Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)  (Read 39400 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:01 PM »
VC108 Jar Jar Binks
VC109 Clone Lieutenant (Blue)
VC110 Episode III Shock Trooper
VC111 Princess Leia Bespin Gown
VC112 Sandtrooper (Orange Pauldron)
VC115 Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:53 PM by Jeff »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 17
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Leia looks awesome. I wish I would have looked at Emperor's Wrath more (it comes with the audio clip of his saying "Noooo. Noooooooo!" just to piss off the fanboys. J/K). Damn... too busy taking pictures.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Sweet! A wave with Sandtrooper, a Clone Lieutenant and a Shocktrooper! Hasbro's definitely not completely overestimating the popularity of clones again.

That Bespin Leia looks great though, and Pruney is much needed. I'm also looking forward to replacing my EW Vader, and hell, even Jar Jar looks good.

I like the look of the Old Republic Trooper as well...I'd like to see more of that one.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Wow, cherry-picking this wave.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Dresselian!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:08 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Oh! I forget that the new Sandtrooper also has a new E-11 blaster with fold-out stand..

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Oh! I forget that the new Sandtrooper also has a new E-11 blaster with fold-out stand..

And did I see the little recon droid too?  In your pic, you can see it at his feet.

New gun, new orange pauldron, and the little recon droid?  That will get me to buy a couple more Sandtroopers for sure...  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Yeah, it comes with a sentry droid. I had taken a close-up of it but my camera was acting up and was all blurry.  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Cool wave...  If you get past the fact it's more Clones.  I like the Sandtrooper, but the Clones I'm just not as into.  I'll maybe get this wave in a case because army builders are army builders, but still this one is rough to take after a year of Clones and Sandtroopers being the peg rotters that they were.

I love the Republic Trooper, and will pick a few of him up to have a little squad.  Love the TOR figures in general.  That overly bulky armor is all kinds of fantastic.

Glad you finally got your Orrimarko resculpt DR. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I actually like every figure in this wave.  I will probably leave the Republic Trooper because I just don't care but it's a nice figure regardless.  Oddly enough I am probably most excited for the Bespin Gown Leia.  Jar-Jar turned out well.  I actually am happy to get the Shocktrooper and the Blue AOTC trooper.  I am a sucker for the orange pauldron Sandtroopers.  Prune Face looks great.  I think he'll look good with the other Dresslian they released in the Legacy line.  The Vader Wrath of is something different at least for Vader.  Good stuff in this wave alltogether IMO.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 12:01 PM »
VC108 Jar Jar Binks - turned out very well

VC109 Clone Lieutenant (Blue) - whatever

VC110 Episode III Shock Trooper - ditto

VC111 Princess Leia Bespin Gown - you know, she's nice, but I actually like the detail on the last one better.

VC112 Sandtrooper (Orange Pauldron) - sigh.

VC113 Repulbic Trooper The Old Republic - I kind of like him.

VC114 Prune Face - Cool.  Wow, it's like it's ROTJ's anniversary or something.

VC115 Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath - If he's based on the new ANH one, then cool, but not a figure I really wanted.  Again.  I would have preferred just a straight removable helmet Vader vintage card.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 01:17 PM »
I like how horribly painted the Republic Trooper Prototype is cmpared to Hasbro's official product image in our gallery...

It really didn't even look like the character it's based on.

I'm definitely army building him, just wish he had a different helmet packed in so he was a little more generic.  I think they didn't all have visors IIRC.  Still love him.  My fave of the wave I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Interesting case assortment. With 8 new figures I hope it sells through well. Lovin' the OT figures, but I'm not sure if the Leia would have been on my list for a redo yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Pretty nice wave.  Like some others, I don't get too excited about clones anymore, but they do at least look well done.  I'm not usually into the TOR stuff as much, since I know nothing about it, but that trooper looks pretty fantastic.  I never really thought much about wanting a new Bespin Leia, but this one looks pretty amazing and quite a bit nicer than the previous (OTC?) version - which was nice too.  Nice to get an updated Jar Jar here too, looks to be a little nicer than the upcoming Movie Heroes version.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 11:03 PM »
The Clones and Sandtrooper are definitely head scratchers.  Especially considering how other Clones & Sandtroopers in the TVC line have sold (or haven't sold).  I see these as an exercise in Hasbro trying to get some value out of new tooling, and little else.

As for the rest? 

The Bespin Leia is cool.  It's an improvement on the OTC Bespin Leia, which is now about 8 years old.  If I had my druthers, I would update the Bespin Escape Leia before this one.  Especially with the tie-in to the Carbon Freeze Chamber exclusive - Leia is in the Bespin Escape outfit for that scene!

A new Prunceface is a curiosity, but it fits an overall theme of revisiting a bunch of the characters that were some of the more notable late era POTF2 figures.

The Emporer's Wrath Vader actually looks kind of cool.  This is one instance where I think some electronics could really enhance the figure.

Jar Jar?  He looks okay, I suppose.  I'm surprised that there isn't more lingering hate for Jar Jar, but I think that's been redirected elsewhere given the overall reactions to the prequels.

As for the TOR Republic Trooper?  I think it looks pretty awesome.  Still, the character seems SO derivative of the PT Clones, and notably Commander Cody that you can't help but compare them.  Yet, this does breathe a little bit of new life into the figure line since the character choices are continually being diminished as Hasbro plows through them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:04 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback