Author Topic: Jumbo Gamorrean Guard  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Jumbo Gamorrean Guard
« on: February 10, 2012, 09:35 PM »
I guess they are skipping ESB altogether...weird

2012 Premier Guild Gift

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:39 PM by Scott »

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Jumbo Gamorrean Guard
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Ok, so how do I buy a Premier Guild Membership? I'm on the GG site, and they show the figure, as well as several other "gift" items you can choose from when buying the membership, and also items that you can buy once you get the membership.  But I cannot find how to buy the actual membership. 

Is it not active yet? The membership, once purchased, is valid for the 2012 calendar year, jan 1 through dec 31,so I'd think that you would be able to purchase the membership right now.  But I cannot find where on the site to do it.  Help? 
« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 09:04 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2012, 09:21 AM »
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/category_s/12.htm

What happens is:

Buy a membership (The add to cart button is right below the pics)
They confirm your membership
About a day later they will send you a confirmation e-mail and a code that you can use to buy one of the exclusives
You can also then buy any of the other exclusives at $70 ea

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Thanks.  I guess I was missing the button that was to the right of that blue/purple "guild" shield picture, which is where you buy the membership itself. 

I'd have thought they would allow you to select the "gift item" at the time you buy the membership, so thanks for that addition info on the confirmation email/code that comes later.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 11:47 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Well, I placed my order and instantly received an order confirmation email, then 5 days later received an email that said "your order has shipped". Of course, nothing was shipped since I bought only a membership and no actual product, and that's fine.  But there was no redemption code for the "gift" item (12: GamGuard).

Should the redemption code have been in that first or second email, or is there another email coming that contains the code?
« Last Edit: March 7, 2012, 08:26 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 9, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Looks like I'm talking to myself here, but I called Gentle Giant directly, and they stated I should have received another email, but I didn't.  So they sent one to me immediately that contained the  link to preorder the 12in Guard and one-time coupon code that offsets the $70 price to make it $0.  Although there is still a separate charge for shipping.

So, if you don't get the email with the codes, just call them up and they'll send it to you.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 08:32 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Yeah sorry...didn't see you had posted again.  From what I heard, they only have one person doing all of the order taking and confirmations.  Good to hear it worked out!

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2012, 04:49 PM »
No problem.  I wasn't really upset with that "talking to myself" comment, but just felt a little strange replying to my own posts.  In retrospect, I suppose I could have just edited my last post isntead of adding a new one.

I'm just glad to finally get the 12in GGuard ordered.  I've got all these so far, and they all look really good together.  And as long as the card/bubble arrives w/o damage, I'm good.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01 PM »
For Premier Guild members, GGuard will now be on a "Power of the Force" card, with 3inch replica coin.  Kinda neat, but I don't really want two carded versions, and all my other ones are on the regular cards.  GGuard on a ROTJ card will now be a general release instead.

So my thoughts are that I ordered the ROTJ card version, and I don't really want my preorder "upgraded" to this POTF version.  Does anyone else feel like it's presumptuous on GentleGiant's part to assume we all want this newer version instead?  We should have the option of the upgrade, but it shouldn't be automatic.

I guess I now have to cancel this preorder, then wait for the general release on the ROTJ card.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:11 PM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06 AM »
I would much rather have the POTF coin card - that is cool.  This is automatic, meaning we don't have to do anything to get the POTF version if we already ordered?  That is sweet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00 AM »
The regular carded version went up for preorder yesterday.  Here's a comparison of the two cards.  I gotta say, the non-coin card matches all the other ones a lot better.  I'll get both of them, but may end up not keeping the coin one.  Although, how big is that coin by itself?  A super large coin like that is pretty cool in its own right.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:00 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30 AM »
The coin is 3" in diameter

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:31 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 10:22 AM »
That coin is awesome.  What a cool freebie surprise!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Coins like that, on their own, would make really cool coasters if you wanted an ultimate nerd domain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Coins like that, on their own, would make really cool coasters if you wanted an ultimate nerd domain.

That's not a bad idea.  I'm opening all of my jumbos, so hopefully they will do more of these POTF versions!