Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)  (Read 39397 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)
« Reply #90 on: December 8, 2012, 11:41 PM »
What is sad (and lazy) on Hasbro's part is that the neck posts for Bespin Gown Leia and Hoth Leia are different sizes, so there goes that kit-bashed Bespin Escape figure unless they waste their tooling dollars by reworking the Bespin Leia head. Also, the Bespin Leia has cankles - funny how they can do right by other female figures but always seem to eff-up Leia's feet.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2012, 11:46 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 01:48 AM »
I wonder how fixable the neckpost issue really is.  I'd love to see standardization there but they've always said that's impossible.  No clue how true that is at this point since that's such a particular aspect of production.  Some toy lines I've been into, neckpegs were sort of standard but done differently (peg attached to the head). 

GI Joes were pretty standardized but the new ones are not I take it?  From what I've read of them anyway.

I didn't look at the new Bespin Leia's ankles as cankles really.  Maybe the comic version of her has me just easier on that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 11:19 AM »
I actually just did this and you can force the Bespin head on the Hoth Body...its the boots I am trying to figure out what to do something with

I also bought one to put on the semi awful Medical Frigate body which also does wonders for that figure

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Not much you can do with the boots Scott, as there's really no female/small framed figure with legs that would look right.  That'd be a sculpting job.  :(

I've always just figured "Hasbro will get to it" on stuff like that.

I still like the new Bespin one fine...  I saw the OTC one and really, I hate that figure.  I like the paint on the coat though.  That was slick.  Stuff like that I'm happy to retire.

OTC really is a line of greatness though.  POTC too.  That whole "background on the card" line was pretty outstanding.  Probably one of the more overlooked lines.  Not a everything was great (repaints sucked) but figures also cost 50% less then.  And I bought 2 DSG's and 2 AT-AT Drivers this weekend and they're grand.  I love that AT-AT Driver so much more than the one with the (albeit cool and unique) Clone head under the bucket.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 6, 2014, 11:28 PM »
I have the three figures of this toy wave from only the original trilogy (Sandtrooper, Leia, Darth Vader) and I will say Leia looks awesome.