Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (72/172) > >>

Diddly:

--- Quote from: Jayson on July 23, 2013, 12:55 AM ---I think we'll definitely see some Star Wars: Rebels stuff in addition to the Ep. VII glut. Imagine that, toy aisles filled with merchandise for characters/vehicles never done before.  :P

--- End quote ---

All with 5 POA!

McMetal:
Well, that sucks, IMHO. I was hoping Disney would bring the toy production in house like the video games, animation, etc. I know logistically speaking that was not likely to happen but it would seem to fit their overall business model.

Over the past few years it's just become apparent to me that they have had the license too long. They've gotten greedy and lazy and don't seem to have a clue how to effectively manage the brand anymore. A younger, hungrier company could really work wonders to liven things up. Someone who is passionate about the creative opportunities and not hung up on the $%^&* bean counting.

I get that it's a changing economy, changing play habits, more competition, whatever. But that doesn't explain or excuse a lot of the missteps we have seen over the past few years. It's hard not to be curious about what a leaner more motivated company might do with the license.

Rob:

--- Quote from: McMetal on July 23, 2013, 09:09 AM ---Over the past few years it's just become apparent to me that they have had the license too long. They've gotten greedy and lazy and don't seem to have a clue how to effectively manage the brand anymore. A younger, hungrier company could really work wonders to liven things up. Someone who is passionate about the creative opportunities and not hung up on the $%^&* bean counting.

--- End quote ---

Maybe, but a younger, hungrier company could also have years worth of growing pains that would frustrate collectors all the same.  Meanwhile, you'd probably have consistency gaps in terms of sculpt and quality.  Additionally, a new company is probably going to start from scratch in terms of what they're making, so it's not like you're going to get a break in the constant roll out of classic characters.  It'd be all Han, Luke, Leia, Vader, Maul, Obi-Wan all over again.

Scockery:
I like the balance between toy and collectible that Hasbro maintain or maintained. The idea of some company like Jazzwares or somebody doing Star Wars. Or McFarlane highly detailed and painted statues. No, thanks.

Mister Skeezler:
NECA is hitting stuff out of the park right now. But I don't think they'd have the bandwidth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version