Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82318 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14 AM »
BTW, $39.99, which I reported on our front page...  DarthChuckMC reported on twitter these were $45 down in Orlando I believe, and that hopefully was just down there...  Is TRU allowed to scalp?  ???

Maybe Orlando got a ton of these just to get those Celebration attenders to buy them for $5 more?  But I think TRU doesn't have a general one price tag for each store.  The Times Square TRU had figures at $12 ($1-2 more than in Minnesota) for the longest time.  They have dropped to $9.99 and had remnants of the Tarkin wave on the pegs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2012, 08:37 AM »
BTW, $39.99, which I reported on our front page...  DarthChuckMC reported on twitter these were $45 down in Orlando I believe, and that hopefully was just down there...  Is TRU allowed to scalp?  ???

One can hope these don't go up in price.

I saw stuff like this in my TRU except worse (Marvel Legends marked up to $22.99 from $15.99) and was like WTF?

A manager at the TRU closest to me explained that there are now a bunch of TRU "test stores" around the country.  Select TRU stores that jack up the price on certain items.  Then they track sales.  If the sales are equivalent to other areas, this is viewed as free money and the price hike goes nationwide.

My TRU is one such test store.  And I am so lucky to be paying more.

My store is currently gouging like mad on Marvel but Star Wars vintage is $9.99, they were $11.99 for a while but the old stale TPM **** just sat there for like 4 months. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:41 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2012, 08:47 AM »

One can hope these don't go up in price.

I saw stuff like this in my TRU except worse (Marvel Legends marked up to $22.99 from $15.99) and was like WTF?

A manager at the TRU closest to me explained that there are now a bunch of TRU "test stores" around the country.  Select TRU stores that jack up the price on certain items.  Then they track sales.  If the sales are equivalent to other areas, this is viewed as free money and the price hike goes nationwide.

My TRU is one such test store.  And I am so lucky to be paying more.

My store is currently gouging like mad on Marvel but Star Wars vintage is $9.99, they were $11.99 for a while but the old stale TPM **** just sat there for like 4 months.

That explains why one of the two TRU's near me has a higher price. I have gotten them (at least once, maybe twice) to adjust the price to match the other TRU though.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2012, 10:34 AM »
I scored them at the TRU near where I work for $39.99 each and on top of that, I received a rewards e-mail last night with a coupon that was good ONLY today, August 23rd that got me 20% off any purchase of $75 or more. So I picked up three of each set (2 of each to open, 1 to keep MIB) and they cost me $34 each after tax. While not great, certainly much better than the $42.79 each they would have been w/o the coupon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2012, 02:55 PM »
As for the price variance reported on these sets, there's two TRU in my area, just a few miles apart from each other. One store often has prices about 10% higher than the other on about half the SW merchandise.  Both have these sets though, at $39.99 each. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2012, 04:04 PM »
My TRU has yet to even get these, and a scan of the shelf tag that's been there for two weeks didn't give any details on when they'll be arriving ("Sometime in the next three weeks, I think" said the TRU employee who scanned it).  Perfect.  Perhaps by that point the store DR refers to will have succeeded in their test so I can pay 5 bucks more per set.  Ugh.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Keep calling with a sku/barcode...  worked for me.

I haven't heard of any store outside of the one in Florida DarthChuckMC reported that these were more money...  weird, but I'm really hopeful there's 0 price hike on these.  If anything I'm hopeful they become as plentiful as the Endor sets, and wind up seeing sales, as I'd like a 2nd Ewok set and would probably buy a 2nd Yavin on sale as well if hte price was right, for fodder purposes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Is it a crime to show up at a TRU and slice a pound of fat/skin off of our abdomens and plop it down on the counter when we're paying for our star wars toys?  Disturbing the peace maybe?  It's gotta be illegal. 

I have a few police officer friends I'll run it by them and report back.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Is it a crime to show up at a TRU and slice a pound of fat/skin off of our abdomens and plop it down on the counter when we're paying for our star wars toys?  Disturbing the peace maybe?  It's gotta be illegal. 

I have a few police officer friends I'll run it by them and report back.

That will only get you one of the two sets, not both.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Keep calling with a sku/barcode...  worked for me.

I haven't heard of any store outside of the one in Florida DarthChuckMC reported that these were more money...  weird, but I'm really hopeful there's 0 price hike on these.  If anything I'm hopeful they become as plentiful as the Endor sets, and wind up seeing sales, as I'd like a 2nd Ewok set and would probably buy a 2nd Yavin on sale as well if the price was right, for fodder purposes.

Yeah, as long as there are no other collectors in the area.  I called all over, found a place that had them and waited 20min while they looked for them.  Then they told me to call back in a few days, since it clearly takes several days to unload a truck.   ::)  I called back early the next day and another sales person told me they found them, put them on the sales floor, and someone had already bought them that morning.  Not a big fan of TRU right now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2012, 06:16 PM »
MY TRU has been getting a pretty steady supply of these.  My TRU gets trucks on Tuesdays and Thursdays and when I was in last Tuesday they only had 2 of the pilot sets left.

I went back to TRU today and I was shocked when I counted 17 of these sets on the shelf!    :o

So for you guys that are not finding them, I think it might be because they sent them to my store!    ???

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22 PM »
How are these packaged? Four of each in a case or two of each in a case?

There were four of each  at the TRU where I found them this morning, so I either came across 1 case or 2....
Peter

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2012, 07:29 PM »

There were four of each  at the TRU where I found them this morning, so I either came across 1 case or 2....

Two of each per case, from what I've seen evidence of.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Two of each per case, from what I've seen evidence of.
[/quote

Yeah there was 1 case sitting on the floor today at TRU with 2 of each in it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I just got a set for myself, and I saw 4 of each pack.  The cases weren't there, so I couldn't say about the case pack.  But based on how they've packed battle packs in the past, I think it's likely that they're 2 of each per case.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback