Author Topic: The Hobbit -LEGO  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit -LEGO
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Man I wish there was a cheaper way to get Smaug.  Those sets just aren't appealing really. The five armies kinda sucks to be honest.

Agreed - I grabbed the new Lake Town set and the Witch King Battle set - and the only thing cool out of all of these sets IMHO was the Witch King and Galadriel (sp?) mini-figures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit -LEGO
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Yeah those are the only ones kind of tempting me, and the Laketown one is really just an expansion of Laketown somewhat...  Not sure I'd want it.  The figures are meh.

Some army building sets would've been appreciated, ala Star Wars.  Less mains, more randoms.  Needed that for LOTR too.  Elves, Rohirim, Orcs, Uruk Hai, Goblins, Gondorians (Rangers and soldiers), prologue soldiers (humans, elves, Orcs), Dwarf soldiers, Trolls (Battle), etc.  The army building sets are always the most interesting to me in Star Wars too I guess.  Maybe it's just me, I just feel they've neglected the secondary people a bit in the line, unlike Star Wars.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77