Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79256 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Pfffew! I was tempted to order a few more Royal Guards and Republic Troopers from amazon but they're both down to scalpers selling them for $25 a pop now. No thanks! If I ever get the hankering for more Guards, I'll probably track down some ROTS guards since their price is going down according to Jesse.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I keep thinking about ordering a 2nd Ahsoka...  *sigh*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26 AM »
I've been slowly, but surely, opening my case...  one at a time, methodical, like a sort of action figure serial killer.

I've been quasi-reviewing them on Twitter...  4-6 posts, quick little blurbs.

I have to say, so far, Orrimarko is getting high marks from me.  Dressel_Rebel would be proud!

The rifle...  You should see how Hasbro went detail on that rifle.  Everyone just assumed it was some WW2 rifle thrown into his hands, but either they saw a prop more up close, or they went their own direction with it, but either way they delivered a rifle that is all kinds of awesome and has a good working sling.

It's definitely, to me, not as EU likes to claim...  It's a blaster.  I'll always say it is simply a wood stocked blaster rifle because why would the Dressellian Militia have slug weapons?  Lame idea.  They've got badass rifles IMO and Hasbro made the new one's accessory a bit more sci fi looking, without going overboard at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01 PM »
I ordered another Ahsoka and Obi.  I realized my Ahsoka has 2 left feet I think and Obi I figured I'd get for free shipping.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #259 on: November 22, 2012, 10:10 PM »
AAAAAHHHH!  Boy did I screw up!  I ordered this whole wave off amazon months ago.  I've been really busy lately, and had seem that these were shipping.  I went to Amazon to check my order, and my order had been cancelled.  It seems that I had the account hooked up to an older credit card that expired, and I missed the e-mails notifying me of this because they go to my old AOL account!  Yikes!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: November 22, 2012, 11:06 PM »
I'd check around some of the etailers for cases.  You might nab one.

The individuals keep popping up on Amazon too, but the two harder to find ones obviously either go fast, or aren't there at all even.  I got Ahsoka and Obi the other day though and they'd both shown as out of stock just a day or two before.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12 AM »
AAAAAHHHH!  Boy did I screw up!  I ordered this whole wave off amazon months ago.  I've been really busy lately, and had seem that these were shipping.  I went to Amazon to check my order, and my order had been cancelled.  It seems that I had the account hooked up to an older credit card that expired, and I missed the e-mails notifying me of this because they go to my old AOL account!  Yikes!

I actually ended up with an extra case.  Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2012, 09:49 PM »
It appears this wave will actually be making it to retail in Canada -- it was found at a Walmart on Canadian cardbacks.

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20477.msg204878#msg204878

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:51 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2012, 11:28 AM »
jedijman...sent a PM
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58 PM »
I'm seeing prices drop on the ROTS guard and couldn't be happier.  I honestly like him fine and plan on picking up some when I see them for anything $5 or less.

So yes, it's true, as I picked up a pair for $8 this past weekend, and honestly, I think the ROTS can go "toe to toe" with the recent VC version. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2012, 11:13 PM »
After seeing both I'm not any more displeased with the ROTS figure than  already was...  It's a fine figure, and I'm sure I'll buy more if I see them and the $'s there.  The new one's great, don't get me wrong.  Even the pistol is new (the biker scout pistol).  It's a nice figure, and I love remobable brain buckets, but that ROTS figure's biggest flaw to me was its softgoods, and IMO this new one's no better, and neither bother me.

New one's cooler by a nose, and will cost ya...  2005 one's fine and hasn't been high in cost really and should go down...  2002 and POTF2 sucked and are practically given away.  I'll stick with 2005's for a sizable army of them.  Even if the new one became widely available, the 2005 figure would still be high on my list due to cost.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59 PM »
I agree that the soft goods on both the ROTS version and the VC version suck.  That's THE major flaw with the VC version, IMO, which prevents it from being a definitive version.  That is why I thought to myself, why even bother amassing an army of the VC version if it isn't that much more superior to the ROTS version.  And like you said, the VC version is a pretty penny. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I agree that the soft goods on both the ROTS version and the VC version suck.  That's THE major flaw with the VC version, IMO, which prevents it from being a definitive version.  That is why I thought to myself, why even bother amassing an army of the VC version if it isn't that much more superior to the ROTS version.  And like you said, the VC version is a pretty penny.

They need to use a heavier, looser cloth that will fall... the other major flaw I think is not being able to properly hold the staff on the shoulder.  It's the only way these guys existed in the movies.  In a way, I still prefer the POTF Guard just for that reason.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:44 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30 PM »
I know that's a complaint but I don't understand what folks mean on it I guess.  I have mine (ROTS and VC) holding their staff in a pose which I consider good...  They hold the bottom and it rests against the shoulder.  Looks alright to me.  :-\

I agree on the fabric.  A loose almost silky knit material would work, ala Graxol Kelvyn (the big assed podracer fan from the one 3-pack during TPM's release...  HUGE figure).

His cloth is a perfect material for the robes.

I felt that the TPM VC figure, which was dumped at Five Below last year, was also a good fabric choice.  he had a light blue inner-robe like the material described above, but he had a heavier dark blue robe outside that his arms came out of perfectly, and it had a nice texture.  It's heavy, so it doesn't pose real well (the fabric), but I got all my TPM guards to look good standing at attention.