Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181589 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #30 on: May 1, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Assuming they're spread out over time, and available for some time (like years), I love them enough that I'd probably buy a wave/set per year...  That's assuming it's like one set available at a time, and not all that dumped at once.

All at once, i'd get picky I think.  The more unique it would be, the more likely I'd be to want it and pass on the rest if they're too similar to existing ones.  Which someo f those are pretty darn close or possibly exact.

The purple R3 dome though, that'd be something I'd want, so that on a purple body/legs would be neat...

Some of those sound very similar to existing ones though, and the pic seems to back that up, so yeah I can pass on one that basically looks like R2-D2 or any of the Queen's droids.  A lot of those could be easy passes really.

That's, of course, assuming you build a figure individually and don't buy them by the set.  There's so many variables to it right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 1, 2012, 05:31 PM »
What does an R8 and R9 dome look like?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 1, 2012, 07:52 PM »
That's a lot of droids. This can be a very cool thing and would be interesting to see if it turns out to be wildly successful.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #33 on: May 1, 2012, 08:05 PM »
What does an R8 and R9 dome look like?

Here's a picture that was put up on the otheR site.  I don't know which one is which, but can see the different types in the picture if you look closely. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 1, 2012, 11:44 PM »
Those are cool looking droids. Hasbro needs to release those. Are those from the New Jedi Order?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 2, 2012, 12:20 AM »
I'm hoping my Disney connection comes through for me on this one because, well, I just love these... 

How much do you love them?  If that second RS rumor report is true, there are 25 different heads, meaning there could be as many as 25 basic droids to complete (unless some colors match existing droids).  If the (rumored) $10-12 each price is accurate, it could get pretty spendy to buy them all.

~snip~

Holy ****balls, that's a lot of droids.  I have every astromech released to date except for a couple R2's that I've missed, so I'm definitely curious to see how this all plays out.  This could get pricey in a hurry.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #36 on: May 2, 2012, 10:08 AM »
I don't know where those R8 & R9 droids are from, but they are being released in the Disney thing.  You can see some of their parts in the one big pic that is out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 2, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Didn't really see one that matched the one on the right, but you can see one that fairly clearly matches the droid on the left in this capture.  You also can see one sort of an in-between an R5 and an R4 there.

The full photo is in our initial story on this.

Clicky to check it out!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 3, 2012, 03:14 PM »
The R9 domes are the orange one in the back wearing the blue Mickey ears and, judging by the RS rumor list, the blue one that is just out of frame on the bottom.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #39 on: May 3, 2012, 09:14 PM »
The R9 domes are the orange one in the back wearing the blue Mickey ears and, judging by the RS rumor list, the blue one that is just out of frame on the bottom.

This is right, zoom in on the red dome and you can just see the groove/indentation that runs around the bottom.  That purple one that looks like an R5 dome with an R2 'eye' is the R6 dome.  The yellow one you have circled is an R7.

« Last Edit: May 3, 2012, 11:21 PM by Hobbie »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 4, 2012, 12:47 AM »
R6, R8, and R9's really make me think BAD's back soon.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #41 on: May 4, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I hope these also come as whole sets per droid ore else this is going to be one of the hardest lines to complete. I love that DF is coming back in some capicty. If it comes back in the line I hope we get the cancelled R-3P0 molded in the Saga colors instead of the crappy BP version. It would also be great to see 8D8 done in BAD since the legs and arms are already toolded.

So many possibilities...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 4, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Thank God (or really my wife, no I'm not saying she's God) my completist days are long gone.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 4, 2012, 11:11 AM »
This looks like it will be a cool set of droids.  The hat toppers are silly, but you have to figure they were part of the deal for Disney to pick these up.  And so the little hole in the astromech droid domes finally serves a purpose!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 4, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Re: the possibility of a box set - I don't even care if it comes with enough pieces to make 25 droids for the 25 domes. I'll be happy with considering my collection "complete" if I get a set of all of the parts.

It would be neat if they packaged all the parts with a new version of the Droid Factory Playset and put it in a Vintage Deco box - I'd be okay with a $100 - $150 price tag on something like that. Especially if it meant I could just call up the Disney Delivery Service and order a pair....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!