Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181598 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Pathetic...even Disney can't get new stock out of Hasbro. They are hopeless.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Man, imagine the worst-case situation where Disney decides to scrap the BAD station because it's just too much hassle.  Pete could retire easily on the fortune he'd accrue selling off his droids (if his OCD would let him sell his that is :P).  ;)

I cannot believe the prices these things are already going for on eBay - $190 for 5 droids?   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Man, imagine the worst-case situation where Disney decides to scrap the BAD station because it's just too much hassle.  Pete could retire easily on the fortune he'd accrue selling off his droids (if his OCD would let him sell his that is :P).  ;)

I cannot believe the prices these things are already going for on eBay - $190 for 5 droids?   ::)

LOL - yeah - OCD kinda gets in the way...

The funny thing is that I have a total of 22 droids I'm happy with, 2 droids that I'd be okay with if I never got anymore parts and then 3 more droids that I built to serve as bodies for the yet-to-be-released domes -- times two. Technically, I do have a "spare" set, but my plan was always to have a set of 50 droids that I could keep in 25 of those 2-packs and then another set of the same 50 droids that I could display loose with all of my other open/loose figures.

So, yeah, I could totally make a good amount of $$$ selling those 27 droids (which are all complete with six pieces each).

Where I'm "short" in parts is definitely still around the all-black and all-red body. My goal with the 50 droid set was that it was to be made up of 2x of each of the 25 unique domes and at a minimum 3x of each unique body part.

In hindsight, I just wish I had built a lot more back in May than I did.

re: eBay prices - I can't believe how much these are going for either, it's insane.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Yeah that's some tidy value you're sittign on Pete...  :)  You could take a gamble, sell, and just fund two or three more trips down hoping they have what you want then!  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 1, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Here's a group shot I took of all my droids....

There are couple in there that aren't exactly the way I wanted them, but what you see represents at least one of every part - and in many cases two of every part.

To be done with the R2, R3, R4, R5 & R7 domes there are another eight droids I want to make. I had hoped to be done with those domes before the R6, R8 and R9 domes came in, but I don't think that's going to be possible now.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 2, 2012, 09:15 AM »
These things are the crack cocaine of star wars collecting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 2, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Crack is probably more easily obtained.   :D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 2, 2012, 12:04 PM »
These things are the crack cocaine of star wars collecting.

Yeah - for me they are that's for sure... The crazy part is that it's pretty much the only segment of collecting Star Wars right now that I care about - I will probably feel that way until I have two of each of the 50 unique droids that I want to build.
Peter

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 4, 2012, 01:48 AM »
Here's a group shot I took of all my droids....

That's a great pic there Pete.  Congrats on being one of the few to nab this set!  I'm still praying these find their way into next year's supposed B-A-D line (sans silly hats), otherwise, these stupid astromechs will be the bane of my existence.
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2012, 03:30 AM »
I'm still praying these find their way into next year's supposed B-A-D line (sans silly hats)...

Well, based on SDCC, this obviously isn't happening.  Crap.  Very nervous now, as I loves me some astromechs!  At least it sounds like WDW has finally gotten the rest of their droid parts in, along with a new supply of the old ones.  Does this mean you'll be heading back down there again soon, Pete?  :-X
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2012, 07:14 PM »
I'm hoping they show up at Disneyland this fall.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Does this mean you'll be heading back down there again soon, Pete?  :-X

I'd love to - but I don't think so - probably won't have an opportunity until the fall.

Glad to see the new parts are there, but I'll probably have to wait until they are picked over as a result of CVI and then restocked again...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Well - a collector local to the Disney area was able to get me 21 of the remaining 22 2-packs I needed for my "complete" collection of two-each of 50 different droids (100 droids total).

And he's going back in September and will be looking to get me the last 2-pack that he couldn't make for me then.

So short of Disney releasing another 71 parts, I really can't see myself ever going back down there for droid factory, I'd much rather find someone who wouldn't mind scoring an extra $100 for their troubles and save all of the travel expenses.

Once I get all the droids in-hand, I'll take some more pictures and post them....
Peter

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2012, 04:27 PM »
I'm hoping my source comes through this week with a purple R3.  That's the only one I care about at the moment.  If not, then no biggie.

But that is totally cool, Pete.  99% done!  Congrats.  I hope you local collector can help you finish it off!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2012, 07:16 PM »
I have a scout trying to nab me 3 or 4 droids I'd like built as well this week...  :)  All new heads was what I was after, ultimately, and skipped any film-accurate domes.  If I even only wind up with one of the ones I'd have liked, I'll be happy as a clam.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77