Author Topic: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?  (Read 51091 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06 PM »
I haven't seen anything clear out of comic con. Didn't seem like they showed any new clone wars figures (other than realistic styling).   Anybody there and hear anything about the future of this line?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 03:31 PM »
I haven't seen anything clear out of comic con. Didn't seem like they showed any new clone wars figures (other than realistic styling).   Anybody there and hear anything about the future of this line?

pretty sure they said wait til CVI on this line and Movie Heroes

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 03:03 AM »
The only "new" stuff I've heard of anywhere regarding this line has been from GH, per their post-Hasbro panel summary:

CLONE WARS

Commander Fox will be the last Clone Wars figure for 2012. Hasbro does plan on continuing to strongly support the series and releasing 20+ figures in 2013.

There is no arachnid Darth Maul planned for release at the present time due to the size of the figure, but General Pong Krell is very much in their radar. Another Maul is slated for release outside the Target battle pack version. We think Spidey Maul is a perfect piece for an exclusive

I'm just so confused with this line... only 20+ figures for 2013, again? I thought Pong Krell had already been made, as indicated per rumors last year... and another Maul? I'm just so lost I don't even know...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 10:00 PM »
I just wanted to post something in here, because it is so depressing not hearing about anyone finding new stuff.

I wonder if the 19 or so figures for next year will be from previous seasons, or will they be of characters exclusive to season 5. It seems like the rug was pulled out from under the design team after they worked on what they saw from the first arc of season 4. There are way more than 19 characters from season 4 alone  that need to be made.

Hopefully celebration will help out with some more info.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Yeah, it is really depressing...this forum has become a ghost town lately.

I am really, really trying hard to find the newest waves, but I am not having any of the luck others seem to be having, at least according to some other sites.

At this point the frustration has begun to congeal into bitterness, so I am making an effort not to vent until I have something positive to share in here.

I hope that will be soon.  :-[
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Sounds like Kohls is also getting in the Wolffe wave...I found mine at Target.  No sign of the new Fox yet

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Yeah, I didn't want to jinx myself by starting up talk about the Kohl's thing, but that is really irritating to me. I've been stalking both of the local stores every day since JTA put that report up on Saturday and they haven't gotten jack here yet. But apparently they are plentiful and easy to obtain for others who live elsewhere.  ::)

My stores have an Embo, Flamethrower Clone and a Kit Fisto. All fine figures, but those have been out for a year now.

Just once, I want to read about somebody finding something in a store, and then go there myself and find the same thing. I'm insane, I know.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35 PM »
I checked my local Kohl's tonight. BUST. The CW situation is pretty sad. Mostly because what was my favorite part of the hobby recently has become the part I care about least - don't even look at the pegs any more.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47 AM »
I've hit up three Kohls regularly since the JTA report and nothing. Not even a hit of having anything new come in. One of them has a single Clone Wars figure and a single Movie Heroes figure - and that's it.

Kohls has always been a weird place for finding toys, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when and why they get stuff in and never seem to have "a lot" of anything in.

I think these last few waves of Clone Wars figures will be plentiful at TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning in 2013.

There is a big part of me that's hoping that they will be announcing the death of this sub-line at C6.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 02:40 PM »
There is a big part of me that's hoping that they will be announcing the death of this sub-line at C6.

Pete, I know it's sucked collecting this line this year, but don't give up on the whole thing yet! It's still possible Hasbro could pull their heards out of their collective posterior and turn this thing around. We know they're capable of making great animated figures, we just have to hope they see the error of their ways in regard to articulation, figure choice, case assortment, and overall # of items released. (Not much, right?)

I'm admittedly biased, I don't want this thing to end yet, and the realistic style CW figures suck out loud IMHO, so I've got to cling to hope that things will improve.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 04:53 PM »
It's not that I've given up, it's just that it's so depressing when both you (as the collector) and Hasbro (as the manufacturer) seem to be treating the Clone Wars line like an after-thought.

I picked up the MTT last night and I was thinking to myself "ok, I'm all caught up". And as far as Movie Heroes & Vintage goes, I am. I have the Class II Wave 2 vehicles, I've found MH Wave 3, I'm done with the Lost Line wave, etc...

Then I had to kick myself and remember "oh yeah, I still need figures from the Scuba Ahsoka wave and three of the new Commander Fox figure, plus at least two of the Dropship Class I vehicles"

So that's what it has come to - I have to remind myself that I need items from the line. Not a good sign...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Dropship...keep forgetting they made it.

I watched some stop motion video on youtube some kid made recently, there was the dropship! I've never seen one, how'd this kid get it?

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38 PM »
I watched some stop motion video on youtube some kid made recently, there was the dropship! I've never seen one, how'd this kid get it?

His dad does not mind dropping 50 plus dollars for one on Amazon or EBay. Someday you will find one at Marshalls for nine bucks, whenever they find the thousands of them that must be lost in an Indiana Jones-esque Walmart warehouse. You will know it is time to start looking when the news headline is about the return of the Arc of the Covenant.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 10:46 PM »
Maybe, to all that.

Funny thing, the kid had cardboard vehicles he made, too.

Also those early Clone Wars clones (1st head sculpt) with green stripes that IIRC, were only found on eBay. Star Wars Clone Wars Grey Clone Trooper Green

Could be overseas...he sure sounded American.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Also those early Clone Wars clones (1st head sculpt) with green stripes that IIRC, were only found on eBay. Star Wars Clone Wars Grey Clone Trooper Green

Hold on, what's all this then? I don't recognize those figures from any multipack or single carded release. What's the deal? I can't believe I haven't heard about this before...any details you can pass along would be much appreciated.

The Dropship had a very limited retail appearance at a few places earlier this year, but more as a fluke, that wave has yet to really start shipping other than to online stores. I am hoping we see a few more of these as they year goes on too, or at least that Hasbro will actually put this thing up on their website for sale.