Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)  (Read 39396 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)
« Reply #45 on: August 1, 2012, 09:27 PM »
well, I just threw the set of 6 on my newly started pile of loot.  I guess I have 15 days to cancel it but I wanted to order now since there was only 3 sets (now 2) of the $60 sets.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 17
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2012, 11:07 AM »
I'd say in every way it's vastly superior Lando...

The paint aps are wildly superior to the MH one, and the sculpt is also a good notch above.  The articulation almost is a non-issue since the MH one is probably "good enough" for many, but this one of course is a lot more heavily articulated.

I'd say, honestly, the paint aps and sculpt are where it's head and shoulders above MH though.  One looks like a toy, and one looks like a little replica.

I felt the same way, until yesterday when I received my order from BBTS.  I actually think the MH one looks a lot better and more like the movie character.  The only thing I like more about the TVC one is that it can sit on a Kaadu.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 17
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I actually think the MH one looks a lot better and more like the movie character.

I agree.  I think the vintage version looks like crap with an overall "dull" look that lacks detail.  While I absolutely despise Jar Jar and would never buy a figure of him, I did see it 1st hand and was completely underwhelmed.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Yep, for me the MH Jar Jar wins by a mile. The deco on the arms is all wrong for the TVC/LL version and the mismatched joints are a step backward too. And that double jointed neck  ::) I'm tempted to put the soft good skirt on the MH figure and call that the "ultimate" version.

TVC/LL = A for effort but C for execution.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2012, 06:31 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Despite being a mere repaint, the Sandtrooper figure from this wave really impressed me, and has become one of my favorite figures of the year. The new blaster with folding stock and sentry droid are nice touches, but the paint apps are where the figure really shines. The weathering is nearly perfect, and is varied enough on my three figures that they all look different. I can't wait to get a few of the black pauldron version next year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Poped all these open last night. Decent wave. Although the sandtrooper is mostly just a re-paint, with the new helmet it came out well. Almost makes up for the ball jointed hips which I still don't like. The Leia turned out really well. I wasn't so hot on it, but this is one of those cases where the final product is much better than the mock-ups.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 05:44 PM »
I thought it was decided the helmet isn't new, no?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 06:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure the helmet is old. It looks just like the sculpt from the first TVC Sandie.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Oh. Then I am horribly uninformed.

Yeah, yeah, what else is new?  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2012, 09:37 PM »
It was going around for a while that it was new, so don't feel bad Ant...  I didn't realize that was just a rumor till I reviewed the SDCC set.  I like the helmet though...  I felt that sculpt was pretty great really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48 PM »
Maybe it's just the paint job which I think is ultra sharp. What do our resident Stormtrooper experts think?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2012, 09:24 PM »
I managed to score most of this wave today.  Interestingly enough though, I didn't see a Vader on the pegs!  The rest of the wave was there, though.

Also, this was at WalMart.  The TVC carded figures scanned, but the Lost Line cards would not scan.  WTF?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Same thing for me at TRU. The vintage ones scanned fine, but the Lost Line Jar Jar I bought did not.

Still undecided on an opener of Leia, and I'm not sure I'll get the troopers. Still nice to be done with this wave already.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Isn't it kinda funny/sad that the flood gates may be opening on a wave riddled with Clones/Troopers a lot of people say they're not interested in?  And a Jar Jar figure?

It's a decent wave IMO but I like Clones still...  But as 2012 goes, it's probably less cool figures, especially the new ones.  Would you rather stumble on Wave 5 or 4, or wave 6?

Not that I've stumbled on much of any of them.  :-X

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 06:56 PM »
If I find a wave before the rest of the local guys, it usually means that wave will be easy to find. So here we go. I'm guessing because of the Sandtrooper, this wave will be a breeze to find.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk