Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (90/172) > >>

Jesse James:
Wouldn't doubt 4" does too soon, if it sticks around.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on July 24, 2014, 08:48 PM ---Actually, 6" prices are going to go up a couple dollars in the next waves.
--- End quote ---

Someone else said that recently...  did I miss a memo?  Why does everyone think the price is going up?

Rob:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2014, 09:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: P-Siddy on July 24, 2014, 08:48 PM ---Actually, 6" prices are going to go up a couple dollars in the next waves.
--- End quote ---

Someone else said that recently...  did I miss a memo?  Why does everyone think the price is going up?

--- End quote ---

If anything the price needs to go down a few dollars.  Neca makes a better product at a lower price point so far.

Meanwhile, every 6" figure other than Fett and the Stormtrooper has been available on Amazon for far less - the first wave was as low as $9.99 around the holidays.

At this very moment:
Luke is $13.49
Artoo is $15.79
Maul is $15.79
Han is $13.30
Obi-Wan is $13.49
Greedo is $12.51
Leia is $16.69

Most of those are Prime too.

Diddly:
I realize that a lot of things are going up in price, but there has to be a breaking point. Can you imagine paying $15 or so at retail for that lame Yoda we're getting in TBS 4 inch Wave 4? Like Jesse said above, there's always more things to spend money on, and that's what I plan on doing if prices keep going up because honestly collecting hasn't been "fun" in about three years for me now.

--- Quote from: Jesse James on July 24, 2014, 05:32 PM ---Bigger does seem to be perceived as "better" for collector-oriented toys though right now, and for the most part they're right.  If you read the article yesterday we posted a link to on the front page, regarding Jabba The Hutt's 6" figure creation process, Hasbro was very pro 6", and had a stance that what they do in 6" can't be done in 4".
--- End quote ---

Yeah what was up with that? The first thought that popped in my mind was something like "Well if bigger is better then why did the Hasbro 12 inch line suck so bad in the later years?" I got the feeling like they're still really ticked about losing the 12 inch license to Sideshow and being one-upped, so they're trying to make things right with the 6 inch line.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2014, 09:22 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I was looking at figures on Beyond Mortality yesterday.  Wave 5 and 6 figures are at 21.99, while earlier ones are 19.99 (including the Stormtrooper).

But, yeah, I feel that I can't spend too much more than that right now, so I might be pulling the plug on 6" figures. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version