Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75" Figures

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (57/95) > >>

Greg:

--- Quote from: McMetal on February 16, 2013, 10:00 AM ---I am really wondering now about the NEAR future, IE: now til August/September when the Black Series/Saga Legends lines debut.

I figure TRU will probably keep doing their thing, random restocks of TVC greatest hits for awhile, Yoda Class I & II sets as long as those last...probably nothing else for MH or TCW.

Hard to figure out Walmart right now. I saw one store that got the Greatest Hits TVC wave in, so I guess they are still stocking new figures. Not MH or TCW though. No sign of any of the new Yoda packaged stuff though - are they planning to stock those Class I and II sets? Seems like maybe they clearanced those price points already.

Target got the new Yoda Class I and II sets, but no new figures. With TVC being clearanced there it seems unlikely they will get any of the Greatest Hits stuff. And no new MH or TCW obviously. When the Yoda stuff sells through, will they be re-stocking?

I sort of wonder what kind of quantities the Yoda packaged stuff was produced in, and if what is out there in circulation is all that will be produced. (Guessing so)

I also have to think there is still MH and TCW product stuck in warehouses somewhere out there that may still see the light of day. Those may go straight to discount chains, ala the recent Assault Sub and Recon Fighter Class I sets.

--- End quote ---

While scouring local stores over the past week looking for clearance deals, I found quite a few instances of Movie Heroes Wave 2 (Light-up Obi Wan & Qui-Gon, plus TPM characters) being stocked. This week marked the first time I saw the wave at Target and TRU. While I did see it at one local Wal-Mart last year, it was limited to just that one store. This has me thinking that stores are attempting to finally start moving out old stock, or that the "Greatest Hits" re-shipments aren't limited to just TVC. 

Scockery:

--- Quote from: McMetal on February 16, 2013, 10:00 AM ---Target got the new Yoda Class I and II sets, but no new figures. With TVC being clearanced there it seems unlikely they will get any of the Greatest Hits stuff. And no new MH or TCW obviously. When the Yoda stuff sells through, will they be re-stocking?

--- End quote ---

Jedi Temple Archives reported that Target is cancelling Star Wars action figure aisle product for their reset planograms. Some stores reset before the official deletion.

We might just see Yoda packaged stuff hit clearance already there already?!

McMetal:
I checked a couple of Target stores that had reset this week earlier today and the new stuff still came up at regular price, but I will be curious to see if they restock once they sell through the initial case. (Class I sets I mean, those 12" abominations aren't going anywhere)

The Darth Maul BP has officially been terminated in their system as well.

Jesse James:
They may just be purging things, since the line's taken a major shift.  I'm going to guess they'll have something, but incase anyone happened to miss it the last year or two, Target kind of already "cancelled" Star Wars too...  They haven't exactly been restock happy all year.

People found some Class I restocks?  Fantastic, but from my angle, Target was pretty down on Star Wars ALL year, as was Wal-Mart...  TRU was the only one actively putting product out, and putting it on sale...  Oh if they only knew they had zero competition aside from online stores.

Brian:
I was reading through Adam's Q and A this week over at GH, and he mentions in there that he feels the 10+ articulation range 3 3/4" line won't make it past 2013.  Do you think there is a chance of this?  I could see that maybe they are testing the waters a bit with having the 5 POA line be the "main" line, and the 6" line being the "collectors" line, but it all depends on how things do.  Unfortunately, I don't know if the lineups for the first couple waves of the Black Series are going to do it any favors.  Like I said, I like the idea of there being a durable, affordable "kids" line out there...but I do sort of hope we continue to get TVC-quality figures for collectors as well - particularly when the new movies come out.  I still love what we're getting in the line now too, but can admit that the well for new characters (or even necessary resculpts) gets a little drier all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version