Author Topic: LOTR LEGO  (Read 50165 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
LOTR LEGO
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Lego LOTR and Hobbit

Totally Awesome

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:32 PM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Legos
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Wow, very cool news.  It really seems like LEGO has been on fire lately picking up a number of licensees (Marvel, DC, Potter, etc.) to go with what they were already doing.  I have to admit to getting more and more tempted by the LEGO line.  I've picked up a few of the SW sets and have dreams of getting the Falcon set eventually, and I'll definitely check out the Marvel stuff when it hits.  I'd never be a completist with any of it (don't have the money/space unless I sell everything else), but I can certainly see why some get all the way into it.  So cool that they'll be handling the LOTR-verse as well now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Lego LOTR and Hobbit

Totally Awesome

Damn right.  My guess is these will sell just a teensy bit better than the Prince of Persia ones did.

In addition to all the sets coming, you just know they'll be doing a video game too.  I love playing those games.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:37 PM »
I just saw this on Facebook and was coming to post.  Pretty sure some of these sets will make there way on to my sons birthday wish list

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:34 AM »
In addition to all the sets coming, you just know they'll be doing a video game too.  I love playing those games.

That was actually my first thought...can't wait for that

But my next thought is that between Marvel, SW, Harry Potter, DC and LOTR...I may be broke on Lego next year

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:45 AM »
Um, wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeZHJIgh4k&context=C333f533ADOEgsToPDskKRRjNBauup8Jm4JX-DcnEs

Oh my, am I ever getting roped into this stuff.  ::)  Lego sure knows what people want.  Cheap?  No, but always on sale it seems, and they just know what to do.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:59 AM »
Picked up a couple of the DCU sets at TRU ther other day.  Found the Superman/LL set and the Batman/Catwoman one.  I'll be giving them to my six year old for Christmas.  He'll be happy to finally have some Batman Lego sets to play with. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2012, 11:25 PM »
So I was watching The Two Towers tonight on Starz...

Oh my, the endless Lego possibilities with this franchise.

They already pictured a set of Uruk Hai, but I was just thinking how cool all the other things could possibly be...  What are you anxious to see Lego do?

Right off the top of my head, the top one I want to see...

The Balrog.  This could be insanely cool, especially if they go nuts with the size of it, but I really would love seeing what Lego can accomplish here.  Other biggies come to mind too, but what are the things you're most excited to see?

This line just has me drooling.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2012, 01:38 AM »
I want a 10,000 piece UCS Minas Tirith set. 

Okay, realistically, I want a really well done Bag End, Rivendell and a town set of Bree, including the Prancing Pony.  Isengard is must, but the MOC versions that are out there are so impressive Lego will have to step the game up.  Of course, if they do Isengard, they have to do Ents as well.

We'll need plenty of army building sets with Uruk-hai and the Ringwraiths with their mounts.  We'll need some Elf archers and plenty of men with swords...and horses.  Can't forget Rohan.

For the Hobbit we'll need a big Smaug set among others.  Honestly, I need to read the Hobbit again because I'm drawing a blank on what else would be cool to see from that movie.  But Bag End and Rivendell work here as well.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Smaug, Ents...  That type of stuff is a must.  Actually, besides the Balrog, Ents were my 2nd vote...  I want Ent figures, but I'd prefer them being all bricks with hinged limbs and stuff so they're a buildable figure basically.  Some customization/diversity could be had from that.

Smaug, I just saw someone did like a head of him laying on gold coins and bricks, and it's amazing looking.  Again, I could totally see Smaug done from just bricks, and be a kit unto himself.  Same with the Balrog.

I believe from what I recall of the early set pics, they are doing an Uruk Hai/Rohan army building set, and I saw a set from the Moria tomb with a Troll, Goblins and the Fellowship...

Don't recall a Gondor set, but who the hell isn't going to jump on a set of Gondorian Rangers?  Come on!

One set I recall as well was Weathertop, which looked like a pretty good wraith army builder set of sorts, with a good brick selection.

Oh... And a Sauron Figure from the prologue...  Oh yes.

From The Hobbit I'd want elf and human army builder sets for sure...  The armies don't show up till the end of course, but there's potential.  Some spiders would be dandy too.  There's great potential for basically all the books/films here.  Lego has a gold mine IMO.  There's a pretty loyal fanbase and Legos were just made for this and just never had the shot till now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:34 AM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Oh man am I gonna get sucked into LOTR Legos.  :'(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Oh man am I gonna get sucked into LOTR Legos.  :'(

You and me both - just seeing the Fellowship there has me psyched for these sets.  I've been re-watching the Extended Editions on Blu Ray the past week or so, so I've been in a LOTR mood lately.  Still curious what the new Hobbit toy line will be like, but if nothing else, we know the LEGOs will be quality.  It could really be a huge year for LEGO stuff, with Star Wars and now LOTR/Hobbit, Marvel, DC, etc.  Lots of neato stuff.