Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (95/172) > >>

Dave:

--- Quote from: Jeff on August 18, 2014, 02:54 PM ---Back to the topic of price hikes, I'm seeing lots of Twitter/Facebook reports of Target stores raising prices on the 3.75" stuff...

--- End quote ---

Maybe its to account for the extra labor they have in their distribution system now that they're splitting cases between multiple stores  ::)

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2014, 01:16 PM ---Was discussing the explosion of large scale Star Wars figures with someone this morning.  It's kind of incredible how fast it's spreading.

Since Hasbro kicked off the 6" line last year, we've had...
- a new 6" line from Hasbro
- a few 6" MAFEX figures from Medicom (Japan)
- a few 6" SHFiguarts figures from Bandai (Japan)
- a new 12" 5POA line from Hasbro
- a new 12" announcement from Hot Toys (1:6 scale)
- a new 13"-15" line from Disney Stores
- a new 18" announcement from Hot Toys (1:4 scale)
- a new 21" line from Jakks Pacific
- a new 31" line from Jakks Pacific

And there could be more announcements out there
--- End quote ---

Now we can add...
- a few 6" Revoltech figures from Kaiyodo (Japan)
- a few 6" Play Arts Kai figures from Square Enix (Japan)

That's now FOUR Japanese companies with planned Star Wars figures in the 6"-7" size.  All of them with plans for Vader and at least three are planning on Stormtrooper too. 

I said it before, I'll say it again - it's just amazing to me how fast and wide this large scale figure wave is spreading.  And you all know the merchandising ball is just going to get bigger and bigger as it continues to roll to Episode 7.   :-X

Brian:
It really is crazy how things are exploding this year alone, looking at your examples Jeff.  It seemed to me there was too much stuff before, but it is really expanding since the Disney takeover as well.  I feel for those who really try to be "completists" these days, although I'm sure there are fewer of those anymore.  I know even Steve Sansweet has said as much with Episode VII on the way, that it is practically impossible to truly "collect it all" anymore.

I pretty much just focus on the Hasbro stuff anymore, with the odd other collectible here or there, but I really hope we see a simplification of the Hasbro line at least when the movies come around.  I know it is probably wishful thinking, because it is all about retail footspace these days, but I miss the days of "here are Star Wars action figures (one line), here are some beasts, and here are some vehicles".  I guess, like the vintage days, POTF2, relaunch, or even POTJ.

P-Siddy:
Hasbro would be dumb not to do TFA figures, even if they are 5 PoA, with the vintage feel.  That said, I believe the first batch of these figures will be like what they did for RotS and AotC (or Saga), minimal articulation with action features and pre-posed.  I will skip these figures and wait for the SA figures when/if they get there.  If they don't do them, then I guess I'm not missing out then.

Darby:
The Saga Legends / Mission Series segment seems to be selling pretty well so I'd be surprised if that didn't continue. I don't think Hasbro abandons the 3.75 range entirely especially at the outset of what will be the year's biggest merchandise offering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version