Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79238 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #240 on: November 7, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Nice, Smash!  I've received half of my 6.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 7, 2012, 09:46 PM »
All three of my Amazon orders were delivered, for a total of 7 Royal Guards and 7 Republic Troopers. Amazon certainly made army building the last wave easy... I would gladly pay $13 per figure going forward if I could be guaranteed the quantities I desire delivered right to my doorstep.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 7, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Just got notification that my other two orders are shipped!  So my group of badass guards will soon be ready!  ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 7, 2012, 11:48 PM »
My two Royales with Cheese Royal Guards arrived today. warped carded, some bubble dents. SMILE ON THE BOX MY $@%, AMAZON! Annoying because I was possibly gonna sell/trade one someday....maybe. Or not.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 8, 2012, 05:42 AM »
Got my two Guards today from Amazon, giving me four total after my EE case. Opened one of them, great figure, although the Force Pike was bent to hell ala some accessory from Saga 2002. Cheap plastic accessories are indeed back.

SERIOUSLY have to resist the urge to buy more Guards and Republic Troopers from Amazon
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 8, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Just got my 6 ERG's + 3 Nien Numb's from amazon today. Got an order for two more guards on the way.
Too bad this is the last of the Vintage Collection for now.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #246 on: November 8, 2012, 06:22 PM »
This really is an amazing assortment. I have them all standing on my desk, and I can't stop looking at them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 8, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Got the two Royal Guards and two Republic Troopers that I ordered from Amazon today.

So now I'm officially done with this wave.

I decided I'm just gonna open the extras of the Gungan Warrior and Naboo Pilot that came in the cases. I'm also gonna open two each of Aurra Sing and Mawhonic - put one of each of them in my Jabba shelves and in my Cantina diorama - figured what the heck - there's going to be so many "extras" of those on the market, there's gonna be zero value in them for sale or trade.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 8, 2012, 10:33 PM »
This really is an amazing assortment. I have them all standing on my desk, and I can't stop looking at them.

Me too, with emphasis on Prune Face.  They really nailed him. 

"When the face is a prune, then action goes BOOM!"
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 9, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Yeah, Pruneface is just plain awesome as hell, with a capital 'A'...and to think, he was only there to fix the copier.  ;D

Nien Nunb
I actually really like the fact that Nien Nunb is so short. I was always under the impression he wasn't the tallest guy, so it was great to see him at a non-standard size. It's a bit of a bummer about his lip not being painted, but I'll get to that eventually. He doesn't seem to hold either gun very well, but really, does he need them? All he needs to do is keep Lando company in the cockpit...and act all shocked and appalled...

Weequay
I've always been a big fan of him, even as a kid, so this was a great figure to finally see resculpted. I always thought he was one of a bunch of identically dressed guards, but he's actually just one guy: Queequeg. I guess the reason I thought he was an army builder is because I had two of him as a kid in the vintage line.

Oh well, Queequeg looks awesome, even with the leg articulation being the wrong color. I wish his vibroaxe was painted (like Lando's), but he's still a great figure, and I'm glad to have him finally not standing in an action pose all day. Now we just need this guy to finish the Weequay contingent!

Lumat
I don't think he'll ever hold that bow and arrow convincingly, but really, did the Ewoks ever? They kind of went through the motions. When my character in Skyrim kills someone with a bow and arrow, it looks and feels like a deadly weapon. The Ewok bow looks like the thing you make when you're five years old. But he looks awesome with it slung over his shoulder, with the arrows in the quiver. And overall, he's a great looking Ewok with a load of detail in the face, and decent paint apps. Can't ask for much more than that, though at his small size, I wish Hasbro would include some sort of set piece with him, like a drum or some bowls or something.

Hasbro has been great to us on the Ewok front lately...probably because it takes less material to make them, yet they sell for the same price. Sometimes I feel like such a toy whore. Whatever, just give me Mookie and I'll be happy.

Royal Guard
The one problem I have with this guy is his inability to hold his pike correctly. Sure, he can easily wave it around like he's berating an unruly class, but there's no chance of him holding it at attention unless you turn his wrist unnaturally, or balance it on his upturned hand. Since displaying the RG with his wrist mangled doesn't appeal to me, I've chosen the latter.

Other than that, it's really a slam-dunk figure with a load of accessories. I've ordered enough to make my squad of six, but now I feel like I want a seventh to be the Kir Kanos figure...and I don't even care about Crimson Empire (Hell, I've never even read it). That's how good this figure is...it makes me care about an EU story I've never read.

While not accurate to the accepted under-the-robes appearance of the Royal Guards, I kind of wish we could have gotten them with the vader-esque detailing we see on the vintage figure's legs. When I was a kid I always thought they were supposed to be one step below Vader (strange, considering I was basing that mostly on their pants).
« Last Edit: November 9, 2012, 12:49 PM by LandotheScoundrel »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 9, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Royal Guard
The one problem I have with this guy is his inability to hold his pike correctly. Sure, he can easily wave it around like he's berating an unruly class, but there's no chance of him holding it at attention unless you turn his wrist unnaturally, or balance it on his upturned hand. Since displaying the RG with his wrist mangled doesn't appeal to me, I've chosen the latter.

perhaps you can clear band it to his arm to have it appear as if he is holding correctly?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 9, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Ah good idea...I might have to try that.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 9, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Gotta love the articulation on Lumat...
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 9, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I got the last of my orders from Amazon today.  I ended up getting a case through EE and then ordering the extras from Amazon.  I haven't gotten a chance to open everything yet, but at first glance it just looks like a fantastic wave.  A couple I did get first and opened are the CW Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.  I know the CW animated line has its fans (and I'm one as well), but I'm really loving these realistic styled versions so far.  The Anakin, Obi, and Ahsoka are all pretty great and I'm glad it sounds like we'll be getting more going forward.  Although some of their animated counterparts fit in reasonably well, I sure wouldn't mind seeing characters like Cad Bane, Hondo, Savage, etc. get new versions going forward.  Also got to open Nien Nunb and Weequay, which are both great too.  Got my Royal Guards, Lumat, and Prune Face openers today, so looking forward to checking those out too.  Sad to see the Vintage line go (for now), but a nice way to end it.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2012, 12:53 PM »
for kicks I took a pic of Mawhonic's UPC on my smart phone and scanned it at Target.  Guess what?  It works....    ;)