Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2012  (Read 23554 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39 PM »
ARe the Bucs still looking at Manningham as well?  That would be a serious a WR upgrade paired with Jackson.  I wnder where that leaves Mike Williams...

Not much new for the Pack, but they don't typically do much with free agency.  Looks like Flynn will sign somewhere else - that place practically manufactures starting QBs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 02:55 PM »
ARe the Bucs still looking at Manningham as well?  That would be a serious a WR upgrade paired with Jackson.  I wnder where that leaves Mike Williams...

I don't think so.  I think they feel like Jackson will open up the field to the point where Williams can be a strong #2 guy - which is what he's more suited to.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they draft Trent Richardson at #5 to really round out that offense.  They could use another TE as well.

As for what they're doing now, at the press conference they said they're turning their focus to the draft now but will 'monitor' free agency.  They almost inked Curtis Lofton, and I'm hoping that they're still going to try to sign him if he'll come down off of the $9 million asking price.

Jeff Faine will probably be released very soon, he'll free up another $6 million in cap space.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Nicks IS a GREAT signing...Bucs are definitely making moves this year. Where do you think they'll go in the draft?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Nicks IS a GREAT signing...Bucs are definitely making moves this year. Where do you think they'll go in the draft?

I don't think there's much doubt that they're going to choose between Clairborne or Richardson at #5, unless Clairborne goes to Cleveland at 4.  Other than that, depending on the rest of free agency.... they need LB help BADLY.  They could use a safety (rumors that they're talking to Reggie Nelson).  Basically... areas of need, in order:

RB
LB
CB
S
TE
RT
DL

Big moves, but still very much a work in progress... the team has lots of holes, lots of young guys, and lots of guys who need to prove it this year (Freeman... Williams... McCoy... Bowers... Blount...).  They should certainly be much improved over a horrible 2011, but I don't know that they're in the playoffs just yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07 PM »
They could use a safety (rumors that they're talking to Reggie Nelson).

LaRon Landry is still available. :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 10:30 PM »
I saw the bodybuilding photos... that guy is an injury waiting to happen.  Last I read the Patriots were bringing him in for a visit.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58 PM »

WOO-HOO!!! A REAL QB. :)
"This is the way."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 10:32 PM »
So which city gets to host Tebow Time next?!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Good luck with that.

I still don't get why they felt they need to jerk around with a team that is just coming off a solid run and some post-season success like they had. Why they are so desperate to run Tebow out of town? I get that the guy has a somewhat limited skill set but still, you beat the freaking Steelers last year!

Even worse is San Fran though - those guys were a play or two away from the Super Bowl! And you're ready to dump Smith who FINALLY got his act together and jump into bed with Manning? Now you could lose BOTH guys and be screwed royally. Serves them right.

Harbaugh has not made many missteps since taking over but that was a colossal one, IMO.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 11:33 PM »
I get that the guy has a somewhat limited skill set but still, you beat the freaking Steelers last year!

I'm by no means a Tebow basher...  I don't mind him, but they beat a seriously depleted, banged up, worn out Steelers team last year.

I don't know what Tebow gets paid but he could learn a lot from Manning, and maybe improve as a player, as Manning's back-up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Peyton Manning will never be the Peyton Manning that won Super Bowl XLVI.  I think the Broncos made a $96 Million mistake here, especially if they get rid of Tebow.

If you brought Peyton in to help Tebow develop long term, fine, but he is one blind-side hit from being in a wheelchair.  That is in the back of his mind.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Tebow isn't an NFL QB.  Replacing him can't be a mistake.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 12:29 AM »
He is unconventional, but he's also motivated to be better.  I have all the respect in the world for Peyton Manning, he's a true hall of fame QB, but I don't see him lasting 5 years.  If they don't win the Super Bowl this year, they never will with Peyton.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Tebow may not be a great NFL QB, but he's fun to watch.  If he sells tickets and jersies, one of these teams will want him starting.  I think he'll end up with one of the teams in Florida where his fan base is huge.  Honestly, I think he'd still be starting for the Broncos again if not for Elway's ego.

Manning is a solid leader and a nice move for Denver.  Look how good they were last year with an eratic QB.  Adding a legitimate passing threat should position them for a good run.  Smart of them to grab Clark as well to help ease Manning in.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Unconventional isn't his problem... poor throwing is.  I say he flops wherever he ends up. 

I hope he proves me wrong, I like the kid.  I love what he did for Florida.