Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?

<< < (19/22) > >>

Pete_Fett:
To me, Clone Wars figures done in the realistic style but with only 5 POA is a completely different animal than Clone Wars figures done in the realistic style but with 12-14 POA.

I'd much rather see them out out a new CW character in the Black Series and do it right the first time, instead of delivering a sub-par version of a character that will never offered as a figure ever again.

Jabba the Slug:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on February 10, 2013, 01:15 PM ---I'd much rather see them out out a new CW character in the Black Series and do it right the first time, instead of delivering a sub-par version of a character that will never offered as a figure ever again.

--- End quote ---

Ditto on this. Imagine the legion of collectors pissed when Hasbro makes a realistic TCW 2-pack of Cyborg Maul and Pre Vizsla - but with only 5 POA. >:( And then it'd be even worse if we got: "Hasbro feels confident that the versions of Maul and Pre Vizsla are up-to-date. Going forward, there will be no more TCW versions of either character."

I could totally see that happening.

Brian:
It does stink that there won't be any more CW stuff.  I was hoping we'd at least see it continue in the Black Series with the realistic style, I've loved all of those so far.  Still, I guess it is nice to know one way or the other on the animated line instead of continuing to wonder.  It is amazing how quickly this fell off of Hasbro's radar.  When it launched it seemed it was all that mattered, and has turned into an afterthought the past couple years and now just fizzled away.  So much nice stuff left on the table too.  Even some exclusive "Bounty Hunters" or "Death Watch" multipacks would be cool.

TheSon:
Had "the talk" with my son today. (and did not even have to talk about birds OR bees :))  He was a little upset that the line was ending, but is majorly getting into OT Lego sets. By the time the new movies hit, he will be too old to want to collect action figures any more. Without his support it will be hard to continue to front the cash for collecting with the wife's approval.
So in short, Hasbro's lack of an exit strategy for the Clone wars has likely cost them 2 or 3 more years of sales from my son, that will almost certainly head to Lego.

Sorry Hasbro, you blew it.

Nicklab:
The future is realistic style figures in The Black Series.  They already did 3 x realistic Clone Wars characters in The Vintage Collection.  And there were realistic CW Mace Windu & Captain Rex figures planned for the Legacy Collection before it was revamped as The Black Series.  Seeing how Hasbro already revealed those characters this past summer, they're likely to be offered in some way, shape or form in The Black Series.  Not Saga Legends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version