Author Topic: The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE  (Read 4522 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:07 PM »
Like a handful of people in this hobby, I am fascinated by photonovels... from 2004-2011, I worked almost non-stop on a fan-fiction photonovel series called The Enloe Chronicles that took most of my hobby time... quite frankly, it's why I customize and what's really driven me to continue this hobby... that series comprised of 32 chapters, spanning the timeline of a Republic Peace Officer named Rykrof Enloe from before the invasion of Naboo until the end of the Clone Wars, in which he was one of the few non-Jedi leading battalions of clone troopers into battle against the Separatists.

Along the way, he became a primary enemy of the Badoo Corba terrorists, befriended a Jedi who ultimately fell to the Dark Side, started a family, became close to Palpatine, but realized the evil of the Emperor once the Jedi were eliminated.  He made a decision to leave the Empire, which nearly cost him his life, and did cost him the friendship of Admiral Tylin Gere, who was a Peace Officer with Rykrof before the formation of the Grand Army of the Republic.

Now, five years have passed since the events of ROTS, and Rykrof is hiding on a planet called Urelia with his family.  The Empire dominates the galaxy, but now Tylin Gere has learned of the whereabouts of an ancient Sith relic that he and Rykrof once nearly took from Separatist forces during the Clone Wars... Tylin is obsessed with locating it, and his pursuit has led him to Dantooine...

This is just the prologue for what I hope will be another large series.  Enjoy (I hope!)...

In the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim, a lone Imperial Star Destroyer hovers above the remote world of Dantooine.

On the surface of the planet, Imperial Stormtroopers survey the damage from a recent battle with Rebel insurgents atop a mountain stronghold.

Vastly outnumbered and poorly equipped, the Rebel base was decimated by Imperial forces.

Led by Baron Tylin Gere, this is but one of many Rebel camps he has personally led secret assaults on during recent months...

...as he searches for information that he believes is vital to both the survival of the Empire and his own private interests.

While tearing the base apart, his personal division of Stormtroopers have found few survivors.

"Fools," Tylin scoffs as he walks past the corpse of a Rebel soldier.

"People should know when they've been defeated."

"Sir, we've found no trace of the artifact," officer Draven informs his superior.

"Keep looking.  We're not leaving this wretched planet until we learn of its whereabouts," Tylin replies.

"Baron Gere!" a second trooper reports, "We have a survivor who mentioned the relic!"

"Excellent," Tylin smiles.
"Take me to him."

The group then swiftly approaches a badly injured Mon Calamari lying on the ground.

"I am Baron Tylin Gere," the smug Imperial announces sharply.
"What is your rank?"

"I... lieutenant..." he struggles to answer.

"Lieutentant," he grins.
"Tell me now, where is the relic that your band of Rebels have been hiding?"

"It's not here," the Mon Calamari gasps.

"Not here?  Where is it?"

"I... egghh... don't know... I swear... it was stolen..."

"...we believe they were... ugh... Badoo Corba agents," he gasps.

"Damn these people," Tylin growls as he looks up to his men.

"When was this?" the Baron demands.
"When were they here?"

"Weeks ago... records were in our database... which your bombers destroyed..."
"My body is broken... I surrender... please... bring a medical capsule..."

"He's told us everything he knows," Tylin says to his troops.
"This soldier is in... terrible condition."

"Relieve his pain."

Without hesitation, the loyal soldiers of the Empire fire their blasters into the Mon Calamari!

"Sir, what are our orders now?" officer Draven asks.

"Destroy any record that we were here," Tylin replies.
"Then burn the camp and kill any survivors."

"...and set course for the Badoo Cobra stronghold on Dathomir."

...that's it for now.  It was a lot of fun getting back in the game!  I hope my fellow forum members liked what you saw, and are looking as forward to the next installment as I am. 

And no, that Mon Calamari wasn't Freelo, in case anyone familiar with the original series is wondering.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Great to see a new episode!  Can't wait to see where this goes.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Thanks, I'm very close to starting on the dioramas for the next installment.