Author Topic: G.I. Joe Convention 2012  (Read 14030 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: G.I. Joe Convention 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2012, 04:26 PM »
No clue they'd done a working shoulder holster for a GIJ...  wish I had that accessory now in my fodder bin. :(  Anyone got one of those Destro's in their fodder pile and not want the holster from it?  :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Yup

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2012, 10:52 PM »
 :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 03:34 AM »
It'd be great if Darklon and Voltar are part of this set, and not con attendee exclusives like I'm thinking. The Club did mention that Destro won't be in this set, but with six Grenadiers and the Oktober Guard, I'm not thinking the guys I mentioned will make the cut.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 12:58 AM »
I'm happy it won't be Destro.  Apparently the latest rumor is General Mayhem because he's Russian and the Oktober Guard have a history with him. He was already in a Con set, back in 2005, but the club has already shown their willingness to update o-ring figures to the modern sculpt.  We'll see, I guess.

I'm wondering with the show figures will be also and if I'll feel the need to try and track them down too.  I'm already a little nervous on the 12" set and this is the first time I've been this interested in both scales in the same year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Voltar is up.  I can't post it, I'm on my iPad and it is smarter than me.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 10:37 PM »
$345-*******-dollars for the Oktober Guard set?!  Holy ****.  Another $210 for the loose set.  That's a $40 bump on last year's set (and $25 on the bagged set).

Don't get me wrong, the Club is doing two really nice sets this year, but if you aren't going to the convention, the price is getting a little too much.  Since you miss out on so many benefits by not going, at these prices, buying the non-attendee package really isn't affordable any more.

I'm also not sure about the OG now.  The final two members are Horror Show and a new member, General Iron Bear.  That means we're not even getting the classic 6 members which we could infer as meaning that Dragonsky will probably be a show exclusive.  Crap.  Now I'm almost more interested in buying last year's 12" set and then this year's.  Argh.  If the OG wasn't really the only special team from the vintage era that I wanted in the updated format I'd just be done with it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Kinda let down by Voltar. At $350, this is a pass. Maybe I'll splurge on the FSS instead.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Yeah, since it's a set with Iron Grenadiers, it's a pass for me, too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Looks like all of the reveals are done for the OG set.  Horror Show went up last night and looks pretty good.  I'm not a 100% sold on the legs they chose, they look wonky in the photo but I'm hoping they look a little better in the final product.

The thing I'm a little worried about now is that they're only going to allow attendees to register for the first couple of weeks days per an email that went out last night.  I'm afraid of the set selling through, or the bagged set going fast.  Either would kind of screw up my plans for ordering.  I understand why they're doing it, but on top of all the other problems they've had this year, this is another unexptected one.

E...

Edit- Looks like I read that wrong, it's the first couple of days, not weeks.  Still, it could really throw a wrench into my plans.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:52 AM by efranks »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I would buy all of these if they were released in a more general, affordable release.  too bad. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Non-attending pre-orders went up today about 7:30 and sold out in less than 3 hours according to the Club's email.  They set aside some boxed and bagged sets for non-attending and they apparently have a few left for attendees but they're not allowing people to double-up on orders this year.

I got my order in for a boxed and bagged set but I'm not going to count it until I get confirmation that my order went through.  I jumped in about 10 minutes after the email hit so I'm hoping all is good.

It's not cheap, though.  The prices on both the boxed and bagged sets are up, no free shipping this year and they're charging a $6 processing fee which I don't recall from previous years.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42 PM »
I'm weak.  Last minute tonight I jumped on the Con site again and ordered the 12" set.  I didn't buy last year's but it was on my short list and if their store hadn't gone down due to the CC fraud, probably would have picked it up before now.  Now I'm hoping a few make it until after the Con so I can pick one up later this year...maybe after CVI.

But, if it doesn't hang around, one thing in my favor is that I have the original Hasbro release of the sandrail so the accessories should fit on that if I miss the yellow AT version.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 02:19 AM »
Info is out about the 3.75" show souvenirs from this year's con:

Attendee Exclusive: October Guard motorcyle (Snarler Repaint)

Annihilator 3-pack ES 650: $85
IG Ground Assault 2-pack (Darklon & Sgt. Major) ES 1,000: $75
October Guard Attack Helicopter ES 600: $70
Cobra Stealth Paratrooper ES 500
Soviet Convoy Truck w/ 3 tops (OG, Cobra, IG) ES 500: $99

No photos of anything yet except the OG Cycle.  I also haven't seen any reports of a 12" show exclusive yet.  But according to GeneralsJoes.com and a couple other sites, looks like Darklon will be available somewhere.

They also have 500 pieces of the Footloose figure, carded. More will be available after the show in the Club store as it's a Club exclusive and now a show exclusive.

E...

Edit to add some info and pricing to the souvenirs.  And, I have to say, the IG 2-pack with Darklon & Sgt. Major for $75 is ripoff.  It's limited to 2 per person while everything else is 1 per.  The Truck, based on the Indy vehicle, is awesome. Probably my favorite of the souvenirs but the 2-pack is really cool also (Darklon!!!), but not at that price.  And, apparently there aren't any 12" souvenirs this year, I've seen no posts anywhere for one so...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:18 PM by efranks »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Gads. So glad I don't collect Modern GI JOE.

Freaking Raiders truck that was on clearance (i got the cloth top version!) is now recolored and $99? Ha!

I picked up the RoC version of that Copter at a yard sale....and it's mostly junk.

A few of the Oktober Guard figures look good, but the rest of this year's stuff is awful and insanely priced...moreso than usual.