Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181907 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2015, 04:13 PM »
Ahhhhhhh crap. Well, I'll need a Disney buddy.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2015, 06:50 PM »
I'm willing to pick up parts but you have to specify exactly which parts you want.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Really?  These R6 and R9 droids that are part of the theme park program are tied in to Rebel pilots from TFA?  WTF?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Really?  These R6 and R9 droids that are part of the theme park program are tied in to Rebel pilots from TFA?  WTF?!?!

Well - the R6 dome does look A LOT like one of the domes they showed during the Abrams/Kennedy panel when they brought out the droid builders - so if that's the case, that makes them all the more cooler!

Where did you see this info posted Nick?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2015, 11:36 PM »
The guys from the creature shop who built the new R2 said as much during the panel with JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2015, 02:12 AM »
Looks like there could be more parts than what was shown in the picture - there is a new white torso with white and black highlights, different than anything that has come before. Looks like it would look good with that new R6 dome, moreso than the new red torso that is pictured. It might even look good with the Silver/Black R9 dome too...

I wonder if they have a "wave 2" poster planned like they released from wave 1 a couple years ago....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:12 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2015, 05:37 PM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/more-droid-factory-variations-new-legs-and-madness-madness

Just a heads up on Gh's news on these...  I'm so into all these variants.  Must. Have. Droids.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2015, 11:20 PM »
It kind of makes me want them all now that they've retooled the trunks to remove the lower holes. Not sure about the legs as I liked the wires, but I get the logic. They are some smart/sadistic mfers though for including actual characters.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Seconded. 

I always wanted more of the Disney Droids (I only have two of the 25 domes :(), but somehow these feel more like of a WANT/NEED and not "nice to have" like the last series because at least some of them are actual character droids from the movies.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2015, 10:40 AM »
There is a part of me that really likes the fact that some of these droids are actual characters. This way, I can limit what I buy to just that character's parts, get one to keep in a clamshell, get a 2nd to open and I'll be done. With how limited the color combinations are anyway, I'll be hard pressed to find use for Goldie's dome or the dome that is blue/purple with yellow highlights that goes on the gray w/yellow body.

I am slightly tempted to bring some of the 2012/Wave 1 domes with me and see if any of those domes look good on 2015 bodies and vice versa. For example, the white w/yellow R6 dome might look good on the new white w/yellow & gray body, so it will be an interesting challenge for me to see what kind of aesthetically pleasing color combinations I can come up with.

The GH report indicates that the gold parts sell out quick so I guess making a Goldie will probably be the biggest challenge.  :-\ Makes sense if you think about it since it is an actual character.

The only thing I can do now is keep my fingers crossed that there are still new parts to be had come mid-June...
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2015, 01:03 PM »
There is also the part group to make I believe Mace's astro from TCW.  The one from the ultimate battlepack, no?

And red leaders r5 of course.  I'm happy with the scramble version but I will make one with different (white/black) legs for variety.

I MUST have a Goldie.  It was based on the Steelers and in particular Jerome Bettis.  Gotta own that. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2015, 01:04 PM »
The timing on this will be interesting for me to watch.  We head down in 6 weeks, so will DW have the new parts or the old parts?  I still don't have a set of the old ones, so would like those to hang around, but it would equally stink to miss out on the new parts while I'm there.  Just have to wait and see I guess.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Dang, this would have been a good way to get out the canceled R5-P8 droid from TCW.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Seconded. 

I always wanted more of the Disney Droids (I only have two of the 25 domes :(), but somehow these feel more like of a WANT/NEED and not "nice to have" like the last series because at least some of them are actual character droids from the movies.  :-\

I couldn't agree more! I really want Goldie and r8 b7 which I would consider cannon. I bought the black and white droid with the r8 dome a few weeks ago on eBay and that's my only disney build a droid. Going to try like hell to get these two clone wars homages!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2015, 10:39 AM »
It is sounding like Disneyland already has the new build a droid colors and a refreshed backer card. I'll be going this thursday so get your part lists to me if you haven't already. Please be extremely specific. Any parts I buy for you are not returnable.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours