Author Topic: Rebelscum Skiff Guard Poll  (Read 7229 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Rebelscum Skiff Guard Poll
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Not a rumor in any way shape or form, but I thought I would post here in case anyone else who hasn't already wanted to join in.  Over at Rebelscum a forum member started a Sweet 16 tournament for "Which unmade Jabba's Skiff/Barge figures are most desired?"  The first round of voting was easy pickings as the original poster intended, but the next round will be tougher.

here is the link if anyone here wants to participate:  http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079585-2/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Skiff Guard Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:17 AM »
for anyone following the above poll, this is where it is at now.  Much tougher choices...

ps - I am sad Fozec didn't make the cut, but honestly I am sure he wouldn't win the whole tourney anyway - the other aliens are much cooler looking.

another thought.  The bottom row of characters are much cooler, and probably more likely to be "fan favorites", imo, than the top 4.  So this will throw off the finals, again, imo, from what it really should be looking like in terms of fan popularity.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:29 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:31 PM »
I like Jabba goons, but so many were Nikto and Klaatu guys...  That's why a poll like that is meh to me, since I'd rather get humans or a resculpt of something weird like Pote Snitkin.

Doallyn and the humans are the only interesting ones, and I'd imagine only Doallyn makes it to the final rounds iwth the Scum crowd.

To me, it shouldn't even be a debate.  The guy that shoots Luke's hand does something prominent in the battle, and should get a figure, but probably isn't even going to wind up in the top group.  Maybe I'm wrong though and he'll make it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Yeah, I'd love a Taym... someone to shoot Luke's hand. One I didn't see on the list is the Weequay that pops out of the barge and gets promptly evicted into the pit by Luke.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Yeah, I'd love a Taym... someone to shoot Luke's hand. One I didn't see on the list is the Weequay that pops out of the barge and gets promptly evicted into the pit by Luke.

according to skiffguards.com - it is the same Weequay!  http://www.skiffguards.com/weequay-guard.html

and he is up against Taym!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Continuity be damned. You're right! Thanks for the link. Will do some research. :)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 06:02 PM »
that website is a great website for referencing.  pretty sure it is run by user bigbarada over at Scum. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:04 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Cranks me off that they could run that poll without putting in the option for voting for the unmade bartender astrodroid on the sailbarge, which seems to have some pretty sweet red/white deco, including an odd vertical stripe on its dome:

Boo on them!  >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Hey Hobbie. I like that Bar2 unit as well. Maybe it didn't make the list since it isn't a skiff guard?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Wow! I never noticed that Astromech before. I definitely want that.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18 PM »
How did they come up with the seeding?  Seems sort of random...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Wow! I never noticed that Astromech before. I definitely want that.

seconded, for both points.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 11:14 AM »
@hobbie, the poll, as others have said, was just to go over who was involved in the fight.

I would honestly buy all of the characters that ever were on any of Jabba's skiffs.

Ultimately out of what is left I would probably take Taym if I could get my way - I like his look, his helmet is cool, we have gotten a lot of aliens from this scene, and oh yeah, he shoots Luke....

My runner up would be Yotts.  If you have not checked his character out over at Skiffguards website I would recommend it.  I like the look of his criss-cross bandoliers on his chest, his outfit color is cool/different from many others on the skiffs, and of course he is a yet to be made figure.

And, if he wasn't up against Taym, going with what is left in the poll, I would probably take the "un-killable Weequay" as an extremely close second - if not a trade off.  Never been made before figure, un-killable, and to me his outfit looks like a pirate from another favorite movie of mine when I was a kid, "Swiss Family Robinson".   :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:16 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 07:30 PM »
How did they come up with the seeding?  Seems sort of random...

It's awful. How is Fozec a 9? Doallyn should be the 1 seed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Cranks me off that they could run that poll without putting in the option for voting for the unmade bartender astrodroid on the sailbarge, which seems to have some pretty sweet red/white deco, including an odd vertical stripe on its dome:

Sweet Droid!  I'd dig on one as well.  Interesting to see that there's still new finds after all these years..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN