Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82279 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2012, 02:37 PM »
More from Rebelscum:

You may remember seeing images of these packs some time back, but now we can tell you that they are TRU exclusives. Each set is limited to 30, 000 pieces and will be available on August 1st for $34.99 each. The Adventurous Ewoks set will include Teebo, Kneesaa, Tippet, Corpsey the fallen (LOL), and an unnamed Ewok with an E-11 Blaster. The Yavin Pilots set includes Gold 5 "Pops" Davish Krail, Gold 2 Tiree, Red 5 Porkins, Vader's Left Wingman (with a numbered helmet?), and Porkins' Astromech.

It would be swell if they can keep these at/around that $35 price point.  Almost seems like a bargain for a TRU exclusive. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05 PM »
TRU has a great line up of exclusives all OT related except the Maul sabe which i can care less about. I am in for all of them including x4 Speederbike sets.

Like Jeff said $35 is a steal for these sets. I sold my old POTJ Teebo and Porkins after seeing the leaked pics so I really welcome these two back in the fold. If Hasbro made sets and exclusives this solid all year this line would not have the probelms it does now. I hope SDCC restores confidence in the brand, it needs a good dose of positve buzz.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I'm definitely in for the EWOKS set, but I will be amazed if they actually call that little guy Corpsey...it's just too morbid. (I mean, not for me, I think it's awesome, but for Johnny Lunchpail and Sally Housecoat, not so much maybe)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2012, 08:54 PM »
In the past have they announced actual production numbers before? I almost get the idea that's a marketing ploy to get people to buy them ASAP, so they won't linger around shelves too much.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25 PM »
There's always been the perception with Toys R Us exclusives that they would be plentiful, and there was never a big rush for collectors to pick them up.  As a result there seems to be a perception that TRU exclusives tend to linger at retail longer than they would at a chain like Target.

And then, look at the frenzy that "Limited Editions" once brought to lines like Gentle Giant and Sideshow.  Throw on that limited edition tag and you create instant buzz.  It doesn't always make for happy collectors, but it can help drive sales.  And that's something the line needs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2012, 11:30 PM »
It would be swell if they can keep these at/around that $35 price point.  Almost seems like a bargain for a TRU exclusive. :P

Can't argue with that...  I don't mind that price too much.  I've gotten the Endor sets now full price and I was happy with them.  I'll get these too.

I wouldn't call those #'s limited really either...  They're exclusives to a single chain, with few stores.  That's probably not far off what past exclusives have been #'s-wise, actually.

Stuff like this gives me hope for more army building packs too...  they're branching off pilots to Ewoks.  It's all about building off that catalogue of parts with limited new tooling.  These things, at $35, are probably pretty darn profitable, but yet the price and what "newness" they bring, seem to satisfy the public they're aimed at...  Can't argue much with that. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 11:03 PM »
$50.  No less.  (spoken as C-3PO)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41 AM »
On another note I came accross this article this morning, Romba is one crazy and sick Ewok:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4377049/Star-Wars-ewok-facing-jail-over-flash.html

Can this be a possibility for next years SW exclusive, flashing attack Romba?

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Scooper from the 'Troopers:

You knew there was no way they were calling him Corpsey... :P 

Looks like it's Flitchee and Nanta (WOTC Galactic Campaing Guide), Teebo (RotJ), Kneesa (Ewoks), and Tippet (Marvel Comics).

No Wompus, but dang all those pack-in weapons and hoods are awesome.  I think I'll be buying a second set just for the variety included to re-arm some of my custom 'woks. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26 PM »
+1 on the extra hoods and extra weapons.  That feature alone will get me to buy at least two of these sets.

Plus, it's great to see some OFFICIAL photography of Pops at long last!  He didn't come to market the way I pitched it to Hasbro, but he's finally on his way out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:27 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26 PM »
2 or 3 of the Ewok sets for me. It is too awesome.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Awesomeness...wonder when these will hit, and how hard they will be to get...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Both of these are REALLY great sets - put me down for at least 3 of the Ewok sets to open, definitely 2 of the Pilots and of course one of each to keep MIB.....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2012, 05:47 PM »
good lord I hope it will be easy for me to get 2 of the Ewok sets!  It sounds like all of us hear are saying the same thing lol!  Oh, and of course, one pilot set.

Now bring on Chukha-Trok next!!!