Author Topic: Here's Who Hasbro Missed!  (Read 13960 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Here's Who Hasbro Missed!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 01:30 PM »
With the series moving to the Disney Channel and Hasbro having to focus a ton of time and resources to developing EVII merch., I'm of the mind that Hasbro should license the 3-3/4" Clone Wars line to Disney for them to produce solely. Hasbro and Disney already have a relationship with the Star Tours and build-a-droid parts so why not?

Really?  Where was this confirmed?  Because the EW article that talked about the live action series just provided supposition about the future of the CLONE WARS series, and no real sourcing.

However, it seems like it's very likely to happen with the change in ownership of Star Wars.  But I imagine there's a contract with Cartoon Network that will have to be honored to it's conclusion.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:43 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:25 PM »
True, I was speaking under the assumption of CW moving to Disney XD.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:16 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:15 PM »
They already have Marvel Select figures that are exclusive to the Disney Stores. I wouldn't be surprised if SOMETHING Star Wars related were to come down the pike at some point. I was in a Disney Store at my local mall just yesterday looking at the Marvel/Avengers stuff (the Hulk, Black Widow and Thor figures are nice BTW) and thinking that it was only a matter of time before there was a dedicated Star Wars section.

I just think that the animated style line has run it's course and while I'd love to see Pong Krell at some point, I find it highly more likely that they'll make a Pong Krell with parts that could also double for an update of Dexter Jetster so they can get two figures out of one sculpting effort.

This was my argument back when they announced a separate style line in the first place - in the long run it would bite them in the ass that they weren't trying to get the most out of existing tooling to get the line going and then as the line progressed, being able to add to the "parts library" for piecing together other figures.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:18 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 05:31 PM »
I think if the show starts to pick up a bit on Disney that would work well perhaps, but I have a sneaking suspicion the shows hurting more this season than ever and that its life span on any network is short for this world at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25 AM »
I just think that the animated style line has run it's course and while I'd love to see Pong Krell at some point, I find it highly more likely that they'll make a Pong Krell with parts that could also double for an update of Dexter Jetster so they can get two figures out of one sculpting effort.

This was my argument back when they announced a separate style line in the first place - in the long run it would bite them in the ass that they weren't trying to get the most out of existing tooling to get the line going and then as the line progressed, being able to add to the "parts library" for piecing together other figures.

I think Krell has already been sculpted in the animated style, and this has been done for awhile. It seems unlikely they would tease something in a Q&A that was not already pretty far down the line in terms of development. I just don't think they have a viable way to release him right now. To your point though, I don't know why they still couldn't mix and match some animated/realistic parts going forward, it's mainly the faces, forearms and lower legs that differ. That would definitely help them get more mileage out of existing work.

Honestly, I think it's Hasbro's committment to the animated line that has run its course. I feel there it still a lot of great potential in this line if they would only recognize it. New animated figures still sell briskly. How many pegwarming Commander Foxes do we really see out there, y'know?

As far as the show, there's definitely going to be at least one more season. I think the future gets cloudy after that, no matter where it airs, because then you're starting to get closer to Episode 7 and the suits probably would not want the show airing when the new movies are rolling out. Hope I'm wrong on that though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Season 6 is 100% confirmed courtesy of Jedi Uk Toy News Fair or whatever the heck that thing was over there. Funny thing is, the slide says it will run from July-December 2013. Huh?

I know TV seasons don't always coincide overseas, but that seems way early to me. I can't help but wonder if Cartoon Network will follow suit, or at least move up the normal schedule so we're not waiting til September.

I just hope this means more toys this year.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 02:02 PM »
I think we definitely need to add Darth Maul with his new robotic legs and Savage Opress with his robotic arm to the discussion.  And some more Mandalorians would be most welcome, too!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Just because I was looking at the finale again, the Jedi Temple Guard is a must have. Probably will never see the light of day. I'm hoping the rumored Maul in the upcoming Legends line is the CW 2.0 version of him, and we continue to see more CW figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 07:14 PM »
I liked the guards, but they were REALLY lame. :)  Looked cool.  Did dick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77