Author Topic: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?  (Read 51082 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?
« Reply #75 on: February 9, 2013, 04:38 PM »
No one bothered to confirm yet?

From SWAN:

Just found out-Clone Wars animated style figures done for the time being. Some characters in realistic style may be in the low articulated Saga Legends line. Black series ( both scales) to stay focused on films -Arnie
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 9, 2013, 04:42 PM »
I'm a disappointed they'd relegate the realistics to 5poa line but I am not shocked.  At least a basis for better customs
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 9, 2013, 04:43 PM »
I'm a disappointed they'd relegate the realistics to 5poa line but I am not shocked.  At least a basis for better customs

I don't really care about the realistic Mace that was shown, but damnit I am pissed that the Capt. Rex won't be released!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: February 9, 2013, 04:49 PM »
I think that wave 1 (Obi-Wan, Rex, Anakin, Battle Droid, 501st Jet Pack trooper) will still come out on the Yoda card.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: February 9, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Yeah I didn't take it to mean Rex isn't happening per se.

I want him too Greg, probably my fav CW figure from pics so far...  I so wanted a Cody though, but if they give us one he'll part swap well enough to a Cody figure I have around I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 9, 2013, 10:57 PM »
Righteous outrage aside, there still seems to be a lot of contradictory info out there. We know that Wave 1 is out in Europe, and some of the same figures will eventually show up in the new Saga Legends line. Other than that, who knows what to believe? Are there are US packaged ones out there? If they wind up releasing CW repaints down the road, might they possibly used the re-use the previous animated sculpts? Seeing as how they would have already established the precedent of releasing animated styled stuff in this new line? (I would guess probably not based on some of the other comments I have read coming out today)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2013, 04:18 AM »
Ugh, too much confusion about this line.

All animated TCW stuff aside, can anyone give a definite answer as to whether Hasbro will continue with realistic TCW figures? A lot of information regarding this has been jumbled around, from what I can gather is that Hasbro is staying films-only with the Black Series figures.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Ugh, too much confusion about this line.

All animated TCW stuff aside, can anyone give a definite answer as to whether Hasbro will continue with realistic TCW figures? A lot of information regarding this has been jumbled around, from what I can gather is that Hasbro is staying films-only with the Black Series figures.

The biggest problem right now is when they say "Black Series" you have to be on your toes to determine if they mean 6" or 3.75" - when they say movies only, I think they mean the 6" line.

The 3.75" line is still going to have Mara Jade and the next two realistic TCW figures - Rex and Mace Windu. And then moving forward, any new TCW characters that get made into figures will be in that line as well.

I could be mistaken, but after reading reports on various sites, that seems to be the prevailing school of thought right now.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28 AM »
I thought they said any new CW figures would be released in the Saga Legends line after Rex and Mace came out in the Black Series?

I know I read that somewhere.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2013, 10:39 AM »
From Jedi Temple Archives....

Question: Regarding reduced articulation for Star Wars TCW 2012 line, will this trend continue into 2013 if TCW line continues? And will it continue into 2013.

ANSWER: If TCW characters are brought into the collector-focused line, they will be realistic and come super-articulated. Animated TCW figures are no longer being made. There will be no more The Clone Wars figures as you've known it the last 5 years.

The question and answer don't exactly match up. My guess is that the Hasbro rep answering the question had this answer planned as how to respond to any questions about future TCW figures. Maybe it's just because Rex and Mace are on the horizon in the Black 3.75" Series, who knows really? Next year there could be zero TCW characters in the line at all.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Found it...this was what I was thinking of Pete, from Hasbro's 2013 Product Information:

STAR WARS®SAGA LEGENDS 3.75-INCH ACTION FIGURES
(Approximate retail price: $5.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Fall 2013)
These STAR WARS 3.75-inch action figures include the same high quality design kids have been enjoying for years, but now at a new lower price. The line includes characters from the STAR WARS movies as well as the STAR WARS: The Clone Wars animated series. Each sold separately.

So, who knows really? Sounds like they are kind of all over the place with their info right now...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 11:05 AM »

Question: Regarding reduced articulation for Star Wars TCW 2012 line, will this trend continue into 2013 if TCW line continues? And will it continue into 2013.

ANSWER: If TCW characters are brought into the collector-focused line, they will be realistic and come super-articulated. Animated TCW figures are no longer being made. There will be no more The Clone Wars figures as you've known it the last 5 years.

The question and answer don't exactly match up. My guess is that the Hasbro rep answering the question had this answer planned as how to respond to any questions about future TCW figures. Maybe it's just because Rex and Mace are on the horizon in the Black 3.75" Series, who knows really? Next year there could be zero TCW characters in the line at all.

That response sounds perfectly clear to me.

Animated Clone Wars figures are done.  Any future Clone Wars characters will be made in a realistic style (ala VC92 - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars), VC103 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars), etc).

Found it...this was what I was thinking of Pete, from Hasbro's 2013 Product Information:

These STAR WARS 3.75-inch action figures include the same high quality design kids have been enjoying for years, but now at a new lower price. The line includes characters from the STAR WARS movies as well as the STAR WARS: The Clone Wars animated series. Each sold separately.

So, who knows really? Sounds like they are kind of all over the place with their info right now...

As for this?  I think that Hasbro is simply referencing the source material, rather than realistic VS animated style figures.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:07 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 11:25 AM »
As for this?  I think that Hasbro is simply referencing the source material, rather than realistic VS animated style figures.

I agree with you there. Lots of the 5POA characters revealed are from the prequels AND TCW (Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Clones and Droids) so it makes sense that Hasbro would highlight the cross appeal. I suppose it is possible that some Clone Wars-only characters will make it out, as they did have a placeholder Rex figure on display. I'm guessing any TCW characters in the line will be limited to 5POA, and might be a less-animated (if not realistic) style.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2013, 01:04 PM »

That response sounds perfectly clear to me.

Animated Clone Wars figures are done.  Any future Clone Wars characters will be made in a realistic style (ala VC92 - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars), VC103 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars), etc).

Actually it's not clear. There's nothing to say that Clone Wars characters won't be in the Legends line with 5 POA.

Either way, animated sculpting is definitely done.
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2013, 01:08 PM »

Again, this sounds perfectly clear:  Movie characters & Clone Wars characters are to be done in a realistic style in the Legends line, too.  And with 5 POA.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback