Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79233 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2012, 12:42 PM »
I think at $12.99 each but with free ship and no tax, Amazon might be the cheapest online site for these.

Retail stores complain about Amazon having an unfair advantage but if retail actually bothered to restock their figures once in a while they would make the sale instead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2012, 12:58 PM »
I think at $12.99 each but with free ship and no tax, Amazon might be the cheapest online site for these.

Close, but not quite - two cases from EE cost me $288.58 - that's 24 figures which means they are $12.02 each shipped.

And with the BBTS cases being $10 less, I'm sure their price per figure is less than that....

Don't get me wrong though - Amazon is a great alternative for getting the army builder figures you want above and beyond your case sets...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2012, 01:03 PM »
But Amazon isn't reliable for carded collectors. For everyone that got their order in pristine, unpunched condition, someone else got a padded envelope with a bunch of stuff crushed.

I can't take that chance for that price. I have to see what I am buying.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2012, 01:17 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty psyched for Prune Face.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00 PM »
That was awesome. Thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2012, 03:00 PM »
But Amazon isn't reliable for carded collectors. For everyone that got their order in pristine, unpunched condition, someone else got a padded envelope with a bunch of stuff crushed.

I can't take that chance for that price. I have to see what I am buying.

I seem to recall the crushed stuff mailed in envelopes being from a UK seller and not Amazon itself. I ordered three figures from Amazon just a few weeks ago, and they were unpunched and packed well in a box.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2012, 04:28 PM »
I've had 3 varying shippings from Amazon (it said from a warehouse).  One single figure was ship in a triangular box and was fine.  Three figures were shipped in a regular box with some bubble packing, but the figures were still a little loose in there and had a bit of dog-earring on the bottom (no biggie to me since I'm an opener) and then a single figure in a bubble-mailer.  The bubble on the figure was mashed some, but then again, I'm an opener.  All figures from the three orders were unpunched.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I can't say I've ever had bad luck with Amazon's shipping...  I can't recall how HTS has been every time I ordered there either really, but I can't say I had really bad luck there that I can recall.

I think maybe it was TRU slapped a sticker on the figure itself and put it in a box?  I know that happened at some point.

It helps that I open stuff and I'm not picky, but sometimes I do like to keep the packaging to certain stuff and other than someone sending me stuff with shipping stickers on it, I can't recall truly bad experiences.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2012, 04:44 PM »
I like the ability to cherry pick the figures I want from Amazon. I don't want an entire case were four or five are duplicates and I definately don't need them as soon as they are released. If I miss one it's no big deal, I'll pick it up some other day for less. I won't go for anything over $12.99. There is something to say for picking the ones that you want and leave the others for when they go down in price. Besides, I don't care if the cards are smashed since I'm an opener. Using this strategy, I come out ahead over the EE or BBTS price.

I guess I just don't care that I get them all anymore. I buy unique only now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:52 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Amazon's shipping sucks! Ordered moff tarkin and gamorrean guard they packed, one face up and the other face down on top. They had a rubber band around them and to top it off they also had a layer of plastic wrap to seal them together. The items were shipped in the standard cardboard box, but after all of the unwrapping, moff was bent up and out of shape. I called and complained, they sent a replacement in a yellow mailer which was worse than the moff sent in the box. BE CAREFUL

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2012, 05:23 PM »
This is why I rely on Amazon solely for army builders or openers.

I don't care what kind of shape they arrive in. (unless the figure is broken of course)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Yeah, I've always been an opener, but I feel for you guys that keep them carded...that can't be easy. Especially since you can't inspect before you buy.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00 AM »
I'd ordered the Nikto wave off of Amazon and yeah, they were pretty banged up. Fortunately I'm an opener so the cards were just goin in the garbage anyway, but I can definitely see how that might bother some people.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2012, 07:10 PM »
With all of this clamoring for the Royal Guards, I have to hope that Hasbro might be looking to carry them forward into the Droid Factory line.  This is a repack I wouldn't mind in the least, and would probably be welcomed by a lot of collectors.  Especially if Wave 17 is only available online.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07 PM »
That certainly would be welcomed by most collectors but then you would still have that bunch who would cry that the Royal Guard wasn't re-released on a vintage card.  Boo hoo.   :'(
Binders full of astromechs...