Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82305 times)

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2012, 12:35 AM »
Found both sets today at a TRU in da Bronx. After doing a price check and waiting on a line which took forever, I put the items down and walked out. First, they were listed for $45.00. Second, I didn't have my 20% rewards coupon with me. I was going to ask for the online price, cause you can do that and for the most part TRU will grant it to you, but after having time to examine both sets, I didn't feel the $39.99 price was worth either set. I'm not even a big ewok fan. I wish for a different outcome where they're concerned every time I watch Jedi. If they go on sale, like bogo free or something of that nature then I might reconsider. In the mean time you guys enjoy. This story was just to confirm that some TRU's are charging $45.00 but like I said you can ask the manager to give you the online price for them.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31 AM »
Ok - well if they are 2-per case, then that's good to know that my TRU got in two cases. Nice way to start - hopefully this exclusive will be replenished regularly...

I opened the Ewok set and it is so amazing. Just the fact that you can configure the five Ewoks with different cowls and accessories makes the set worth having.

I had an extra Logray from when he shipped in 2011 from one of the cases I bought so I decided to open him up as well and give him one of the spare Teebo cowls since they are essentially the same figure just in different colors.

I am so glad I got two of this set to open so I can take advantage of the various configuration options.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2012, 07:44 AM »
I've been buying cheap Asian Ewoks off the eBay sellers for a few years now and my Ewoks army is pretty large.  Excited to mix and match these too...might try and get a couple more sets to add to the army!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Keep calling with a sku/barcode...  worked for me.

Did that a couple of times too, with similar results ("It says our warehouse has them on order" or "It should be on the next truck next week", quickly followed up the following week with "It should be on the next truck next week"). 

Isn't collecting supposed to be fun?  Maybe I need to just quit altogether, because I'm annoyed more than anything these days.  When you have some websites (not this one, obviously) where people imply you should stop asking Hasbro about distribution issues this year because such questions have "reached a saturation point", despite us still not getting a clear answer about if and when figures are actually going to make it to retail, you kind of lose interest and hope.

Oh well, they're just toys in the end scheme of things, and Hasbro is doing their best to help me save money.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Did that a couple of times too, with similar results ("It says our warehouse has them on order" or "It should be on the next truck next week", quickly followed up the following week with "It should be on the next truck next week"). 

Isn't collecting supposed to be fun?  Maybe I need to just quit altogether, because I'm annoyed more than anything these days.  When you have some websites (not this one, obviously) where people imply you should stop asking Hasbro about distribution issues this year because such questions have "reached a saturation point", despite us still not getting a clear answer about if and when figures are actually going to make it to retail, you kind of lose interest and hope.

Quoted for truth, I am 100% in agreement with everything you said there. That particular comment chafed me too. WTF is a "saturation point from a reporting point of view"?!? You're tired of talking about it? Too bad, it's going to be THE dominant topic of conversation until the problem is fixed. Or at least until an actual explanation is provided. Not everyone is lucky enough to find figures as easily as some of the people that run websites do.

It's like CNN saying that coverage of the 2012 Presidential election has reached a saturation point, and they would prefer to talk about something else now, thank you.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15 AM »
I get the impression collector's sites are suffering from all this mess. When store reports...individual store reports from a certain part of the country are news...well, things are messed up all around.

"Hey, wave 5 was found in Boise, Idaho."

Heck, I'll book a flight there.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2012, 12:08 PM »
I've been buying cheap Asian Ewoks off the eBay sellers for a few years now and my Ewoks army is pretty large. 

Most of my Ewoks are from Endor.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2012, 12:13 PM »
I've been buying cheap Asian Ewoks off the eBay sellers for a few years now and my Ewoks army is pretty large. 

Most of my Ewoks are from Endor.

My Ewoks come directly from the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park near Crescent City, California.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10 AM »
They're up again on TRU.com.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Snagged an Ewok set, so they should be pegwarming across the nation now that I bought one. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27 PM »
I opened my two sets last night and got a set of all of them looking like they do on the back of the box and then had fun custom swapping hoods with the second set last night.   ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Do all the configurations and extra hoods and all that let you mimic anything from the actual films that are different ewoks or did these guys just wear multiple headdresses in the films?  I didn't realize they were going to have so many extra parts until I found a set last night and am trying to decide if it's worth it to buy another one.  I think I only want to bother if it lets you create movie-specific ewoks.

?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Found these today. Four Pilot sets and two Ewok sets were all that was left, so I figured I better grab an Ewok set before they disappear. I'm stoked to get a new Teebo since the POTJ one is too big.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Count me in with Rob's cluelessness on the extra bits... I 'd like a breakdown of why there was a different hood with each guy and which ones are from the movies and which are not.  I know Kneesa has one from an Ewok movie, right, and the toon of course?

The dude with the toothy hood, which is awesome...  what's his deal?

Teebo has two hoods and I was thinking one's accurate to ROTJ and one is an homage to his vintage figure more, or did his Ewok Movie hat look different than the ROTJ one and I just don't recall that because those movies were kind of weak?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Here is what I know of the hoods:

Flitchee:
The one with the feather is his hood from the movie. Not the repainted Graak hood he is packaged wearing.

Nanta:
AKA Corpsey.

Teebo:
Both are from RotJ. The first one is from all of the village scenes and hunting party. He wears the full hood during the battle. Best place to see him is when the ewoks first show up. Note: Teebo wears his horn, knife, and necklace during the hunting party and prebattle village scenes but not during the celebration like in the picture below.

Kneesaa:
Pink one is from cartoon. Other one seems to be made up but it may be based on Wuta's.

Tippet:
Marvel comics character. Both hoods are from there. Horned one from #94 and regular hood from #100.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:01 PM by SnTrooper »