luke's colors seem off too...  I think I can give them some leeway till I see a production figure.

Tarkin's got a more olive than grey uniform on, that's true.  I'm not sure it's that green though. 

The Republic trooper appears to NOT be the main guy in the opening sequence.  At least he looks different to me in the face.

I'm pleased by some of it, but Hoth Luke's lack of a removable hat blows all kinds of chunks.  Is Nien Numb missing a removable hat too?  Ugh.  Talk about steps backwards.  Can't tell too many details by some of the pictures.

Sandtrooper has a new Stormtrooper blaster with an actual foldable stock. T he closest to ever acheive that was Marauder Inc., but I guess Hasbro took notice and is giving it a whirl.  Looks like it may look bulky but I'm ok with it.  I'll nab a couple of him now just to get extras of the blaster.

Some of the pics are just really hard to make out details because of flash and stuff.  Like the realistic CW characters and hope they continue.  Would've preferred younger Ahsoka though I think.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 05:19 PM »
It just looks way way off

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Tarkin's uniform has been "on tour" as it were...  I cannot recall now if I've seen it or not.

I'm sure that's too green, but I know it's green and not grey.  It's darker than say Piett or Veers' uniforms, and Bast as well I believe.  But it's not that green for sure.  I'll be curious to see if Hasbro fixes this.  Someone should bring that to their attention at the show, but I doubt it happens. :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Tarkin's facial sculpt stinks.  :(