Collecting > Collector's Tips

Display Cases

<< < (3/4) > >>

JediJman:
Wow, those are slick!  Do they just have holes for nails or screws in the back?  I think I could get away with this easier than cutting into the drywall...

JediJman:
Speaking of display cases, I am in the market for some acrylic display cases for my carded vintage figures.  I have a bunch of them with the slide open bottom, but would like to get more.  Anyone know of a good source?

Scott:

--- Quote from: JediJman on April 24, 2012, 11:32 AM ---Wow, those are slick!  Do they just have holes for nails or screws in the back?  I think I could get away with this easier than cutting into the drywall...

--- End quote ---

Yes there are holes in the back spaced at standard stud spacing to screw into...they weigh a little bit but they really work slick

Jesse James:
If you wanted to do Acrylic, it's pretty easy to work with Justin...  It's expensive to buy is all, but working with it isn't hard.  A lot of what you want can be done by heating/forming actually.

If i get the glass I'll snap a pic when it's done.  I thought about snapping one while it's unfinished but it doesn't really look quite right, or convey well what it would look like finished anyway.

Qui-Gon Jim:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on April 18, 2012, 03:23 PM ---That's actually kind of what my display case for vintage is, in design, but not the cardback background of course.  Mine's just stained wood.

My gripe with that is you can't display the variations well then.  I'm kind of a stickler for primary variations getting displayed too.  It's great, a really neat idea, but wouldn't work for my collection display I guess.  :'(

I do like that the Rebo Band and blue Snags got slots in there though.

--- End quote ---
The major variants are in there...  Vinyl Jawa, pin head Han, brown snake Yoda, multiple R2's...

This is pretty awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version