Author Topic: "Freddy vs. Jason"  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: "Freddy vs. Jason"
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2003, 01:51 PM »
Nice points Tom, and I think I can explain the reason he killed the people in his house, because that is where he had been living (in that sewer "thing") and he doesn't want people in his house as it is "sacred" to him as Dr. Loomis stated in H5 I believe, "it is where all of his memories are".

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 11:53 PM »
Anybody see the movie yet?  I'm curious to know how it turned out...  I'm too broke to go see it right now... :'(

Jango Fettish

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2003, 12:32 AM »
Spoilers....

Alright, basically the premise of the movie is that Jason and Freddy are to do battle. First, Jason goes on a killing spree which in turn rekindles the namesake of Freddy Krueger. Now that Freddy is fresh in the minds of kids everywhere, he can come back through their dreams.

Bunch of gore, bunch of murders. Freddy, by way of a Jay (Jay and Silent Bob) stoner lookalike, injects Jason with a tranquilizer. They both made their way into a psych ward somehow, I forgot how though.

Freddy apparently cares nothing for the kids at the time in the psych ward, so he takes on Jason in the dreamworld. Freddy straight up trumps Jason. Try as he might, Jason gets nowhere.

Kids try to figure out a way of bringing Freddy into the "real world" where Jason is invicible of course, so he can take care of Freddy once and for all, and Jason go be back home.

So, they end up at Crystal Lake/Lake Crystal. There is some virginal character, the likes of which Jason wouldn't attack, so she was a plot device throughout the movie.

She takes tranquilizers and brings Freddy back into the real world with her, into Jason's home turf.

The two duke it out, Jason has the upper hand since Freddy is vulnerable in the real world.

Bunch of cool fight scenes later, they end up on the dock of the Lake. Jason gets his eyes gouged out(but we see him blinking as he sinks back to the bottom later?) then what we all came to see finally happens. Jason got his fingers chopped off, so he was kinda hurting defensewise as well. So, he just plugged his hand right through Freddy's body, which hurt.

Jason hacks off Freddy's gloved hand, shoves it through him, then lops his head clean off.

Game over! Or so we thought..

Few scenes later, it cuts to a scene of Jason walking out the water with Freddy's head..

Close up of Freddy's head..HE WINKS AND SMILES!

And thats when I realized that they just ruined the Nightmare franchise ever moreso by making Freddy invincible in the real world as well!!!

Pretty damn good movie over all, but Kelly Rowland is a horrible, horrible actress..even for a teen slasher flick.

This gets 7 out of 10 Kamino saberdarts.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2003, 12:46 AM »
Thanks Cory! ;D

Can we say Freddy vs. Jason2? ::)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Spoilers ahead.....

Yeah, there will be a sequel.

Robert Englund was holding an interview, and the interviewer asked who won. He forgot to turn his mic off when he went to whisper into his ear "We're working on a sequel".

Maybe for the same reason Crystal Lake made Jason invincible it made Freddy invincible as well.

Needless to say, I dont think just another Freddy vs. Jason has enough to bring in the crowds for a sequel, so either they're going to team up, or they are going to have to throw another movie freak into the mix. Does New Line have the rights to Halloween?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2003, 12:03 PM »
From the first Nightmare movie it showed that Freddy was invicible from most ever thing.  Nancy burns him alive yet he still goes after her mother and kills her then comes back after Nancy who knows that  the only way he can die is to ignore him, like the town has done in FvJ.  At the end I think he didn't die because the kids are still afaird of him which is keeping him alive.  

Jango Fettish

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 12:20 PM »
Not sure, but theres a Halloween 9 in the works. This franchise is and has been pathetically dragged itself along for a few years now. H20 and Resurrection were two of the stupidest "horror" films I have ever seen.

Besides, putting Michael Myers in a movie with Freddy and Jason wouldn't work since MM's schtick is him killing off family members, which was kind of completed after the first 15 minutes of Resurrection, when he offed JLC.

So, if someone wants to ruin any shred of credibility the Halloween franchise has, pit him against those 2 guys as well, I suppose. I don't think it would work because Michael Myers is human, and lives in the real world. He's never died, he's been in a coma and been electricuted which apparently didn't kill him.

I don't think Freddy vs Jason will make enough money to merit a sequal that will see a theatrical release. Like Jason X, this movie should have gone straight to video in the first place.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 01:52 PM »
Although I am a fan of the Halloween and Friday the 13th movies,  I think they should let them go and die a peaceful death.  It gets a little ridiculous to keep rehashing the same storyline over and over again,  kinda like Hasbro with some of the figures they offer...  sorry couldn't resist.  While Freddy vs. Jason seems like a good twist in the series and I'll eventually see it,  don't drag it out in another movie or three.  Tell  the story and move on.  To me it kinda takes away from the original movies which should've ended years ago.  Why ruin what was once a good thing and keep on making movies which get more and more ridiculous?  

Oh yeah,  for more money...  Silly me. ::)  

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2003, 02:17 PM »
Besides, putting Michael Myers in a movie with Freddy and Jason wouldn't work since MM's schtick is him killing off family members, which was kind of completed after the first 15 minutes of Resurrection, when he offed JLC.

So, if someone wants to ruin any shred of credibility the Halloween franchise has, pit him against those 2 guys as well, I suppose. I don't think it would work because Michael Myers is human, and lives in the real world. He's never died, he's been in a coma and been electricuted which apparently didn't kill him.

Technical Micheal Myers still has two living relative left to off, JLC son and grandson from her daughter who MM offed in Halloween 6, so he still has familiy members to kill.  I hope that after nine they end it and I hope they end the Jason and Freddy movies as will its time that we get new Slasher stars which is something hard to do IMO because of these characters success.  The only thing that I think comes close is Ghost Face or what ever the killer in Scream is called.  
Its time that someone comes up with a new evil character that can live for a while in the movies..

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 02:27 PM »
I'm jumping in to discuss Michael.

Now, we have at least the potential for 2 more movies because of what Tom (Darth Kenobi) said. JLC's son, John in H20 is living, and JLC's grandson. The thing is, Halloween 1, 2, H20, and Resurrection ignore all of the events of 4,5, and 6, like they never happened. To continue that trend, you would have at least 2 more movies. Moustapha Akkad has said that they will go up to Halloween 21 I believe, that is when Donald Pleasance said he would stop, so that is what they are doing.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2003, 02:41 PM »
Up to Halloween 21? :o  

Is there really enough storyline potential to keep the series going that long?  The only way that I can see it is if the mayhem continues into further generations of his family.  Michael Myers is the MAN and I really love the Halloween series,  but again isn't this getting to the point of overkill  (no pun intended)?  I think the longer it goes on,  the more it would damage the original films.  I'm going to have to break out my Halloween collection and take this matter under review... ;D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Up to Halloween 21? :o  

Is there really enough storyline potential to keep the series going that long?  The only way that I can see it is if the mayhem continues into further generations of his family.  Michael Myers is the MAN and I really love the Halloween series,  but again isn't this getting to the point of overkill  (no pun intended)?  I think the longer it goes on,  the more it would damage the original films.  I'm going to have to break out my Halloween collection and take this matter under review... ;D
I doubt that they will make 21 films I think that the producer was joking when he said that but then if the films contuined to make money anything is possible.  

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2003, 04:42 PM »
And I feel that is the only reason why these movies are still around...  More Money.  They must be making alot of it.

Offline Boba Fitt

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2003, 01:00 PM »
I may see it when it opens.

Michael is possessed and has a mission, to kill his family

While this is true in Halloween 1-7, Resurrcetion changes it to where he killing just people and not his familiy (except in the opening scenes) unless one of those people in the house was a familiy member.  That was one thing I didn't like with Halloween 8 I would of had Jamie Lee Curtis in the house waiting for Micheal to come and then had a fight to the death killing each other for good.  But now I guess they will be Halloween 9 to explian why Micheal went after those kids and not just because they were in his house and he wanted to kill them.  He has been in the vecinty of other people and not killed them, Nurse in Car (Halloween 1); Babies in Hospital, kids TOT (halloween 2); Lady and kid in bathroom (Halloween H2O) and other examples are in the other movies.  And I hope he doesn't appear at the end of this movie I would weather see him in his own movie.

Hate to be a nitpicker, but Halloween 3: Season of the Witch has nothing to do with Micheal Myers. H3 is about a Halloween mask maker who is putting small pieces of Stonehenge in the masks. When a person wears the mask and watches a special tv commercial on Halloween night, they'd die.

Then only relation between Mike and H3 - and I remember reading about this many years ago so I may be wrong - is that Michael finds one of the masks and uses it as his own.

And as a bit of trivia, did you know that his mask is a Captain Kirk mask that was flipped inside out and paited white?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2003, 02:09 PM »
The only thing that I think comes close is Ghost Face or what ever the killer in Scream is called.  

Its time that someone comes up with a new evil character that can live for a while in the movies..

True with Ghost Face, but the whole movie franchise is kinda done.

Secondly, I hear Jeepers Creepers creature dude may turn out to be a good franchise in the future.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...